Oddness...

VAfooter

Glad my friend Slicktrick could provide part of the puzzle. Here's my feeble attempt at the rest of the story....

George Harrison did "Wah-Wah" on his seminal All Things Must Pass album Great music, and probably appreciated by our hominid brethren, this video is from Concert For Bangladesh.

Edit: Oh, I mean this posting in a respectful manner, and hope it only adds to the thread. It's some personal favorite music.

Edit again: It's George Harrison in Madison Square. He's resplendent in his white clothing. It's an absolutely killer performance. He nails it. I think it's 1970. Enjoy.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest bsruther

I live in the Ohio river valley so, yes the forested area continues. There's a house lined road that separates our woods from the next woods. It's basically a green belt that continues on to West Virginia afaik. We've had many strange occurances, including a well defined print. I'm a die hard realist and skeptical in nature of anything that I don't see laid out in front of me, but that doesn't stop me from investigating because, I want to know. It bugs the crap out of me when something happens and I can't find an explanation for it.

This thread's about VAfooter's experiences and I don't want to hijack it, but I can PM pics of the prints I found if you want. They were all pretty much the same size, human size, but a person would have to be crazy or have feet made of leather to walk in these woods.

Glad my friend Slicktrick could provide part of the puzzle. Here's my feeble attempt at the rest of the story.... George Harrison did "Wah-Wah" on his seminal All Things Must Pass album Great music, and probably appreciated by our hominid brethren, this video is from Concert For Bangladesh.

Edit: Oh, I mean this posting in a respectful manner, and hope it only adds to the thread. It's some personal favorite music. Edit again: It's George Harrison in Madison Square. He's resplendent in his white clothing. It's an absolutely killer performance. He nails it. I think it's 1970. Enjoy.

I'm thinkin' maybe I need to get me one of them stratocasters, all the classic players that I like seem to play one. Funny thing is, George just seems to be playing chords and that guy behind him is layin' down the wahwah enhanced licks.

Please excuse my ramblings, I've been sitting in the back yard with the wife sipping rye and she's passed out on the couch, poor thing.

Admin

OK, finally got to listen the sounds and although it was kid generated, the distressed rabbit sounded close. However what I heard, was very unemotional, almost bored, totally not frantic...unlike the sound in the video. The "wah" was a match, just without the intensity. Imagine going out in your backyard and in a slightly louder than normal voice, saying wah, wah, wah....wah without any emotion or passion and that would just about nail it.

Guest Cervelo

Va,

I've done this and it's very enlightening, have someone walk into the woods and make a sound (by voice or artificial means) that you are familar with.

I did this years ago on a very large farm years ago, we had exclusive rights to hunt on 600 acres and knew someone was poaching on the property.

We would hear shots but couldn't tell where they were coming from or how far.

We went to different locations and fired guns while someone else stayed at the farmhouse, it was very helpful indicating which way to go and baffling at the same time.

It was also amazing how distance and terrain distort sounds and I can assue you what most woodknocks are gun shots! At longer distances gun fire sounded just like what people describe as woodknocks, I know that doesn't account for all but it was a very revealing test for an entirely diffrent purpose!

Edited by Cervelo

Besides the cow manure they also use human waste an pig manure this time of year to get the fields ready for spring planting....yippeeeee!

Stink-fest 2012. :lol:

OK, finally got to listen the sounds and although it was kid generated, the distressed rabbit sounded close. However what I heard, was very unemotional, almost bored, totally not frantic...unlike the sound in the video. The "wah" was a match, just without the intensity. Imagine going out in your backyard and in a slightly louder than normal voice, saying wah, wah, wah....wah without any emotion or passion and that would just about nail it.

VAfooter, So it sounded like a kid, in a normal tone of voice? I take it the pitch was high like a childs but not shouted, is that correct? I have a couple audio files I can share, that have elements of a childs voice or an adult using a falsetto tone in parts of it, just trying to draw some lines between the dots here if possible.

Admin

It sounded more like an adult and not a child. My reference to the video was that the generic "wah" sound matched up. It was not a match in the intensity, passion, or pitch/tone of the video. Like I said, it was more as if somebody went out on their back deck and in a somewhat louder than normal voice said "wah, wah, wah...wah", in a slightly bored monotone. The general direction it came from is part of a subdivision adjoining a golf course with some woods. I am not sure why someone would have been wah'ing at 0200-0300 on a cold December morning, but it is possible I suppose. I am not sure if it did come from the subdivision, just that it was in that general direction.

Here is a image of the area. The yellow X was my general location and the red box is the area that it seemed to come from.

post-224-0-90221200-1332704492_thumb.jpg

Edited by VAfooter

Glad my friend Slicktrick could provide part of the puzzle. Here's my feeble attempt at the rest of the story....

George Harrison did "Wah-Wah" on his seminal All Things Must Pass album Great music, and probably appreciated by our hominid brethren, this video is from Concert For Bangladesh.

Edit: Oh, I mean this posting in a respectful manner, and hope it only adds to the thread. It's some personal favorite music.

Edit again: It's George Harrison in Madison Square. He's resplendent in his white clothing. It's an absolutely killer performance. He nails it. I think it's 1970. Enjoy.

see, sometimes two heads are better than one. ;)

inc & i have solved the mystery. harrison & friends do look kind of "squatchy" in the vid with those haircuts & beards.

now if we could just hear a guitar riff in the wee hours too..

i dont mean any disrespect either ,all in good fun.

but SY may have a valid idea there with the waterfowl on the pond. some of those cranes make some freaky ,creaky squawks.

Admin

Vafooter,

Not real good at aerials but that golf course looks a lot like a client of mine Lees Hill?

Yes it is. So if you know the area, the prospect of a BF around here is remote at best until you get far west of Fredericksburg or down into Caroline County.

Could be water fowl, there are plenty of them in the region.

Cats in heat make a wah-esque sound. Even house cats make them occasionally. It's definitely an odd sound. Not saying that's what you heard, but could be on the list of suspects.

I was out in the Pine Barrens of New Jersey about 3 weeks ago. I was camping- woke up about 3:AM to a sound very similar to what is on the Sasquatch research link above- the wah! Wah! sound halfway thru the 6th sound file. It was answered by a similar call that had a lower 'vocal' range.

A few days later a group of us had a fire deeper in the woods at night. While we had the fire going one of my friends heard someone walking around in the woods behind us. I can assure you there were no humans back there- its too remote and certainly not at night and off of any trail or road! As we were leaving I heard a 'Whoop' sound, coming from close by back behind us in the woods, but it was not yelled- called kind of softly.

There is a part of the woods very nearby that has a reputation for being creepy. I am wondering now if there is an explanation for that....

I'm thinking, that the explanation is probably.. that sasquatch inhabits the Pine Barrens, and that you and your friends were lucky enough to hear it, while you were camping.

Edited by imonacan