Sign in to follow this  

A New Look At The Story Of Bob H

Drew

Actually most of the PGF discussion is hearsay.

Someone reciting their experiences, does not constitute hearsay.

For example, BOBH testifying he was in the suit, is not hearsay.

However, someone saying that BOBH told them, he was in suit, would constitute hearsay.

Guest fenris

Someone reciting their experiences, does not constitute hearsay.

For example, BOBH testifying he was in the suit, is not hearsay.

However, someone saying that BOBH told them, he was in suit, would constitute hearsay.

with respect Drew, None of the posters here are refering from first person, all are referring to whats been said previously so the vast majority covering the subject is conceptually exactly that.

Guest Fister Crunchman

Okay Melissa, here's another one.

Roger promised Bob H a fortune in money to be the man in the suit. Two or three day's easy work.

Bob accepts and does the work.

Roger has no money to pay Bob. Roger knows it. Bob could blow Roger's film right out of the water if he tells about it.He will need paying.

Roger hands over the suit to Bob.Crazy. The suit is cast iron evidence of a fake film for Bob to use if his money doesn't arrive. And Roger does not need to give Bob the suit to take home. He can stick it in Gimlin's truck. He's handed over a hostage to fortune needlessly.

Does this sound like the clever cunning schemer Roger we keep reading about? All Bob need do is stick the suit in his attic and say to Roger on his return, 'Let's swap, you give me $1000 and I'll give you the suit back. Or else'.

When Roger gave Bob the suit, he had no idea whether or not the film would be a goer.And the film was the only thing that could provide the money to pay Bob. So Roger had no idea whether he would ever be able to pay Bob H. And he handed over the suit to Bob for no reason? Suicide.

it just didn't happen.

When Long asked BH to provide a reason why Roger gave him the suit, he could't find one to give.He said, maybe Roger didn't want to get caught with it. See it through Roger's eyes and the tale falls to bits. On the off chance someone would search the truck (who?) Roger hands the suit over to a man who he knows might soon have motive and opportunity to use it to discredit the film.

Small part of the BH story, but another bit that doesn't hold water. Roger would never have given Bob the suit, for the reasons above.

Fister

• Upvote 2

Okay Melissa, here's another one.

Roger promised Bob H a fortune in money to be the man in the suit. Two or three day's easy work.

Bob accepts and does the work.

Roger has no money to pay Bob. Roger knows it. Bob could blow Roger's film right out of the water if he tells about it.He will need paying.

Roger hands over the suit to Bob.Crazy. The suit is cast iron evidence of a fake film for Bob to use if his money doesn't arrive. And Roger does not need to give Bob the suit to take home. He can stick it in Gimlin's truck. He's handed over a hostage to fortune needlessly.

Does this sound like the clever cunning schemer Roger we keep reading about? All Bob need do is stick the suit in his attic and say to Roger on his return, 'Let's swap, you give me $1000 and I'll give you the suit back. Or else'.

No, its almost as if Roger loses his mind momentarily. There was no reason for Bob H to have the suit - he didnt bring it to the film site, what did it matter if the suit stayed around with Roger after. I think there could have been another suit, one Roger was unaware of. Those who have constructed the timeline (long before me) say Bob H had to have shown off this "costume" long before the Filming happened.. I am looking into this though and going to try and verify this myself.

When Roger gave Bob the suit, he had no idea whether or not the film would be a goer.And the film was the only thing that could provide the money to pay Bob. So Roger had no idea whether he would ever be able to pay Bob H. And he handed over the suit to Bob for no reason? Suicide.

it just didn't happen.

When Long asked BH to provide a reason why Roger gave him the suit, he could't find one to give.He said, maybe Roger didn't want to get caught with it. See it through Roger's eyes and the tale falls to bits. On the off chance someone would search the truck (who?) Roger hands the suit over to a man who he knows might soon have motive and opportunity to use it to discredit the film.

Small part of the BH story, but another bit that doesn't hold water. Roger would never have given Bob the suit, for the reasons above.

Fister

Your comments are very reasonable. I am still curious as to why those who viewed this 'suit' in the ridgerunners club, thought they were going to become famous or rich off this suit in Bob H's trunk... I can't reason that at all - unless someone in that club was working with Bob H. Who knows.

Thepattywagon

For me, it's much easier to reconcile and potentially accept much of the testimony from Heironimus and his friends and family, if I draw a line separating the filming of Patty from ANY other Bigfoot related endeavors that were going on around that time.

The only reason folks assumed Bob was Patty is because they were told so, either by him, or by someone he convinced it was true. Nobody SAW him parading around in 'the suit' that has come forward and said so.

In addition, nobody HEARD Bob H's conversation with Al DeAtley at the concert, at least, I don't recall reading of anyone being in earshot of the conversation; only that Bob told them he was going to go over and talk to Al about 'the money', and afterward shared what happened during the conversation with Al.

The suit, the money, all the loans Roger took out, the hoaxings and footprints around town, etc, ALL make more sense if thought of in terms of Roger's possible attempt to hype the Bigfoot subject in order to insure the success of his documentary.

kitakaze

Ahh, then how did those with the ridgerunners think they would make any money off what Bob H had in his trunk?? Dumb luck? And, its clear that is exactly what they thought.

Where is there anything recorded in any interview about what you are speaking of?

Les Johnson mentioned members of of the Ridge Runner jeep club being among the people who were in the parking lot when the suit was shown. He said Bob had a blue Buick, corroborating Heironimus borrowing his morther's brand new '67 Buick. Something like this...

114370121_836062bbfa.jpg?v=0

Merle Warehime was a tavern owner of the Circle Inn Tavern who used to go to the Idle Hour and Town Pump taverns, knew Bob, and said he saw the suit in the trunk of a car just before going jeeping. His details are much less precise and he said he did not pay much attention to the suit at the time.

kitakaze
In addition, nobody HEARD Bob H's conversation with Al DeAtley at the concert, at least, I don't recall reading of anyone being in earshot of the conversation; only that Bob told them he was going to go over and talk to Al about 'the money', and afterward shared what happened during the conversation with Al.

Except that Al DeAtley himself placed himself at the Saddle Tree, confirmed his response to BH in the conversation to take the issue to Roger and that it wasn't his problem, and most importantly that he knew Bob through Roger going so far as to decades later recalling his glass eye.

It's a big, fat deal. Why does DeAtley confirm the conversation and knowing Bob through Roger? DeAtley said he had no involvement with Roger's Bigfoot ventures until after the film was out, yet somehow Roger was able to stay in Bluff Creek for three weeks when he was unemployed and charter a flight for the film to WA. If DeAtley knew Bob through Roger, there should be no way for him to have contact with BH after the film was released and Roger, Al, and Gimlin were out making Bigfoot Enterprises and then barnstorming.

kitakaze

Bumping an important question...

I also think the easiest explanation for Howard H not wanting to give an interview to Greg Long, is simply because --Howard was friends with Roger. Howard lived with Roger and Patricia(in Rogers home)for sometime.
Oh, and how do you know Howard H didnt stay with Roger and Patricia? I am simply reporting what I have been told, just like you. Yeah, I have sources too.

Who said HH lived with Roger and Patty?

No kidding, man. What a revelation. I knew Howard was best friends with Patty's brother Bruce and was roommates with him and Patty before she married Roger. I knew the house that Willis Mondor (Patty's dad) purchased for Roger and Patty to live in the house that belonged to Bob and Howard's grandfather. Howard gave me all of his connections with Roger and Patty, and living with them in Roger's home was not among them.

So where is that coming from?

1) Howard Heironimus told me personally in our interview that he didn't give an interview to Long because Long called him in the morning when he was leaving for work and then didn't call back.

2) If someone claims Howard lived with Roger and Patricia, and not just Patricia and Bruce Mondor as roommates when they were younger, I can immediately confirm or deny it with Howard Heironimus himself.

xspider1

Bigfoot enthusiasts often seem to have a skewed notion of how actually much attention Bigfoot commands in the land beyond Woods & Wildmen on the Internet.

Skewed perhaps but, everybody I've ever asked about the film remembers seeing it before. I.e., they saw it on TV. So, all of those people, for all that time, saw the PGF on TV (or, at least some of them must have) but, nobody ever made it known to anybody that would in turn make it known to the general public that they knew it was a hoax, for nearly 4 decades? hmmmmm

Edited by xspider1

xspider1

2) Patterson doesn't need Heironimus when he has moneybags DeAtley.

You keep saying that but, did DeAtley or did he not say that he would not have given Roger any 'Bigfoot money' prior to seeing the film? Penalty, loss of 10 yards, repeat 4th down.

BobH has said he was to be paid $1000.00 for the work he did. BobH was there, therefore, evidence.

No, BobH claims he was there...therefore: claim.

Not evidence.

Guest fenris

No, BobH claims he was there...therefore: claim.

Not evidence.

none of it is evidence at this point, just more speculation on fifty year old happenings.

southernyahoo
Merle Warehime was a tavern owner of the Circle Inn Tavern who used to go to the Idle Hour and Town Pump taverns, knew Bob, and said he saw the suit in the trunk of a car just before going jeeping. His details are much less precise and he said he did not pay much attention to the suit at the time.

Well then, was it a BF suit, a waded up brown coat, a pressed tuxcedo, or Bobs dirty laundry? Eyewitness testimony is very unreliable.:P

Good point SY.

Certainly is convenient in case there were any pesky questions like what color was it? Or how long was the fur/hair/horsehide/clay? Or were there big feet? Was it staring up at you with a glassy eye?

Seriously, Roger Patterson is claiming he just caught a BF on film, one of your regular customers SHOWS YOU WHAT HE CLAIMS TO BE THE FREAKING SUIT, IN THE TRUNK OF HIS CAR, and you just don't pay that much attention?

I would say you just can't make this stuff up, but I would probably be liar if I did.

The more new/expanded 'detail' is added in support of the hoax theory, the more that story begins stink. Too many more 'revelations' like this and the story will stink more than the BF are alleged to.

kitakaze

You keep saying that but, did DeAtley or did he not say that he would not have given Roger any 'Bigfoot money' prior to seeing the film?

Greg Long: "Just so were really clear; the way Green writes about it is that you were funding Roger's expeditions. Roger would get in his VW van. He had little ponies, and Gimlin would sometimes go with him, and they'd go out on these field expeditions. So you're saying you didn't say to Roger, 'Roger, I'll be a partner with you in this hunt for Bigfoot'?"

Al DeAtley: "No."

GL: "'And if you find Bigfoot - '"

AD: "No way."

GL: "'- or capture something, then we can work together to sell it or market it.'"

AD: No, I did not. I got involved financially after the footage."

MoB, p, 250-251.

Edited by Squatchdetective
Mod Edit - sarcasm removed