A New Look At The Story Of Bob H

kitakaze
But since Bob H can't even keep his story straight about whether or not he slept in Eureka, I frankly put zero trust in his statement that not only was he the guy in the suit, he was the guy who was entrusted to mail the film, and he was the guy entrusted to bring suit back.

So, in every recorded and transcribed instance of Bob Heironimus speaking, he says he stayed the night in Eureka, just as he told me personally and then drove straight through to Yakima leaving in the morning from Eureka. The only instance you have of him mailing the film in the afternoon and then attempting a two state that would have him driving all night is the secondhand sharing if what was said by him by a reporter for Marlene's Upper Valley Press.

Excellent. In light of the failure to actually address the impossible timeline in any way, this is the sort of up the street/down the street straw-grabbing pointification we can expect. The hilarious thing is that in the MoB interviews going back to 2001 Heironimus always states that he stayed the night in Eureka. In the 2007 interview with Biscardi he again says so in his own words. The 2006 reference is not BH's own words and yet Knights is so arrogant that he implies that Heironimus saw what Knights wrote on the BFF and corrected himself a year later, ignoring that in every instance of his own words being recorded, Heironimus says he stayed the night in Eureka.

Dismantling Knights' arguments is far too easy.

Guest Fister Crunchman

This timeline stuff is a real enigma.

What relevant events can be pinned very securely to a specific date (or time-frame, period, even)?

For example, is it indisputable that the film was shown at Deatleys on the Sunday just after Octobet 20? ( if yes, what's the proof?)

Do we have date, venue, etc securely known for the first few subsequent showings (public showings?)

Am I right in thinking few or non of the significant events can be pinned securely to a date or time? (such as P&G's departure date from Yakima?)

Fister

Edited by Fister Crunchman
So, in every recorded and transcribed instance of Bob Heironimus speaking, he says he stayed the night in Eureka, just as he told me personally and then drove straight through to Yakima leaving in the morning from Eureka.

No, that is not true. First Greg Long states Bob H told him, he stayed over night. Then Bob H says he drove home the same night (2006), followed by his friend Jim Pearson (2007 Newspaper intervew), then Bob H walks it back to the "stayed overnight" in a 2007 interview with Tom Biscardi.

whatbobhsaysaboutstayin.th.jpg

Melissa, he could have done anything, since all we have are his inconsistent statements.

He could have requested some form of priority mail and even in those days the USPS used aircraft for faster delivery between cities and states - no FedEx back in the day. There would also have been what is called counter-to-counter shipping via the scheduled airlines, one-way air freight by Part 135 service, and of course simple charter.

But since Bob H can't even keep his story straight about whether or not he slept in Eureka, I frankly put zero trust in his statement that not only was he the guy in the suit, he was the guy who was entrusted to mail the film, and he was the guy entrusted to bring suit back.

None of that makes sense if the PGF were a deliberate hoax unless Bob H had a much longer and far more involved role in the PGF than even his most fanciful flight of imagination has produced to-date.

It does however make sense if it is only Bob H inserting himself into events he had nothing to do with.

Oh, I agree, don't get me wrong. What I am getting at is this. Bob H was asked specifically about this situation, and he knows his credibility is on the line with his answers. Yet, his comments in this regard are very vague. I can't imagine sending a package via air-mail would be as easy (or common) back in 1967 - wouldn't most of us remember the process by which we did something - that we didn't normally do? Bob H's comments in this regard are almost too vague.

No, that is not true. First Greg Long states Bob H told him, he stayed over night. Then Bob H says he drove home the same night (2006), followed by his friend Jim Pearson (2007 Newspaper intervew), then Bob H walks it back to the "stayed overnight" in a 2007 interview with Tom Biscardi.

How do you then have anyway of knowing which version is true? You don't.

That's my point. It's Bob H's story, and his to sell. But, everyone who speaks on this tells a different story, to include Bob H himself. But, for Kitakaze to say Bob H has never told any story other than spending the night in Eureka, is wrong, because it is absolutely not true.

indiefoot

The impossible drive and impossible flight are but parts of the impossible timeline. Looming over them is the impossibility of being able to develop the 16mm film on Saturday Oct. 21 and ready for viewing in Yakima on Sunday Oct. 22. Totally impossible. It's the Achilles heel of the PGF and proponents have been unable to ever deal with it.

If I were trying to get a parcel from Eureka to Yakima I would try to send it as counter-to-counter parcel with the air courier service that carried the checks to the Federal Reserve. They would have carried checks to the Fed to be sorted on regular flights. They also would have carried documents and parcel freight.

http://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/fedpoint/fed03.html

The Continental Trailway and Greyhound bus services also carried parcel freight, as did the scheduled train service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-to-counter_package

If I wanted 16mm film processed in a hurry and was a bigshot named Al, there were at the time 3 commercial television stations in Yakima who would have shot and processed their own film every day of the week.

BTW, the sight seeing charters being grounded doesn't mean that commercial routes weren't being flown.

SweatyYeti

Physical measurements.

Thanks for posting that information, Melissa! :)

What I find interesting is that the 'XZone Radio statement of Bob's is directly above the 'reporter's statement....yet, kitakze failed to mention it....and thereby misrepresented the truth.

I tried to post a crop from your image, to show that....but my Photobucket page isn't in the mood for uploading images, at the moment.

Edited by SweatyYeti
kitakaze

Nope. Sorry. The 2006 interview simply has Heironimus saying he mailed the film and took off for home. It never specifies that he drove straight home or stopped on the way. We can easily surmise that he must have, because otherwise he would have had to drive all night when there is nor praticular reason to.

Then you have not BH's words, but those accrorded to him by a Jim Pearson. It seems clear Pearson garbled it, especially when you have the same interviewer talking about 8mm film. Some interviewers are not the most accurate reporters. Apparently Pearson did a piece called "Coffee with Bigfoot" and didn't have any coffee.

No, both Bob H and his friend Jim speak pretty darn clearly.

nothisiswhatbhsaid.th.jpg

Bob H does not say, "I dropped off the film, and headed for the hotel. He states very clearly

"I took the film to Eureka, mailed the film, and took off for home".

Where does it say anything in that quote about staying overnight anywhere other than home? His friend Jim Pearson states very clearly as well what his friend Bob H told him, why would Jim Pearson get that so incredibly wrong? Geesh, Jim even discusses the type of film... He even elaborates to say Bob drove straight through, parked his moms buick and went to bed.

Nope, Jim's not garbled at all. Sounds like a man who knows what he is saying in this respect.

You are also quoting the reporter as using the words 8mm film - when it is clearly stated Jim is telling the reporter what Bob H told him, as evidenced by the words "reporting what Bob H told him". I do not see the reporter adding words at all.

xspider1

"Home" or "Hotel"... I wonder how many skeptics will say: "That is just one word which is often confused, don't make such a big deal about it!" haha

SweatyYeti

Nope. Sorry.

The 2006 interview simply has Heironimus saying he mailed the film and took off for home.

It never specifies that he drove straight home or stopped on the way.

Nope. Sorry. Bob contradicts himself. His own words...spoken only 3 months apart...

HeironyContradictionNo279.jpg

One day Bob states, specifically, that after mailing the film in Eureka, he "took off for home"....and then he states, specifically...(in direct contradiction) that after mailing the film in Eureka...."he stayed overnight".

What is truly baffling, is how kitakaze can misrepresent this statement...

"I took the film to Eureka, mailed the film, and took off for home"

....thusly..

It never specifies that he drove straight home....

Incredible. :blink:

Edited by SweatyYeti

Source: Bigfoot Film Journal, Chris Murphy, p.37.

Link for those who don't have Bigfoot Film Journal, Chris Murphy, p.37. They can back up a few pages, too.

Do I recall Roger said "air mail", not postal service? I remember laboriously typing out a paragraph or two about the airport almost as soon as I got the book. The déjà vu is getting a little thick around here.