Whistle's?

Guest ga sasquath

Peter, were you in an area where you might expect to have potential contact?

Try going back and doing it again and see if something else happens.

I heard a wood knock from the same area last November

where I go, I whistle to them sometimes--because I stay in sight of a road and my car, otherwise I'd not do that in case it means "come here." Once when I was whistling to them a lot, I was leaving, so I whistled, said "bye, guys!" and headed the car. All of a sudden the trees broke out in a bunch of whistling. Like twenty whistles, maybe. I was stunned, thrilled, It was one of those moments that make you say to yourself, "they ARE real!....." (because sometimes you start to wonder!)

Guest BastetsCat

where I go, I whistle to them sometimes--because I stay in sight of a road and my car, otherwise I'd not do that in case it means "come here." Once when I was whistling to them a lot, I was leaving, so I whistled, said "bye, guys!" and headed the car. All of a sudden the trees broke out in a bunch of whistling. Like twenty whistles, maybe. I was stunned, thrilled, It was one of those moments that make you say to yourself, "they ARE real!....." (because sometimes you start to wonder!)

Then you go whoa...there are a lot of them watching me....UUUUHHHH. LOL. :-)

I was shocked. Today I went there and whistled and heard other whistles.....so I stopped and waited and then after awhile (while trying to fix my dang camera!!) I timed a minute and counted bird calls...then whistled again and got a pickup in the rate......But when I say bye and get a burst of whistles, that aint no birds. I should try to get some video of that.

BFF Patron

That's when you nudge Wally, and ask him to fund your next experiment to see if they can whistle on key?

LOL ; > }

Edited by bipedalist

One area close by here in Coos Bay, Oregon, is where I was leaving food and hanging apples. One evening while leaving, a really strange bird call came out of the small forested canyon. I wandered back and heard a whistle so I answered and after a long minute a return whilstle came from farther up the Myrtle Wood forest draw. This was repeated 3 or 4 times. I called for my wife, and she heard it and said it has to be a kid up there. There were no homes for miles. The whilstle became fainter each time as if it wanted me to follow it or if it was saying good bye. The area is now locked off with a gate since an abandoned home sold.

I posted this in a wood knock thread but I think it really blongs here, I still don't know what to think and it's the only time I've heard anything while whistling

Today while out walking I stared making bird calls after the third try a got a fairly loud thump that really didn't sound like a knock but more like hollow thud(chest hit?) I froze in my tracks and stood still for about 15mins the hair on my neck was up and I was getting a tingling down my spine. I didn't hear any other sound prior to or after the thump and was feeling uneasy so I quit whistling and walked home.

Could've been a foot stomp. I've heard plenty.

• 1 month later...
BFF Patron

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Silbo_gomero

A language of whistles including phonemes (two vowels and four consonants)? Wonder how BF could adapt a similar system? Scroll into the 3 minute mark for examples.

Edited by bipedalist

That was a very interesting program, bipedal, thanks.

Itakes me forever to get a good whistle down the river. Sometimes I whistle until I get lightheaded, lol.

Guest BastetsCat

I have noticed that with Clicks and chirps, soft subtle noises that they make they seem to have a rhythm that each individual repeats. I one will be click click clack. Another will be chirp chirp chirp. The next one will be chirpity chirp chirp...Ect. Directional realization that I was surrounded more than once.

In the really quiet night I would test this and pick my own noise. could be snapping fingers or just tapping my finger on unlit cigerette. The sounds would repeat in a sort of order. It certainly was not random. Not uncommon for me to stand outside in the middle of the night and smoke a few years ago.

I have a whistle that I do every time I enter and every time I leave my research location, I had been doing this for years with little whistle responses but I thought these could be birds but the first time we did an over night at the local we had an EXACT mimic of MY whistle com from the hill across the cedar vein. The BEST part is I have it all on audio !!! Now this whistle event alone does not prove that it was a sasquatch but the other events from that night { witch where also recorded } suggest it may have been. If someone here can tell me if it is alright to post the audio on this thread { I ask because it is already on the Pics/Video and Audio thread } I will post it.

BFF Patron

I say post it up NF as long as it's not a proprietary kind of whistle you don't want re-used by others locally for purposes of research security.

Once it's out there it will get used by others. I've already learned that lesson but I have shared with others full well knowing that would happen.

Certain kinds of whistles have been associated with this primate across central NC to the mtns of NC so you might find that others share with you in your research in that way. If you don't share it, it is hard for others to validate they've heard some of the same stuff. I always go into though as if a poacher/hoaxer is gonna use what I know against me or what it is I'm trying to research. I feel safer sometimes that way.

Your call. They are gonna imitate most anything you can think up eventually.... and they are pretty good with improv too, lol.