Minnesota / Ontario Trackway + 3 Mile Snow Trail Video Clips(Mulder)

Guest BFSleuth

Sunflower

Could you post a linky to the trackways that have been proven as hoaxes?

Oh yeah thanks, already read about that one.

Guest thermalman

"Throughout the video, we see neither freshly broken branches or logs, that should have taken place if such a massive creature were to trod through the bush?"

It was not us who suggested it would be crashing through the bush causing damage Thermal.....that is your quote,

That is the correct statement of mine. Last time I checked, trod and crash (your word) had two different meanings......

trod [trod] verb a simple past tense and past participle of tread.

Related forms-well-trod, adjective tread [tred] verb (used without object), trod, trod·den or trod, tread·ing.

1. to set down the foot or feet in walking; step; walk.

2. to step, walk, or trample so as to press, crush, or injure something (usually followed by on or upon ): to tread on a person's foot.

verb (used with object), trod, trod·den or trod, tread·ing.

3. to step or walk on, about, in, or along.

4. to trample or crush underfoot.

5. to form by the action of walking or trampling: to tread a path.

Edited by thermalman
salubrious

One thing that can be seen from the trackway itself is that the creature was in no hurry. So it would have had plenty of time to test the solidarity of the terrain under each footprint. So no broken branches, logs, etc. Revealing your position when conditions are harsh seems unwise (game might be scarce); it is reasonable to assume that a certain amount of stealth was employed.

IOW no broken branches, logs, etc. would be expected- its normal.

Hoaxing, albeit farfetched, is not beyond ludicrous. There are other track ways that have been proven to be hoaxed. That's more evidence than what's been proven for a proof positive BF snow trackway?

If I read this right, the first sentence appears to say that hoaxing is ludicrous. But the succeeding statements above contradict the first sentence, so I am assuming that you are suggesting that a hoax is possible.

Thermalman, during the course of this discussion, one thing that seems to come up over and over is that you don't live in an area that sees really harsh temperatures and snow in the winter, and I suspect that there are not a lot of snowmobiles in your area. Here in Minnesota, a lot of people have them. Its not unusual to go 50 miles out and back on a sled, covering ground that might be impossible any other time of year, as in this case. However the extreme northern part of the state is sparsely populated so while snowmobiles are popular here relative to other states, in northern Minnesota on the border they are few and far between.

Here is why the hoax idea actually really is ludicrous: this area is normally very difficult to get to. In winter, it was accessible (bogs are frozen over) only by snowmobile (not by car and not by walking; these guys were a long ways out), but it is really so far out that, while maybe not the middle of nowhere, you can certainly see it from there :)  The idea that someone went to such a remote spot (incidentally, leaving no tracks other than the trackway in doing so), with the intention of hoaxing some guys on snowmobiles on the off chance that they might show up? Ludicrous seems a very adequate description. We can (and with good margin) safely rule that out.

• Thanks 1
Guest thermalman

SAL: "Thermalman, during the course of this discussion, one thing that seems to come up over and over is that you don't live in an area that sees really harsh temperatures and snow in the winter, and I suspect that there are not a lot of snowmobiles in your area. Here in Minnesota, a lot of people have them. Its not unusual to go 50 miles out and back on a sled, covering ground that might be impossible any other time of year, as in this case. However the extreme northern part of the state is sparsely populated so while snowmobiles are popular here relative to other states, in northern Minnesota on the border they are few and far between."

LOL, Nothing further from the truth. May, I suggest you do your homework before posting more false and misguided information about me? Please stick to the facts, as I don't appreciate being labeled?

Edited by thermalman
salubrious

Hence the use of the word 'seems'. Without it you might have a case. I was careful to include the word as I really don't know your circumstances. It was the seeming-ness that I was commenting on.  

I take it my point is made about the hoaxing then, we don't have to discuss that any further?

See-Te-Cah NC

This topic is now open for the use of the membership. Please post according to our rules and guidelines.

Incorrigible1
BFF Donor

I'd like to thank you all for ignoring my post, where I say I know 100% it's not a hoax

Okaaaaay. You know this from a friend of a friend, or some connection. Pardon me if I take your absolute avocation with a hefty grain 'o salt. I don't know you, not sure why you would expect me to accept your word without a doubt. No offense, but still.

• 1 month later...

Cool vid. The only section of trackway that appeared to be unusual to me was in the open area, the step over the deep snow. Not too sure what could have left that trail, it didn't look like a moose trail to me. The trackway through the bush looked man made. Neat to see, but I always default on the skeptic side of things when the presenter is 100% convinced it was BF. Objectivity gets thrown out the window and "evidence" is shaped by the minds eye, things get missed and misinterpreted.

• gigantor unlocked this topic
  • 1 year later...

I stumbled on to this thread today, found it interesting, and looked into it a little. Zombie thread I know, hope it's ok to comment. Minneapolis boy here.

What I find interesting is, this location is characterized as being near impossible to get to, winter-access only, and so forth. Didn't the guy in the video say "Maybe NO ONE has EVER been here"?

Yet from the location posted, once I found it on a satelite view, there are clear docks and what look like cabins less than a mile NNE.

I know I've walked a good 5 mile compass course thru mud and knee to waist-deep water in northern MN pine swamps back in the 1980's (see "Kip's Armor"). It wasn't that hard. And being as close to a major lake shore as the location is, year-round access is mostly a matter of driving a boat or snowmobile until you're there.

So, I have no knowledge as to whether this Minnesota Trackway was valid, hoax, magic bunny, or whatever... but I DO know that the guy in the video ain't as isolated as he says he is.

Edited by miker
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2