Sign in to follow this  

Why Are Sightings So Scary?

Oh cheese oh dear. You don't want to ask Cervalo those kinds of questions, but he will love to answer it.

Back on OT: they're larger, stronger than us. They're possibly as smart as we are on average, and they have a well-documented history of being potentially dangerous.

Fear is not only natural, but an entirely appropriate response to encountering such things in uncontrolled settings.

What tree, first? What are you looking at?

Second, Cervelo, I think you're very brave to go out there (constantly) and tromp around by yourself. I have the utmost respect for you to be out there doing that. Please be careful and go armed for the other critters who are out there. Not everything in the woods is bigfoot! :) (Are you surprised I said that, lol?)

Cervelo

Madison,

In the pic above that's a tree covered in vines that have either died or not lost all the leaves.

Having looked at it in HD it's nothing but that.

But it's a great example of how crappy resolution and a little imagination=Bigfoot!

It's really not that scary out there or any of the places I go mostly alone, the two most dangerous things that I encounter are myself and other people LOL.

But thank you for your comments you are to kind :)

Guest VioletX

What tree, first? What are you looking at?

Second, Cervelo, I think you're very brave to go out there (constantly) and tromp around by yourself. I have the utmost respect for you to be out there doing that. Please be careful and go armed for the other critters who are out there. Not everything in the woods is bigfoot! :) (Are you surprised I said that, lol?)

Uh huh, this is true and without even a dog to protect him. At my location, my dog was growling and barking at something uphill from what almost looked like a den, (not usually bears in my part of the state), and I was not going any further, I was more afraid it was a bear than a BF, lol.

Glad I had the dog to remind me.

But I am sure he has something to protect him ; )

Edited by VioletX

Cervelo

Unfourtunately when I'm in the areas that I most likely will encounter people I don't "carry" since it's illegal in the Sawmp except during the controlled hunting season.

Now when I paddle in and get out of the boat, Glock and bear spray are front and center.... rules be damned!!!

I always open carry in NP and when backcountry, you come across some real weirdos on the trails sometimes!

CMBigfoot

Sightings are not scary, they are exciting.

And Cervelo people call me a weirdo all the time. What are you saying?

Cervelo

What words do you not understand?

Edited by Cervelo

Having run into two meth heads while out a couple weeks ago, I agree, other people are just as dangerous as big wild animals, and maybe more so...

norseman

Madison,

In the pic above that's a tree covered in vines that have either died or not lost all the leaves.

Having looked at it in HD it's nothing but that.

But it's a great example of how crappy resolution and a little imagination=Bigfoot!

It's really not that scary out there or any of the places I go mostly alone, the two most dangerous things that I encounter are myself and other people LOL.

But thank you for your comments you are to kind :)

Agreed, they look like vines to me as well.

And going alone is the best! You don't have to worry about someone elses needs.......

Cervelo

^^^^^

The deeper you go the better once you get just a little ways out from civilization you leave the dangerous people behind and the people I've run into are pretty like minded and cool.

While I've had some stressful times in the woods alone....for the most part it's where I feel true peace and am most at ease.....

Vouygers NP this past Labor day alone on my own little island,

BEBD294D-E988-4326-82E8-18B134772088-83-000000007C69D265.jpg

norseman

I've been 50 miles from the pickup in the Frank Church wilderness with myself, three mules and a red heeler. I agree the deeper you go the better! Lucky to see anyone for two weeks......just solitude.

Cool photo, are you using a canoe to access the island?

Edited by norseman

Cervelo

I'm with ya on that, trip like that would be a dream come true for me!

Here's the rig ready to go....

DCEA822B-1C58-420A-9D8A-AFEB3382C055-3408-000007154987AE2E.jpg

Sign in to follow this