Jump to content
SquatchinNY

Are You Scared

  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

LeafTalker
8 hours ago, FarArcher said:

Yep.  

 

Even though mine could have torn me apart - and didn't - I fear their mass, stealth, strength, and speed.

My guess is you won't feel that way at some point down the line. 

 

But fer shur, they're all those things you mention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FarArcher
20 minutes ago, LeafTalker said:

My guess is you won't feel that way at some point down the line. 

 

But fer shur, they're all those things you mention. 

 

I was fearful as I thought I was up against a rabid cat - so my pucker was already clinched tight enough to cut nails.  And this huge, butt-ugly thing did nothing to make it relax - none at all.  I had to kill a tiger at night that had been stalking us for three days and three nights - killed him on the third night. 

 

Yeah, I'm familiar with having squeakers.  

 

And if that changes over these critters, I'll be sure and let you boys know.  Just don't get in a hurry, because I'm not.

Edited by FarArcher
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TritonTr196

Having some fear is not only healthy, but also a smart thing to have in this hobby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb

I know of someone who, like us, went actively looking for sasquatch for a long time. It was his passion. Then one day he found what he was looking for.

 

It scared him so badly that he didn't go back in the woods for several years.

 

I think we have a leg up on others because we know what we're looking for and believe it exists. There are those who may not have spent a minute thinking about sasquatch, maybe never heard of it, or believe they even exist. To walk out in the middle of the night to take a leak and see one around your campsite staring at you would be frightening for them. First, they have to first process what it is they're seeing. We've already done that and would immediately go to the next step of analyzing what we're seeing.

 

I suppose it would be akin to me hearing scratching sounds on the tent at night to look out and see it surrounded by little grey aliens. First reaction, WTF...then, uh oh.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LeafTalker
10 hours ago, FarArcher said:

 

I was fearful as I thought I was up against a rabid cat - so my pucker was already clinched tight enough to cut nails.  And this huge, butt-ugly thing did nothing to make it relax - none at all.  I had to kill a tiger at night that had been stalking us for three days and three nights - killed him on the third night. 

 

Yeah, I'm familiar with having squeakers.  

 

And if that changes over these critters, I'll be sure and let you boys know.  Just don't get in a hurry, because I'm not.

 

Wow, Far Archer. A tiger.... I can't even.... I can't fathom what that would feel like. How people do (and survive) such things is beyond amazing to me. 

 

But I'm not a guy, so I don't have any of the mental training boys get to start getting their heads around things like this. 

 

And yes, no hurry. I was just making a prediction, based on what I know of you from your postings, that that day will come. 

 

 

 

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

I think we have a leg up on others because we know what we're looking for and believe it exists. There are those who may not have spent a minute thinking about sasquatch, maybe never heard of it, or believe they even exist. To walk out in the middle of the night to take a leak and see one around your campsite staring at you would be frightening for them. First, they have to first process what it is they're seeing. We've already done that and would immediately go to the next step of analyzing what we're seeing.

 

This is absolutely true. Knowledge is power. When you know that there's a possibility you'll encounter a Bigfoot in the woods, you can prepare a little, mentally. And when you know that there is no danger from them (which there isn't -- unless you go looking to harm one, and then the odds of you getting out unscathed drop a little -- but even then, not much) -- anyway, as I say, when you know that there's no danger from them, you can put your heart and mind in "greeting mode", in connection mode. This putting of your heart in connection mode will ground you and reassure them. And then your FTF will be much easier. 

 

But it will still be hard, I hear (and as Far Archer -- and others who are brave and good people -- can attest to). (I had my first full-body daylight sighting in October, but it was from 100+ yards away, so it was definitely not scary.) I have very experienced friends with very loving hearts and deep insight who all promised me that seeing one up close would shake me to my core (and told me not to get too upset about that; to kind of accept the experience and let it "pass", so to speak). 

 

Knowing how many people have been able to get past their own fears and forge strong bonds with our strong cousins has been hugely, incalculably valuable to me in my own adventures. Because of them -- because of that knowledge I got from them -- I have been able to set my intentions and discipline my own mind to expect nothing but good from them. 

 

And that's what I've gotten: Lovely experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.  

 

So it's all about intention and discipline. You just do your best to discipline your mind to not fly off into fear -- and, even better, open your heart to them -- and that makes great things (all things, really) possible. 

Edited by LeafTalker
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brian

I don't know how I would feel.  I do believe in their existence so I am aware of the possibility of running into one.  I do not care to go running around the woods at night you are at a far bigger disadvantage than day time on top of that even if you have an encounter what kind of details are you really going to get.  Standing there face to face blaring a flashlight at BF just seems like so many things could go wrong.     

   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb

Isn't that the whole point of being out in the woods to begin with? Putting yourself in a position to discover. Sure things can go wrong. The odds are infinitely higher you will die today after you get in your car. Live a little. Don't be afraid to go out on the tree limb.....that's where the fruit is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×