Missing 411

For 411 books, I have only read the Western US edition, because I live in the west.

I thougth the stories were interesting because I have been to many of those National Parks and always am interested in the conditions/situations upon which people go missing..

Nonetheless, I doubt any BF connection.

I also bought and read the Tribal Bigfoot and the Hoopa Project books.

If you are looking for a 411 book, I would suggest a book that covers areas close to you, because you can visit the area and judge for yourself the environment.

If you are looking for BF books, I thought the Hoopa Project book was an eye opener because none of those BF cases were in the BFRO database (or others databases) and it gave the impression that for the Hoopa tribe it was common knowledge that BF lived in the forests nearby.

Nonetheless, the Hoopa Project and Tribal Bigfoot books are all about BF sightings in Northern CA and not about missing people.

I have read the western and eastern edition and keep forgetting to order the latest in the series. If you only can get one, I would recommend the western edition, although both are very interesting. You wil find mistakes within each book ( IMO, these are probably from lack of investigation) and I wish he would have out more time in each edition before publishing them.

As far as price goes, I ordered directly from his website and received them promptly and the price was very reasonable.

UPs

Yeah, get the "411" books from the NABS site.   I got Tribal Bigfoot and The Hoopa Project from Amazon.   Just wait for the next printing or poke around your local used book stores.

I would start with the "Western" edition, however, I think you need all 4 to really get the full impact.

I don't think very many of these are bigfoot, I think I've said 1% or 5% or something like that in the past.   The facts of most of the cases point away from bigfoot.   The people who are grasping at the bigfoot straw have low reading comprehension and predetermined agendas to support.

There are some, though, which point to BF and about half of those point towards predation, the other half point clearly away from it.

MIB

• Upvote 1

I don't think very many of these are bigfoot, I think I've said 1% or 5% or something like that in the past.   The facts of most of the cases point away from bigfoot.   The people who are grasping at the bigfoot straw have low reading comprehension and predetermined agendas to support.

+1

I'm glad someone else gets this.

I've read both 411 E & W along with Tribal BF.  As others have stated, my guess would be BF may be the culprit in a few of the exceptional cases but certainly not most. Interesting stories nonetheless. Two of the missing that I looked into online were apparently not investigated thoroughly. One man was found with a bullet in his head (DOI cover-up some may say) The other, a woman out for a short hike, whose case, I found some interesting info about online from a Tom Brown tracking website. IIRC, she apparently walked in circles, then uphill where it would be extremely difficult to get to, here she was found dead.

A skilled graduate of the TB school of tracking sent the active SAR group the location on a map of where she would be, based on what people do when panicked and lost. After SAR didn't follow up, said graduate went in and found her an 1/8th of a mile from this deduced spot. I found that interesting. Whish I could link the page but that was a computer ago, lost my bookmarks.

The other point is the time frame of these 411 missing, it spanned at least 140 years. Say 5% were BF related, chances are you'd win the lottery, then get struck by lightning the same day while watching a full eclipse of a blue moon before being the victim of BF predation. But as the SSQ Chronicles guys will have us believe--- they are dangerous killers...

Edited by Kiwakwe

Try used book stores. Out here in Portland, Oregon, is a monstrous used book store called Powell's. They do have a website so check them out if you wish, pricing will be much more realistic.

Which one would you recommend? And why are they so dang expensive on Amazon?

Because some people are willing to pay that much money. Some entrepreneur bought the books from David, and sells them at Amazon for 2 or 3 times the amount of money they paid for them. I also was shocked at the prices, contacted David, and he told me how and where to buy my copies, and now I do own several of his books which were reasonably priced.

I have the Hoopa book, paid the cover price, so why is it so highly priced now?

For 411 books, I have only read the Western US edition, because I live in the west.

I thougth the stories were interesting because I have been to many of those National Parks and always am interested in the conditions/situations upon which people go missing..

Nonetheless, I doubt any BF connection.

I also bought and read the Tribal Bigfoot and the Hoopa Project books.

If you are looking for a 411 book, I would suggest a book that covers areas close to you, because you can visit the area and judge for yourself the environment.

If you are looking for BF books, I thought the Hoopa Project book was an eye opener because none of those BF cases were in the BFRO database (or others databases) and it gave the impression that for the Hoopa tribe it was common knowledge that BF lived in the forests nearby.

Nonetheless, the Hoopa Project and Tribal Bigfoot books are all about BF sightings in Northern CA and not about missing people.

Explorer, What do you think is causing some of these disappearances besides BF or human interactions?

Explorer, What do you think is causing some of these disappearances besides BF or human interactions?

Some people fall into waterfalls or rivers and are never found (this has happened in Yosemite, but with eyewitnesses to the fall).

Some people fall into rock crevases and are never found (there are some interesting stories on the Spot website about single hikers who were rescued after being trapped in a rock wall/crack, because they had a spot device). Otherwise, they would not have been found.

Some people (specially little kids) could easily be picked up by mountain lions.

There were some cases (Wyoming or Montana, can't recall) that later on the bodies were found and it was determined they were eaten by a Grizzly (bodies found after book was published).

Two years ago, I went backpacking in Arizona into the Secret Canyon/David Miller/Bear Sign Trails (close to Sedona) to backtrack the hike that David Miller took and dissapeared 15 years earlier.

They never found this body.  I think he fell into a rock crack and it was difficult to find him in this red canyon maze.  No need to invoke BF if a body is not found or if someone dissapears into thin air.

Thus, I don't think we need to invoke BF for many (if not all) of the 411 cases.

I am not 100% certain, because I have not investigated all the cases in depth, but from a probability point of view, I doubt BF contributes much to these dissapearances.

Once again, I feel the need to point out that not all of the cases Mr. Paulides relates end with the missing person either found dead or not found at all. Some of the strangest cases involve people who are found alive and (relatively) unharmed. That is not the work of mountain lions, grizzlies, or serial killers. I wish people who are quick to dismiss the 411 phenomenon would acknowledge this fact instead of constantly attacking only the "found dead, or never found" strawman.

Hmm ordered my book the 18th. Still not here. I never got an emailed confirmation, but did get a confirmed order on the website when I placed it. This is a reputable group? Please tell me they are?

All mine were ordered on the NABS website. If I am remembering correctly, they did take longer than I expected to arrive, and were shipped via the USPS. Never had any problems other than the long delivery time.