Minnesota / Ontario Trackway + 3 Mile Snow Trail Video Clips(Mulder)

Guest BFSleuth

I thought about that, would you happen to know if a jack rabbit, when leaping in deep snow,tucks both back legs to the same side to clear the snow? That could explain the drag mark in the snow, with the little jig to it. What do you think?

Guest Cervelo

What I found weird about the tracks was how little dragging I saw, in snow that deep you would expect dragging on every step regardless of what it was.

Indicating to me something jumping even more.

Three miles though, a jumper of any sort would stop and forage,or at least do something to break up the track way, and indicate something smaller jumping. Unless those details where ignored by the observers. Three miles is a long way for a hopper to go without showing signs like that, obvious signs.

Guest BFSleuth

Yeah, I've thought about that, too Cervelo. There was a slight drag mark they noted in the video that was very interesting, the one where it seems the foot dragged outward, then back inward toward the next step. A similar motion to the animation of the compliant gate we saw in that Meldrum analysis of the PGF.

The other thing I noticed from their video is that many of the steps had the toes moving forward under the snow. This would indicate foot entered the snow with the toes going in first and slightly sliding forward under the snow. If you look at the way Patty lifts her feet (compliant gait) it is possible the individual is able to pull almost straight up. This kind of gait would be handy in swampy or snow conditions.

Guest Cervelo

My other issue is the tracks don't appear that fresh so some detail has been lost.

The effort required would be even greater for a biped in those conditions making it stranger that biggie didn't get messy or tired.

Rabbit being pursued from the air there's your motivation and he's finally scooped up for dinner, walla tracks disappear, that magical Bigfoot vanishing act or something more common?

I don't agree the effort would be harder for a bi-ped. A tall, bi-pedal conditioned for living in the area, would only be walking,three miles would not be much for it. The snow is only really deep when your short.

Guest Cervelo

Cervelo, are you suggesting the 3 mile trackway was made by a rabbit?

Yes, rabbit, squirrel, wolverine, badger, ect

How did they measure it?

How about an "unknown"? I personally don't know, its just yet another, anomalous track way. Not spectacular in its self,except we see repeated examples of this sort of thing, and the consistency of the reports suggest the same species is making tracks in multiple places. I think the combined evidence of these reports warrants a solid hmmmm.

Guest Cervelo

Well that we are in agreement on!

Just seeing if we were going to eliminate a bunch of know animal and leap frog to biggie.

As you can see I go with what is it most likley is!

We know there are rabbits and we know they hop and they are very good at hopping so they can do it for a long time!

So my vote is rabbit!

Now show me something like this which is pretty clear as opposed to what we have to look at in this case and I might be persuaded, what these guys think they found is what I was hoping for when I took these pictures.

b28479b9.jpg

Or this

2ddbdb24.jpg

Guest Cervelo

They don't I was just suggesting something a little more clear would be helpful.

The first one is obviously a one legged bear

The second is a flock of baby dinosaurs

• gigantor unlocked this topic