Bigfoot And Trains

So most of us have discussed BF sightings along or near RR tracks and usually associated with travel routes but this is a new twist! I ran across Stan Courtney's post on FB when I got home a few hours ago.. Enjoy..

Stan Courtney

3 hours ago

This morning I went to an area near Murphysboro, Illinois with a new witness. He took me to an area where he has had several daytime sightings. He has seen several squatches standing along a railroad track. His belief is that they hop onto the train. I tried not to show my disbelief but it is nothing I have ever heard of before.

When the train came by he yells at me to look in the direction the ...train is going and he looks towards the rear of the train. I was one of those trains carrying large cargo carriers. In between each car is a good size area. About half way through the train I saw a very large hair covered animal sitting down with its back towards the container. I only could see it for a couple of seconds and then it was gone.

I was shocked. It was very hairy, dark brown in color. I could all the animal from the waist up, but could not make out any facial details.

Guest Jodie

Well that's interesting, not surprising though if they are smart enough to figure it out. Supposedly they can run really fast, I bet it would be nothing for them to run along the side of a cargo train and hop a ride. I have a train tracks all over the place, I'm going to start paying attention as they go through.

thanks stan. i was hoping youd chime in.

with your being one of the more respected names in this field im sure many will look forward to further details.

never pictured BF as a "box car willie", a new twist indeed.

BFF Patron

Well, sounds like your witness could be headed for the gravy train if he can ride shotgun with one of the hairy ones and get some pictures.....

As I've mentioned elsewhere a central NC putative Sasquatch recording had a blaring train whistle sounding off intermittently in the background.... it was afternoon too. (Coincidentally the same whistle seems to have been recorded in the Blue Ridge.... good chance it is a hairy biped. unknown). Maybe we will get some recordings of them imitating train whistles soon, or making train whistle tunnel echoic sounds where there are no tunnels..... lol.

Perhaps we'll hear of the BF telegraph using the rails to communicate like pounding and gonging on the electric transmission towers in Florida....

Looking forward to the blog Stan. Geesh.... were you a little shook after that?!

Edited by bipedalist

Guest COGrizzly

Thanks for stopping in Stan!

BFSleuth - GREAT idea.

While researching Grizzlies in CO, I would frequent many different types of boards. Hiking. Climbing. Bowhunting. Just about any sport that gets you out there. Perhaps there are forums for railway engineers?

Guest Jodie

Hummm, I looked at incidents for bears seen on trains and found nothing. Which was odd because when we were visiting Hattisburg, MS at age 8, a bear was reportedly seen on a train and it caused a big stir in the news at the time. Now I wonder if it was a bear at all, just one of those things I reflect back on in hindsight and wonder about.

I did run across a blog by Gupta. I can't link you because it is political but I will post an excerpt out of it regarding his experience hopping trains, It might give you an indication of where to look:

You’d never believe how many moving freight trains I’ve gotten off and on. It’s less than a dozen, but it’s more than a couple. Skillful freight riders never, ever get on and off a moving freight train. They wait for the crew change points, a few miles outside of town, where trains pause and new staff alight. Wiley hobos hop off then, and take the half-hour trek into the city. Amateurs, and the daft young, like the anarchists and I run alongside, matching velocity with the train, then grab for the ladder of a grain car or, when conditions are good, make the chest-height vault to the box car. You can recover easily enough from missing a ladder, but missing a box car can plant you under the train very, very easily. I only did that one once or twice.

Edited by Jodie

Well, sounds like your witness could be headed for the gravy train if he can ride shotgun with one of the hairy ones and get some pictures.....

As I've mentioned elsewhere a central NC putative Sasquatch recording had a blaring train whistle sounding off intermittently in the background.... it was afternoon too. (Coincidentally the same whistle seems to have been recorded in the Blue Ridge.... good chance it is a hairy biped. unknown). Maybe we will get some recordings of them imitating train whistles soon, or making train whistle tunnel echoic sounds where there are no tunnels..... lol.

Perhaps we'll hear of the BF telegraph using the rails to communicate like pounding and gonging on the electric transmission towers in Florida....

Looking forward to the blog Stan. Geesh.... were you a little shook after that?!

I was somewhat taken aback! I keep preaching to people to always be mentally prepared to enjoy the moment, take it all in. Been a good couple of weeks.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Trains also slow where sidings and switches allow for traffic to slow, stop and allow movement and switching without crew changes too.

i like this, being here for a breaking new acct by one of the good guys.

thank you stan.

I cant help but think of this movie scene , maybe these guys couldve used a BF lesson ,lol

Guest JiggyPotamus

I can honestly say this is something I never even considered. I never would have believed it either, had you not experienced and reported this occurrence. I find it utterly amazing. One of the first things I wondered was whether this is just a couple of animals doing this, or if this is a relatively wide phenomenon.

I know they are smart animals, but I am not convinced they are very intelligent outside of their surroundings, i.e. the forest and concealment. So if this ability was learned by a single sasquatch, and then maybe taught to another, or maybe not, it would be completely different from it being a widespread activity.

But, it really only takes some common sense and the ability to run, jump, and see to pull this off. But how do they know where they are going? They are obviously going "somewhere", otherwise they could just walk. To me this means that they are taking advantage of something placed in their environment to make their lives easier. That is a big deal in my opinion.

They may know where the tracks lead, therefore where they are going, and when to hop off. This means they planned ahead a good bit. I am always amazed when animals exhibit intelligence, and I am finding out that sasquatch are probably much smarter than I give them credit for, even when dealing with things they are not used to.

Thank you so much for posting this, and I am very glad you had this sighting. With the eyewitness reports before you investigated, coupled with you seeing a hairy mass, I have no doubts that what was on the train was a sasquatch. Had this witness not told you about them getting on trains, I would not be so quick to say that what you saw was definitely a bigfoot, but luckily that's not the case.

I think we could all learn something from this...One thing is that we should NEVER dismiss eyewitness testimony just because it doesn't fit into our current picture of sasquatch behavior, or because it seems unlikely. As I said, I never would have believed this before today...I would have laughed. I actually was laughing until I read that Stan actually saw a probably sasquatch on the train. Wow. Just wow, lol. I will not make the same mistake again if I can help it.