Whistle's?

Guest ga sasquath

Guest ga sasquath

do any of you guys whistle while investagating..i have heard rumors about it but never really tried it.... thaks for the help.....

My mother-in law, who has passed, said when she was a child, her Granny told her never to whistle when in the woods, or "it" will come after you. Neither knew what "it" was, but I have an idea....

I response called, whistled, sang and talked. Read Robert Morgans Bigfoot Observer's Field manual...laugh thru it if you must, but then apply it in faith.

BFF Patron

Patterned whistling and their imitation of it let's me know when they are around (they imitate and will then embellish upon your productions).

(didn't need Robert Morgan for that ...... but he is a respected researcher/friend).

Edited by bipedalist

Guest ajciani

I have never initiated a whistle, but I have responded to their "bird" calls.

For example, there was one time I heard a call from a "bird" on the ground, so I duplicated its whistle. The "bird" responded with a different whistle, which almost sounded inquisitive, and so I duplicated that one. The "bird" was then heard to make two shuffles, and it was gone. The vegetation was too thick to see anything, but after walking the 40 to 50 feet to get to where the bird was, a human maintained trail was found, so the "bird" had obviously been on this trail. No wonder only a couple shuffles were heard. The trail was hard packed and would be excellent for a quick and silent retreat.

BFF Patron

Birds whistle, splitting hairs here........

And yes, they will imitate most any bird:

In my observations, I have heard them imitate crows at night, adulterated dove calls initiated by me and imitated by them (that weren't regular dove believe me), and finally, a whipporwill call that I initiated that they could imitate with high fidelity (and no whipporwill worth their salt would ever be accused of making, lol).

Edited by bipedalist

Guest peter

I use whipporwill at twilight and the bobwhite call during the day, both are native to Ohio but neither live around me.

Guest Bipedal Ape

How do you know it was a Bigfoot imitating those birds? Unless you actually saw the Bigfoot doing it, that is a wild claim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest toejam

I started whistling awhile back in my ongoing area.

A couple weeks or so back I went in and heard several distinct wood knocks just after starting my walk along a trail.

An immediate answer came from another location. I got a little excited as it was looking like I was experiencing some activity.

Too many coincidences that day added up to some enigmatic activity.

At one point I did a wood knock and almost instantly a loud whistle echoed back from the forest!

That was a first! The timing was uncanny.

It happened along the creek area. Not long after I was further down the creek (in the area where the whistle came from) and heard a twig snap. Immediately a red squirrel started chattering.

I filmed the area but saw nothing. It was an interesting outing to say the least. That was by far the most I've experienced in 3 winters.

Edited by toejam

Guest Jodie

Because I'm so enraptured with this book series By Suzanne Collins and the movie coming out, I've been using Rue's signature whistle for the mockingjay the last couple of months when I go out on the deck at night. It would be interesting if Bipedalist or Knuck heard this whistle in their areas later in the year.

BFF Patron

How do you know it was a Bigfoot imitating those birds? Unless you actually saw the Bigfoot doing it, that is a wild claim

Well I've got model calls I've made and reciprocating mimicry recorded for one. Don't know if you are addressing me or others in this thread or "all of us" but through my research with whistles and sharing with others in the southeast US, "we" have been able to make inroads into Sasquatch whistles. My audio/sound recording research is never going to be suitable for expository discussion on the BFF. So I remain committed to sharing with those who respect the Zeitgeist of share and share alike. I'm well beyond the

"call out" stage or claims that my research is "wild" (though it truly is...... :startle: ) and I don't make claims that I can't back up with other researchers who've got my back. Yes, I have the mutual respect of a network of researchers. Don't need yours.