Minnesota / Ontario Trackway + 3 Mile Snow Trail Video Clips(Mulder)

Guest BFSleuth

I was going to say- my understanding of it being a step up, was actually trusting in the videographers assessment, who stated it as such, and as BFS mentions that he states that he was following them (tracks) in the direction that they were travelling in.

antfoot, I think the observations from the videographers noted that the tracks had about 1" of new snow on top of them. Based on the weather that would have made the tracks about one day old when they were found.

If he is correct in his interpretation of the site. Tough to judge from my computer screen of course.

Guest BFSleuth

One thing that really convinces me of the reality of this particular trackway, other than the inhuman size, distance of stride, lack of foot drag, etc. is that to get to this area required a LOT of time and effort. As the videographers noted this area is rarely if ever visited by any human, and is most accessible in the middle of winter when the ground is frozen and covered in snow.

To entertain the idea this is a hoax would require the hoaxer to put an enormous amount of effort to put a trackway through some of the most difficult terrain imaginable, wearing stompers that can also wrap around and grab logs with a flexible foot, walk across snow covered logs (I've done that and it isn't easy),... all out in the middle of nowhere just hoping somebody will come along to admire their work?

To think of someone doing all that for less than 1% chance their work would be found? That dog don't hunt.

On a side note... I would encourage anyone who would undertake a similar winter expedition to add a set of snowshoes and collapsable ski poles to their gear. That poor guy was post holing through terrain that would have been much easier with snowshoes and ski poles.

I agree Sleuth, would be a lot of work, in the hopes that not only would it be discovered,but that the person who discovered it would even recognize the significance of the find.

Guest BFSleuth

Yes. That is why I think trackways are an important piece of evidence, especially in remote areas.

I've noted in other threads that folks should look into taking one of these new cutting edge cameras in the field:

http://www.lytro.com/

Click through the gallery and I'm sure squatchers will immediately see the benefits. These would be excellent for take still photos of tracks, since you can click on any location in the photo to bring it into focus, and since you are photographing depth into a track it will be possible for viewers to see details that may have been out of focus. This camera with a strong light source for side lighting would help document tracks when you can't take a cast. The camera will also be able to take still photos in dense tree cover and allow you to bring into focus the blobsquatches we all hate.

Ronnie Bass

This trackway reminds me of one of my favorite BFRO reports:

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=6486

For one thing this report is the most northerly report in the BFRO database, above the Arctic Circle. For another, it is a team of special forces that make observations from a tactical point of view. Note the similarity of the observations in this report and the analysis of FB/FB with the Minnesota trackway. Both indicate route planning to take advantage of cover on familiar ground.

Given that the trackways are so far from human activity this level of stealth would lead me to start thinking their strategic movements may have more to do with nonhuman danger, like other BF?

Wow, thanks for the link, that was a very compelling report, anytime something spooks a team of Special Forces, it's something to take seriously.

Edited by Ronnie Bass
Guest BFSleuth

Yeah, Ronnie... I do pay more attention when Special Forces or other military have a sighting during training, and from what I hear they've also been seeing hairy hominids in Afghanistan on night vision. Not all sighting reports have been equally vetted and I do place more weight to reports from police, military, park rangers, or other professionals that have something to lose by coming forward.

That sighting up above the Arctic Circle was in March. I can tell you it is pretty cold up there at that time. I know I wouldn't be having much fun running around butt naked.

VERY cool find! Would be very exciting to go back to the area during a warmer time and camp out there for couple days and look around. Glad they took the time to go out that far and go through all that work videoing it all for us to see. This kind of stuff gets you all excited to get out in the woods and search!

Edited by SAILGIRL
Guest BFSleuth

sailgirl, I think the primary reason this research team went in the middle of winter is because the area becomes a huge swampy bog in the middle of summer, many square miles of it. Travel in the middle of summer would be extremely challenging for a human, not to mention clouds of mosquitos. Travel in the winter is much easier with the ground frozen and solid. My choice in this terrain would be cross country skis with snowshoes strapped to my pack, or vice versa depending on how technical the terrain becomes. Snowmobiles required them to cut through fallen logs to cross some areas into the area they found the trackway.

With that kind of difficulty getting there in the summer this becomes an ideal area for BF to remain hidden from human contact. They can negotiate the swampy terrain much easier than we can.

Edited by BFSleuth

I'd like to hear some of the skeptics wade in on this one,is it a hoax? Misidentified? What about some of the characteristics they are describing such as the "wrap" around the branch thing? Even the toe drag seen in the snow is interesting. To me, this seems like some very interesting evidence, some very strong evidence. How does this happen? If not Bigfoot, what made these prints? What is involved if its a hoax?

Guest Cervelo

It's most likley some animal hopping.

The log crossing is a perfect example it hopped onto the log, under the foliage, took a look around and continued on.

A larger animal would have damaged the surrounding foliage.

It paralleled the down falls until it couldn't find a way around and then hopped on top again and over.

I as a bipedal animal would never consider stepping on top of a log in the snow, I'm assuming Bigfoot might be smarter than me and has a little more experience walking in the snow!

Another case of someone seeing what they want to see as opposed to what is it most likley!

• gigantor unlocked this topic