BFSleuth

Colorado Sighting Of Two Bf In The Road

BFSleuth

In case you haven't listened to it, there is a very interesting two part interview of a witness on Facebook "Find Bigfoot" - the "Colorado sightings: (Part One)" and "Colorado sightings : (Part Two)".

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3311422026525&set=vb.10150169543715721&type=2&theater

I like being able to hear a witness describe what they saw and experienced. This witness also provided a drawing, and the encounters were unique:

- He was driving over a mountain pass in Colorado, a two lane road, at night.

- As he rounded a curve his high beams picked up what he at first thought was a pile of hay blocking his lane in the road with strands blowing in the wind.

- He slowed and came to a stop within 20' of a BF, sitting down facing to the right with knees up and hands palm down extended forward, forming a pyramid shape.

- The BF was huge, and was shivering violently, he described it as breathing hard and in an agitated state.

- After a short time he decided he might be in danger and slowly drove around it.

- The BF never moved or acknowledged his presence.

- Then a short while later he came upon ANOTHER BF sitting in the same position in the road.

Conjecture as to what they were doing in the road? They were both sitting facing in the same direction and in the same unique position, both shivering violently and breathing hard.

Edited by BFSleuth
Update link to video

Cotter

Worms?

dogscooting.jpg?w=450

OK, sorry about that BFSleuth...

Boy, if that account is accurate, I would only guess (and not even and educated one) that several possibilities could include some sort of ritual. Not sure what, but the similarities and locations seem to be quite intentional. "huge" as is described is certainly open to interpretation. Maybe some sort of rite of passage or showing off for a gal from the late adolescents....

Another possibility is that perhaps it was a reaction to an impending natural occurrence - earthquake or perhaps a weather phenom or area forest fire. Something to trigger an instinctual behavior out of them.

Very weird though, not sure how I would react, especially seeing a SECOND one doing the same thing.

Edited by Cotter

BFSleuth

lol re the "worms" thing... :D

Yeah, I think the idea that they were in a fight doesn't make sense, the warm time of year doesn't make sense for them to be shivering (noting that they seem to thrive in the middle of winter)... I would lean toward some kind of poisoning or a ritual. They were both facing the same direction.... almost like they were praying and couldn't be bothered to move from their form of bowing to their god(s). I remember there is an Indian story near Harrison Hot Springs that talks about every four years the BF gather in a high valley for some ritual involving fire and some kind of chanting.

However we conjecture this thing, the sighting sure is a puzzling one.

The estimated size of the BF is noted by the witness as about 9'6" from buttocks to fingertips as it was spanning the lane in the road and about 6' tall to the top of its head as it leaned over to place its palms on the ground as it sat on its buttocks. That's a big boy, 10' tall or more when standing.

BDK

My first thought would be how familar with the area was the driver? Just curious if he didn't end up making a circle on accident and find the same BF twice. Other wise, that is extremley odd.

JDL

How cold was it? How windy? How long after sunset? My first thought would be that the bigfoot had somehow gotten too cold and were trying to absorb stored heat from the blacktop of the highway.

Ok, now that I've looked at the sketch on the page it is very clear that they were just trying to look like big orange traffic cones. The shivering was due to suppressed laughter as the puzzled driver came to a complete stop and stared at them.

BFSleuth

Listen to the interviews (total about 40 minutes).

This was early September, the weather was warm, about 11:00 pm and the driver was taking a familiar road.

Guest Peter O.

If they were from the same troop, maybe they were diseased, in a stage that was causing fever and chills. He didn't invite them into his car to warm up? How rude ;-)

JDL

Cotter suggested that this was a bigfoot response to an earthquake or earth tremor. Maybe. Perhaps this guy's truck was one of those you could feel coming, in low gear, laboring up to the summit. Truck vibrates, vibration transmits through the blacktop, bigfoot feels it, bigfoot gets clear of anything that might fall on it, bigfoot sits in a braced position. Earth tremor doesn't pass, just gets closer and stronger. Truck appears. Bigfoot's freaking because somehow this machine is making the ground shake. Might not even realize there's a human in it.

If both adults, possibly grieving a lost child, or perhaps in memory of a family member hit on the road year before...?

The position described sounds like one that would take great effort to endure for a long period. The abdominal muscles might be strained in such a position and the shaking the type of shaking from that strain.

There are also multidimensional ways of looking at this....

Edited by Encounter

MikeG

Well, this one's got me stumped. I haven't the first idea why they should do what they are supposed to have done. In Africa animals gather on tarmac roads at night to collect the warmth....but that apparently wasn't an issue here. Bizarre!

Mike

georgerm

Well it's just a report made by someone who may be having fun with B Footers. Make up some story and see how big of pill the gullible will swallow.

On the other hand if a real sighting, all of the above comments seemed to cover all the bases..............I vote for worms! The road is the only smooth surface and imagine skidding off road butt down on sharp rocks and pine needles! Stuff hamburger balls with worm pills and chuck them out to the poor Squatches!

gross...........look for worm smears on asphalt in September in the high Mts. of Colorado................yearly skid trails.

BFSleuth

This is the drawing made by the witness, increased so the width is proportionate to the height as stated in the drawing.

I'm struck by how big this is, trying to picture looking at something of that size by my living room wall (about 20' away as he noted)... huge is the word that comes to mind. Don't blame him for wanting drive on by instead of taking the risk to put it in park to turn his back to try and get his camera, not to mention the idea of leaning out the window so the flash doesn't blind out the picture inside the windshield.

Huge.

post-1142-0-95545900-1330073085_thumb.jp

Edited by salubrious

slabdog

Maybe they were being concerned citizens....and trying to alert drivers to a stranded motorist ahead...

post-395-0-03037500-1330101419_thumb.jpg

(tee hee hee)