Minnesota / Ontario Trackway + 3 Mile Snow Trail Video Clips(Mulder)

Guest BFSleuth

First off I want to give the guys that found this trackway a thumbs up for the hard work in finding, following, and documenting the trackway. I know it's hard work and many of us here appreciate it. For the skeptics, I kind of feel sorry for them as this type of documented evidence is very difficult to just ignore and it has to short circuit some brain cells. Personally, I can see no way to hoax this, but am always open to someone who can prove it can be done. For those unfamiliar with snow trackways, this is not from a rabbit, rodent, or any animal that I am familiar with.

When I hike back to my cabin in the winter, I usually have to go about 3 miles and the first 2.5 are usually packed from a dogsled or snowmobile. The last .4 miles is untouched snow and quite deep at times. I do not have access to snowshoes until I get to my cabin and the easiest way to walk in is to stay off the road and walk under the trees as the snow is much less deep. On the roadway, it will be say 3 feet deep and just off the road, only 20 inches or so. The snow does not drift as much once in the heavier forest. The same thing happens in this video in the open marsh area as compared to the wooded area. I would expect an animal trying to use the least amount of energy to stay within the woods and only cut across the open areas when they have to. UPs

I would describe myself as sceptical. I should also say I am not in the slightest bit knowledgeable about tracks. However this report, and the responses to it, seriously move me closer to accepting bigfoot. It's as simple as that.

salubrious

Interestingly this is how my USMC RECON buddy teaches people to walk through the woods quietly..........toes down.

This is also taught at the tracker school. BTW, if a human walks barefoot in the forest, the trackway will be similar although obviously a lot smaller. IOW we tend to place our feet in front of each other **if we are leading each step with our toes**.

The more you know about tracking, the harder it is to figure a way to hoax this one. In fact with what little I know about tracking, this to me is an irrefutable example of BF behavior. I think I mentioned before that it also points to why no body has ever been found.

• 1 year later...
Redbone
BFF Donor

I wanted to bump this thread because there is ongoing discussion about this trackway in another thread. I noticed that none of the video links in the thread worked so here is the ParaBreakdown version of it.

and another from FB/FB

Edited by Redbone
Wheellug

The tracks in the snow are still totally awesome... toe tracks , post hole steps where these two guys have to force their way through the snow.  

Video of them following them showing no other traces that could be misconstrued as someone else making the steps.

An awesome video. 

Edited by Wheellug
Guest thermalman

I would be interested in what a trained, experienced, legitimately unbiased tracker might have to say about the tracks. Here are some the points of interest I noticed in the video.......

TOES

post-18306-0-60166400-1394043089_thumb.p

What are claimed to be toes, look like a shuffling of the forepaws of an animal. Unless of course, BF has 6 toes that wrap around, from the front of his foot over to the side of his foot almost to the heel?

SNOW DRAG

post-18306-0-17937100-1394043112_thumb.j

To the proponents who claim there is NO snow drag. This picture shows such an event happening.

TOES

post-18306-0-50947000-1394043137_thumb.j

Another claim of toes? The animal has apparently lost some of his toes in the trail and is down to two!

An obvious sign of two legs, either the forelegs or hind legs.

SNOW SPACING

post-18306-0-98779400-1394043165_thumb.j

Proponents claim the prints are spaced near the 6 foot mark in stride. Here is a capture of a very real shallow spacing that can be made by any number of wildlife.

HEEL PRINT

post-18306-0-15374300-1394043187_thumb.j

The videographer has to clean away a lot of fresh snow on top of his claim of a heel indentation, which we really never see.

Throughout the video, we see neither freshly broken branches or logs, that should have taken place if such a massive creature were to trod through the bush? This video is either and elaborate hoax or presented by someone who has no idea of what he's looking at, all prompted by the videographer's BF euphoria. At one point, the videographer suggested that the BF might have climbed a tree, as the tracks were lost in the snow, and then ending at the end into oblivion.

Edited by thermalman
Squatchologist

Being from MN it just happens that my wife knows the "unnamed researcher" (or however he describes himself), i can say that its definitely not a hoax but like everything else BF related may be misidentifcation ( i dont think so but always possible) 

salubrious

I would be interested in what a trained, experienced, legitimately unbiased tracker might have to say about the tracks. Here are some the points of interest I noticed in the video.......

TOES

What are claimed to be toes, look like a shuffling of the forepaws of an animal. Unless of course, BF has 6 toes that wrap around, from the front of his foot over to the side of his foot almost to the heel?

SNOW DRAG

To the proponents who claim there is NO snow drag. This picture shows such an event happening.

TOES

Another claim of toes? The animal has apparently lost some of his toes in the trail and is down to two!

An obvious sign of two legs, either the forelegs or hind legs.

SNOW SPACING

Proponents claim the prints are spaced near the 6 foot mark in stride. Here is a capture of a very real shallow spacing that can be made by any number of wildlife.

HEEL PRINT

The videographer has to clean away a lot of fresh snow on top of his claim of a heel indentation, which we really never see.

Throughout the video, we see neither freshly broken branches or logs, that should have taken place if such a massive creature were to trod through the bush? This video is either and elaborate hoax or presented by someone who has no idea of what he's looking at, all prompted by the videographer's BF euphoria. At one point, the videographer suggested that the BF might have climbed a tree, as the tracks were lost in the snow, and then ending at the end into oblivion.

Its pretty evident this is not a hoax. That idea strikes me as ludicrous. Mis-identification is another matter.

Any massive creature worth his salt is not going to break branches and twigs unless done with intention- that is something that is more the purview of humans, who tend to make a lot of noise in the woods. Once you learn to move through brush silently, it becomes second nature to do so.

If this is another creature there is really only one creature it could be, and that creature is indigenous to the region- a moose. Moose tend to walk with direct registration, meaning that the rear foot lands in the same area as the front foot on the same side. So it would appear to have two legs rather than four. With the legs landing in the snow it is conceivable that it could have elongated the tracks. Plus it has a split hoof which could have left toe-like impressions in the snow.

At one point the creature walked along a log, not unlike a human. Moose are rather rare (and unfortunately in distress in Minnesota right now) so I have not seen them walking a whole lot, although I have been within 15 feet of one... At any rate, the log thing is the area that has to be explained.

Things its not: a human, a bear, any kind of rabbit.

A complication: The northern part of the state got a lot more snow in 2012. However, 2012 was also the warmest winter on record in Minnesota.

• Upvote 1

salubrious you make a very good point there. As soon as you see a statement like it would have broken branches or twigs, you know you are dealing with someone who really has not been in the woods much at all. They do not "crash" their way through anything, until a bullet hits them....lol

Cotter

double plusses

I think that therm brought up some good points, but the log issue is interesting..............

Regarding moose tracks in deep snow:

8927TwoMooseTracksP.jpgIMG_0240.JPG

yTdcy.AuSt.7.jpg

• Upvote 1
Guest thermalman

^^What proof do you have the animal was "crashing" through the bush you guys are claiming? The tracks through the bush indicate the animal was lazily wandering about. "IF" it was a BF, the sheer weight and bulk alone would snap the twigs shown (unbroken) in the tracks, break the limbs of the underbrush in the narrowing of the trail, snap the rotten logs it stood on, etc. No evidence of that is very compelling to the size and weight of the track maker.

SAL: "Things its not: a human, a bear, any kind of rabbit."

I'll give you the rabbit as a non contributor.  Hoaxing, albeit farfetched, is not beyond ludicrous. There are other track ways that have been proven to be hoaxed. That's more evidence than what's been proven for a proof positive BF snow trackway?

Without totally ruling out humans or bear, I'm inclined to think it might have been a cougar/mountain lion, bobcat, lynx, fox, etc. Something that would have to bound/leap through the deeper snow and use the logs as buoyancy above the snow in the bush.

Edited by thermalman
Guest thermalman

I'll point you to the search button above SF. There are threads here on the forum of trackways that were hoaxed. The name Elbe comes to mind.

Edited by thermalman

"Throughout the video, we see neither freshly broken branches or logs, that should have taken place if such a massive creature were to trod through the bush?"

It was not us who suggested it would be crashing through the bush causing damage Thermal.....that is your quote,

• gigantor unlocked this topic