Can Bigfoot Speak?

Guest Twilight Fan

Guest Twilight Fan

Here is an interesting question: IYHO (in your humble opinion)...and if you think (or know) Bigfoot is real...do you think it can speak as humans speak? On Finding Bigfoot, I notice in a few episodes MM has said there are reports of people thinking they have encounters where the Bigfoot makes human-like speaking sounds.

We know other great apes are incapable of speech because their vocal cords are differently designed than ours. But, supposing Bigfoot is more closely related to humans than other apes (based on certain reports)...Do you think this creature can learn to speak like us?

I would say they can speak the way cats meow, dogs bark, birds sing. They do not innately know human language. PERHAPS they can mimic certain sounds or words but they would have to hear the words over and over. And, like a parrot, they would just repeat it without knowing what it meant (Sasquatch want a Zagnut? Sasquatch want a Zagnut? Pretty Boy!) . There are reports of sasquatch "voices" as being inhuman gibberish or monkey chatter. While Sasqutch does communicate with howls and screams, they also make wood knock sounds and throw rocks at people.

Yes, when you hear a foreign language for the first time it can sound like jibberish too. Rythmic sound making is not a sign of inability to speak, otherwise if you didnt know humans spoke as they do but only heard morse code you might say same about humans.

Edited by Encounter

Is that a moneymaker fact?

I wouldn't know. You would need to ask him about that.

Sasfooty - Why do you think so?

Because I've heard them. Lots of people have.

I think its possible, but not with any sophistication. If they could speak fluently then we would have recorded more of it, seen other instances of advanced traits because of it, like maybe fire use, more tool use, more impressive shelter use, more groups of Bigfoot than single individuals... why else have the ability if there isn't an evolutionary use for it?

Well again we have to distinguish "speech" which could be just any communicative sound with "language" which I do not think they have. Language has structure, syntax, grammar, rules. Like I said, a cat can communicate with other cats and cats can communicate with people. My cats make certain sounds only to/for me compared to my other cats. But that doesn't mean they have a language. But yeah they can speak.

If bigfoot had a language he would yell HEY IS ANYONE ELSE HERE IN THIS VALLEY instead of WHOOP WHOOP KNOCK WHOOP.

My cat can be lying on the porch in the sun, sound asleep, & I can send him a picture of me opening a can of cat food, & he'll meet me at the door.

I think its possible, but not with any sophistication. If they could speak fluently then we would have recorded more of it, seen other instances of advanced traits because of it, like maybe fire use, more tool use, more impressive shelter use, more groups of Bigfoot than single individuals... why else have the ability if there isn't an evolutionary use for it?

There are many ways to communicate. Just because humans dont seem to understand what they are hearing from other animals, doesnt mean they are not communicating in quite some detail. Sound itself carries languages. Some see languages through colour and through smell. Telepathic communication carries masses of emotion, thought, information, and abstract symbolism and it is more than possible BF living at one with nature and inner nature communicates with conscious use of telepathy. Weather can be communication and touch. If you hear a howling sound or whistling sound, growl or roar from a BF (or possible BF) and you dont understand the depth of that communication, it doesnt mean BF has a problem in comprehension or intellect - the problem is the one who doesnt understand.

Further to that in your example of lack or not of tool making (and there has been a lot of this on other threads) - why would BF need your type of tools or the tools you can recognise? Some beings do not choose a life of creating tools and being reliant on such tools. Rather some would develop their natural capacities, develop themselves.

Edited by Encounter