BFSleuth

Colorado Sighting Of Two Bf In The Road

Sunflower

Sal,

Your sighting is one of the most amazing and is in my list of the top ten of all time.  So up close and personal......... :keeporder:

salubrious

Its been 24 years and I still think about it quite a lot.

I'm really convinced they did this with purpose.

SWWASAS

I read this report some time ago.   My initial hunch was that it was a grieving situation because they placed themselves in danger in almost a suicidal situation.     The shivering would probably happen to a human who placed themselves into a similar situation facing sure death.    That they were facing South or the same direction hints of a form of religion.      Elephants, whales, and other higher intelligence animals exhibit grieving behavior but I cannot recall any suicidal behavior associated with it.    Anyone else know of suicidal behavior in animals?    Beaching whales seems like suicide but it is thought to be a whale pod's concern for a sick member of the pod and not wanting to leave them.    If that was suicidal behavior displayed by the BF, then that is weak but none the less evidence they might be similar to humans in what they are capable of doing to themselves.    Interesting report but anything we come up with to explain it is really conjecture at best.    Randy

OntarioSquatch

There's a BFRO report that describes the exact same thing, but I'm having trouble finding it. The fact that they were shivering tells me they were scared and were for some reason forcing themselves to stay there. Is it some sort of ritual?

Given the results of Sasquatch DNA, it wouldn't surprise me if they're inclined to have some sort of religion.

CMBigfoot

If one of the BF made it to 10ft tall. I would think it knows the difference between a good or bad mushroom.

If both BF were facing the same direction, I would think it's because they were watching/waiting for something. Either prey or a threat. That could possibly explain the shivering/shaking if it was a threat. That and a truck driving by them on an open road.

I would like to know what it was in the direction they were facing that they would rather sit in the road than get out of the way?

I know a guy that had a BF sighting in the early 1980's when he was deer hunting. He said the BF was sitting down on the otherside of the clearcut facing downhill. That was where his hunting partner was, down in this strip of timber watching another clearcut down below him. So this guy was watching a BF below him, that was watching his hunting partner below it.

diana swampbooger

Both had palms of hands & soles of feet touching the ground? Communication, much like elephants, spiders, etc..

Shivering(anticipation), facing the same way & concentration - could be a forward unit of a hunting party

In my humble opinion.

iacozizzle

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=12959

Above is a link to a rather well distributed report where both subjects are observed crouching/squatting when aware of human presence. Below is a link to a report of fighting.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/367

I submit as a plausible scenario that they were fighting and focused more on their immediate battle than their surroundings. Taken somewhat by surprise they may have "reverted" and crouched in desperation. Of course we'll never know but reading post #135 which suggested they were fatigued from fighting made sense.

Divergent1

Laugh if you will, but I don't totally discount Sasfooty's stories. If they are telepathically connected or communicate in some form similar to the way dolphins are theoretically capable of doing then it is possible that they received some devastating news and had an empathic reaction to the pictures they were seeing in their minds.

Amina Muscaria mushrooms might be a possibility, depending on the time of year, and area.

Salubarious, what time of year was this, and where? Someone could look up the mushroom season in that area. Another sighting in Fossil Bed sounded like a pot-raid, he was walking around 'drunk'. Not sure there was that much pot growing up in whatever area that long ago, but that could be another possibility.