Sign in to follow this  

A New Look At The Story Of Bob H

kitakaze

Notes from my July 19, 2010 interview with Glenda Heironimus...

I spent about an hour and a half on the phone with Glenda Heironimus last night. For the most part I spoke just with her, but at the end Bob joined the conversation. Here are the highlights...

- Glenda came to Yakima from Wyoming in 1969.

- Glenda was a secretary for St. Elizabeth Hospital when she met Bob.

- She met Bob at the Caravan Inn lounge in Wiley City in 1969, a place where people would dance to country music.

- Glenda and Bob married in September 1970. They honeymooned in Victoria, BC, my hometown. (Interesting coincidence: Phil and Amy Morris last visited Victoria around the same time 40 years ago before coming to see me.)

- Glenda first found out about Bob being Bigfoot in 1969 when he brought it up in conversation. She did not believe him at the time. She later saw it on TV and realized that was what he was talking about. She was disinterested and did not care about the film.

- Glenda was at the Saddle Tree in 1970 with Bob when Bob approached Al DeAtley to get paid the $1000 Roger promised Bob. They were with Glenda'a sister, Diane, and her husband, Bob (it's raining Bobs), along with Gary Record and his wife. Glenda said that Bob pointed out Al DeAtley, whom she recognized, and spoke with her about if he should try talking to him. He decided it couldn't hurt to try. Al shut Bob down and told him to take it up with Roger. I asked Glenda if Bob seemed mad about it and she didn't think so.

- Glenda has never personally met either Roger or Patty Patterson.

- Glenda sees Bob Gimlin on occasion, who always says hello to her and is not hostile or cold in any way. Glenda has a cordial relationship with Judy Gimlin and they see each other and idly chat from time to time. Glenda says they have lived together on the same street for 27 years.

- Glenda has never seen Bob with any kind of suit and said he has never since being involved with Roger had any interest in Bigfoot or wearing Bigfoot costumes.

- Glenda has seen Al DeAtley many times but never met him personally or his wife, Iva (Roger's sister).

- Glenda said that when Bob decided to come out in 1999 that they did discuss it as a family and she stood by her husband's decision. She said they feared retaliation from Bigfoot fanatics as well as legal action from PGF principles. She said Bob has been harrassed by some weirdos but never herself personally.

- Glenda reiterated the fact that Bob has not made any money from his claim other than a few minor payments for brief interviews. Glenda was unhappy that she allowed the NatGeo crew into her home, fed them, and showed them around Yakima for two days and they allowed Kal Korff to take off to Czech with Bob's pay.

- Glenda said the PGF film was essentially nothing to her and that it rarely came up in conversation with her husband. She said that Yakima was a very small community and that they carried on with their lives and their families. Glenda characterizes Bob as always having been a loving family man. When I asked what she would say to all those people that would say that Bob, her, Opal, Willa, Howard, Gary, Bernard, John, Diane and Bob, etc have lied to help Bob defraud the PGF principles and make money, she said she didn't care what they think because they are only Bigfoot believers who will never change their beliefs no matter what happens.

Glenda stressed that everyone in town knew that Bob was in the Bigfoot film and it simply isn't a big deal in their community. She brought up the fact that twice Bob had passed a polygraph in defence of himself and I spoke with her about my efforts to get Gimlin to take a polygraph.

- Glenda was very friendly and accommodating. She was level-headed and had little concern for anyone who would call them liars. She said that she knew her family and that they were good people who just tried to live their lives. Glenda said she was looking forward to meeting me and thanked me for the effort I was going to for her husband.

Kitakaze, did you ask for a date when this suit was viewed by Gary Record? How about when this viewing happened at the Idle Hour Tavern?

The only way to start nailing down any of these stories is to start getting better date information. There are many who seem to think Bob H showed this 'suit' prior to the Patterson Film being completed.... That's something I can't ignore.

kitakaze

my friends would back me up also Kit, thats why they are friends.........

And look at that. A handy dismissal. Who needs listen to anything by the people who claimed to see the suit Bob showed them simply by virtue that they were connected to Heironimus?

May I use that with Patterson, Gimlin, Merritt, Ballard, etc? It seems so much easier than actually dealing with the content in any serious manner at all. Record corroborates Heironimus' story? Nefarious colluder!

Unfortunately, DeAtley was no friend of Heironimus and he not only confirms knowing Heironimus through Roger, but also the conversation at teh Saddle Tree in 1970.

my friends would back me up also Kit, thats why they are friends.........

Exactly, and just because Bob H told people about this $1,000.00, does not mean these people witnessed the promise coming from Roger Patterson to Bob H. That's what I am looking for, not more hearsay.

Do you know that Roger negotiated film deals without DeAtley's knowledge?

Did DeAtley pay back Vilma Radford? She had a written contract. No.

Did DeAtley pay back Bob Gimlin for gas on the PGF trip? No.

DeAtley didn't pay back Roger's deals, he would give him 50 bucks here and there, according to his interview in Long's book.

Drew, that is because AL DeAtley NEVER signed or agreed to anything with these people. Bob Gimlin (in the end) had to go to court to secure his rights to proceeds from the film. Which was his right to do so, he did have corroborating evidence which proved he was involved with the film.

If a deal was negotiated without Al DeAtleys knowledge, why would he pay back loans he didnt promise to back??

I really want to keep this on track.

Okay, what do you all think about this comment. It's post 2 of this thread. Also, pay attention to the date of the article which is noted at the end of the full article on Bigfoot Encounters (link is in that post).

kitakaze

Kitakaze, did you ask for a date when this suit was viewed by Gary Record? How about when this viewing happened at the Idle Hour Tavern?

The only way to start nailing down any of these stories is to start getting better date information. There are many who seem to think Bob H showed this 'suit' prior to the Patterson Film being completed.... That's something I can't ignore.

He said it was October 1967. I asked him if he could narrow it down and he could only say that it was about 9 pm and that it was dark out. Note where he corroborates Heironimus' grievance being the promise of $1000 for being in the suit, not lending $1000.

Disgruntled lendor Heironimus conspiracy theory is the Vilma Radford contract forgery conspiracy theory of 2011. Here today, abandoned tomorrow...

No, I am not saying what Roger did in the case of Vilma Radford was acceptable behavior. But, lets recognize the situation for what it really was. Roger did not con Vilma out of anything. In fact, he signed a contract. Con-men do not do that. Con-men do not sign their names, so the victim has something to show the cops or the courts. That just flys in the face of what a con-man is.

At least now you guys are trying to account for the depth of Bob heironimus' connection to Patterson and Gimlin as opposed to the cashgrab stuff.

Edited by masterbarber
Removal of language that could be viewed as insulting

Guest demon

The way I see it bob took voluntarily took two poly's whether or not you believe in polygraph's,people have commented oh serial killers can pass them.well I see bob as a normal honest man not a ted bundy..plus as kit has said bob doesn't charge an awful lot to be interviewed.if he was in it for the money am sure he could ask for a lot more.He seems to me as someone who really has had enough of others (mr gimlin) still making money from conventions.I don't see bob G taking a polygraph,I think if he is making money from claiming it was all real,then he should back it up with a polygraph.

You have to have some bottle to go on tv and claim you were in the suit,and to take two polygraph test that you in all likeliness will fail badly if you are lying.

My opinion as someone who spent years working closely with chimps and orangs.its 100% not a real primate,nothing on there looks real.it all looks like a bad hair suit.

• Upvote 1

kitakaze

Exactly, and just because Bob H told people about this $1,000.00, does not mean these people witnessed the promise coming from Roger Patterson to Bob H. That's what I am looking for, not more hearsay.

You mean the promise that first came from Gimlin, Heironimus' friend, before he met with Roger. That offer from Gimlin was said to happen in August 1967. That was the same month Phil and Amy Morris sold Roger a suit. Sounds like you should get on Gimlin about your disgruntled lendor notion.

Why kitakaze, it is your "people" who discuss the $1,000.00 - no one else. Bob Gimlin does not say he helped to secure this meeting for money, whether it be a loan or not. Its up to you to prove Roger Promised the $1,000.00. I am trying to discover another reason for this dollar amount. It may have been a loan - it may not have been.. I havent said I have proof one way or the other...

Guest fenris

How much of the original post just out of curiosity is a repost from your blog?

kitakaze

It's pretty simple. If Roger received $1000 from Heironimus, it's quite reasonable to expect Patricia and Gimlin knew about it. You only need ask them about it. Heironimus was connected, so they should have at least something to say about what the level of connection was.

You can even discuss Chico with Gimlin! :lol:

kitakaze
No one before this revelation by Kitakaze ever mentions Howard Heronimus having any involvement at all.
I also think the easiest explanation for Howard H not wanting to give an interview to Greg Long, is simply because --Howard was friends with Roger. Howard lived with Roger and Patricia(in Rogers home)for sometime.
Oh, and how do you know Howard H didnt stay with Roger and Patricia? I am simply reporting what I have been told, just like you. Yeah, I have sources too.

50278_38815477924_4114507_n.jpg

It's pretty simple. If Roger received $1000 from Heironimus, it's quite reasonable to expect Patricia and Gimlin knew about it. You only need ask them about it. Heironimus was connected, so they should have at least something to say about what the level of connection was.

You can even discuss Chico with Gimlin! :lol:

I can reasonably expect Roger may have told his wife - but I would have no reason to even assume Roger told Bob Gimlin. Loans are personal, and usually held as private information between the person accepting the money and the person loaning it. But, as I said, I am only speculating as to whether this was a loan or not.

I am also speculating that costume being shown at the Idle Hour Tavern, was a costume created by Bob H - or someone he knew well.

Why should I discuss Chico with Gimlin, he already discusses Chico. What's your point, or is that just more of your well worded insults?

How much of the original post just out of curiosity is a repost from your blog?

All of it, because it was just easier.