Sign in to follow this  

Why Are Sightings So Scary?

dmaker

I wasn't scared at my sighting....I was stunned, but it was out on the side of the road and I was safe on a well populated tour bus. And it looked like a big muppet. I swear it did.

But IMO a large creature, larger than yourself, that looks a heck of a lot like a human but isn't. That is covered with freakin fur. Wow. Right there, go ahead and pee yourself, you've earned it.

Hey KC, I'm curious. Did everyone else on the well populated tour bus see the animal as well? Something like that would surely make the news I would think. Do you have a link or reference handy to the news coverage if it exists?

I didn't ask. I am a teacher and it was a field trip. What do I say? Hey did you guys see that bigfoot we passed outside of Snelling? MMMMmmmm no. Despite my personal rules about field trips I was overruled and kids were allowed to bring video games and such. Which really chaps my hide. Eyes not on the roadside but on Mario. So NO, the kids didn't see it that I know of. If some did, then what do you say? Boy did they miss out.

One kid did say he saw a weird thing and when I asked him about it he kept saying, "It was a bear, right?" I couldn't say it was a bear and wasn't sure I should say what it was. Bears do NOT stand beside trees, holding onto a tree with hands, watching traffic. Nor are out little black bears that big or bold. No one else I know of.

Edited by Kings Canyon

And it looked like a big muppet. I swear it did.

YOU SAW A GORG???!!!

:wink:

Edited by Kite-Squatch

Guest Travis Bille

Cervelo - Take a close look behind the tree in 6 and 14 second mark.

WRT the original post, there is a little piece of your brain called the amygdala that automatically takes over he body when threatening things like an animal that can kill you in 1 second flat if it desires. What I don't get is that sensation when you are walking in the woods and all of a sudden, and for no appearent reason, you become terrorized. Has this happened it anybody else on this forum?

I was riding a quad on a logging road in an area in Southern Oregon where my best friends dad saw a sasquatch. I turned down a different road and all of the sudden had a feeling of complete dread and terror. I flipped the quad around and got back on the main road, and felt better almost immediately.

I don't know if that actually has anything to do with bigfoot. I've never seen any evidence of it up there

Skookum Chuck

For me, it would depend on when it happened. 100 yards during the day wouldn't bring out the same reaction as feet or inches in the dark.

Thats what happened in my sighting...clear, sunny day, no trees, wide open view within 100 yards through a rifle scope. Was exciting at the time. Because of what I saw that day, there is NO WAY I'd want to confront one in the forest at night. I still camp and hunt and fish anytime I can, but I don't let myself fall into a compromising position when doing so. I have trip-lines, lights, cameras, and guns......in that order.

The unsettling fact of the matter Chuck, is the fact that any time they wanted to, they could take you out. Guns, trip lines, you name it; it wouldn't stop them from getting you.

Schmiml

What makes them so frightening when you have a sighting?

To me, there is a certain expectation when I am out in the woods: there will probably be wild animals, there may be snakes. I may run across less-than-savory humans up to goodness only knows. You expect to run across certain things while out there, but for me, who has only done one little outing to look for any evidence, having a full-on sighting or hearing one of these creatures would be something I wouldn't necessarily expect.

My "sighting" was something crossing a road in two strides in the early morning in ground fog with a car coming the other way. Yeah, my heart-beat sped up and it was quickly on my mind to slam on the brakes, back up and see what the heck it was. The truck going on the other way must have also thought the same thing. But honestly, if I was just out with my husband, on a day trip, the last thing I would honestly expect to see would be Sasquatch. That is probably why seeing the creature up-close and personal--would probably scare the bojingles out of me.

Then again, so would a snake or some hippy--but you never know...

TedSallis

The unsettling fact of the matter Chuck, is the fact that any time they wanted to, they could take you out. Guns, trip lines, you name it; it wouldn't stop them from getting you.

How do you know this, Cryptic Squatch?

Wheellug

How about sightings of apes/chimps in Africa?  Has anyone here had any experience with that and how did they feel?

I'll bet more people than not, who seek out encounters, have put very little thought how actually seeing one would affect them. I think it's too easy to get hung up on the quest to see one, without considering the ramifications of success.

I think most are unprepared for a sighting and it is usually so brief that they question themselves regarding what they saw.

Then there is the realization of what they saw and that sort of sinks in.

They then do not know whether to share it as it would be impossible to do so and answer all of the questions from skeptics.

I'm not so sure sightings are as scary as they are mysterious, but I've never had one.

The most scary part would probably be in relating the experience.

You're gonna get crushed and questioned to death about something you are probably wondering about yourself.

You know what you witnessed but can't stand up to the scrutiny that is surely to come.

So, you keep it to yourself or share it with a few trusted people.

Edited by HRPuffnstuff

Sign in to follow this