New Reason Why The Pg Film Is Real

Guest Thepattywagon

And I wonder if that 52 degree angle might change if a suit wearer was lifting 14 inch Morris slippers. Nevertheless, it's an interesting observation.

The angle is dependent on the substrate, the length of the feet and the stride length. The skeptic's response is to basically admit that Patty's feet were at least as long as the footprints. So why would Roger replace an actor's footprints, wearing 14.5" feet, that he meticulously crafted with toes, for prints that were..(wait for it)..14.5" long? That makes zero sense.

The actor made the tracks and Roger must have "deepened" them and/or gave them more toe definition. In which case, the actor must have been taking 41" steps, and looked damned natural doing it. Does Patty look like she is struggling with swimfins?

At the very least, Bob H NEVER demonstrated the "walk" or the steplength. Nor has he ever mentioned taking long strides and having to slog thru sand with swimfins. Does this rule him out?

ETA: That video was well done and the point well made.

Edited by Gigantofootecus
Guest Thepattywagon

I agree Giganto. But of course, the problem will always be that there is no proof that the feet in the PGF are 14.5 inches.

However, I am brimming with confidence that Bill Munns will resolve this quandry in the near future.

It is really tough to imagine someone walking in clown feet, unimpeded, as we see the creature walk in the film.

I agree Giganto. But of course, the problem will always be that there is no proof that the feet in the PGF are 14.5 inches.

PW, I disagree. If Patty is over 6' tall then her feet MUST be at least 14.5" if her feet are 20% of her height (which they are). There is no "photo illusion" here. If we assume Patty is Bob H's height, then her feet must be at least 14.5". The skeptics cannot argue against this, unless they wish to contradict themselves. But I'll leave that up to them. :D

One giant hurdle to overcome when trying to walk like Patty is duplicating the EXACT angles of her lower legs. Also, what about the angle of her foot at "toe off"? Please see the book America's Bigfoot: Fact, Not Fiction.

Guest parnassus
Giganto wrote: Does Patty look like she is struggling with swimfins?

Actually, no one thinks that Patty was wearing swimfins. But there is a ground clearance problem, whether you notice it or not.

Meldrum describes the subject's problem with ground clearance in the documentary "Best Evidence," while in the Stanford University Gait lab. And the skeletonized graphics on his Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science disk also shows it, with a kind of swim fin walk. The OP video has been answered, by the way. see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K9V1uUzu-U

Edited by parnassus

this guy made a video showing him walking with swim fins on,he mactched the angle but his gate was not even close, and to me it seemed to only add to the lenth

and awkward gate of patty, the guy was straitening the front leg where patties is always flexed. I think when bill goes to the site this year, he is going to solve

a lot of the dynamics of the walk.

Edited by zigoapex

What's not being taken into accout here is foot length in relation to lower leg length, and the PGf subject has a curiously short lower leg, in relation to the upper leg or torso, as compared to many humans.

A short lower leg, in relation to foot length, means that the angle of the lower leg raised toward the horizontal (or away from the vertical, you can look at it either way), will produce a greater angle from the vertical, closer to the horizontal, for the toes to clear ground for the forward step.

I will probably be doing more work along this line in the future, as one of my research projects.

Bill

Don't you also have to consider the speed? Most clips shown give the appearance of a relatively slow

gait but this is based on an assumed film speed. If someone is running or walking fast their legs kick up much higher.

Interesting nonetheless.

Thickfoot:

Walking speed is a factor, yes, but it's more walking speed combined with stride length to body height. It's actually hard for a (as an example) 6' tall person to take a 41" step SLOWLY. The speed gives the long stride greater ease. The long stride does also increase the angle, because the forward foot if further away lowers the body and so the knee is lower directly as the rear leg moves forward under the body and so the leg angle is greater to clear the foot from scraping the ground.

Funny thing about Patty though is that in the early sequence (which includes Cibachromes, 61 and 72), she's not taking long strides, but her leg angle is still quite severe. I'm pretty sure it's the short lower leg to foot length ratio at play there.

Bill

SweatyYeti

Besides the obvious difference in 'body height'... :rolleyes: ......a few differences between Patty and the man are.....the angle of the knee joint.....the number of 'folds' on the legs....and, the proportion of the 'upper-arm to the lower-arm'...

ManPattyLegAngleComp1A.jpg

Other than those differences....(and others)....the guy and Patty are a virtual 'perfect match'!

Now...if we can only get Spiderman in here....I'm sure we could 'tighten-up' the match, even further... :lol:

PattyCalfAG2.gif

In this gif...in addition to the 'bent kneed' gait...note also the contraction of the calf, as Patty angles her foot downwards.

Edited by SweatyYeti