Bigfoot And Trains

did the witness give any indication the BF may have been in the area for mushrooms also?

i could see bf walking on railroad track beds as an easier route through large remote areas, that would make sense .

hopping the cars? i must admit ,although it sounds so unlikely , it is a cool concept & id love to see it if it really was bf.

it would be nice if there was some way to verify this guy didnt have friends or family that worked for the railroad company.

thanks for the info stan, this thread has been "off the rails" today,thanks for helping bring it back to the station.

Why, I'll be damned! Someone has written to Stan's site telling of a Bigfoot train sighting literally a few miles down the tracks from my house in Minneapolis. It's in a pretty busy area but does have river valley on both sides for miles and miles. Is there any possibility these are escaped house pets?

Oh and BFS, thanks for all the train sightings. Good stuff.

Edited by Squatchaholic

Guest COGrizzly

Squatchaholic - Eagan MN??? Seems fairly unlikely, but as you mentioned, a river runs right through it.

I was a Teacher at Anthony Middle School in 1998 and at Southwest Senior High in '99.

Edited by COGrizzly

Guest Peter O.

Is there any possibility these are escaped house pets?

I don't think so. If my Squatches leave the yard, it's NO PEANUT BUTTER for a WHOLE WEEK!!

...seriously, I don't have Squatches...or even a yard... :( :(

Edited by Peter O.

I have been to the site twice without the witness and plan on another trip later this week. Last time I was there railroad officials asked me to leave. I don't typically use gamecams.

What did they say when you asked them if they had seen Bigfoots riding their rails?

I have been to the site twice without the witness and plan on another trip later this week. Last time I was there railroad officials asked me to leave. I don't typically use gamecams.

Stan, I have a friend that is a big train enthusiast, and meets with others to watch trains. They are no longer allowed on any of the conrail property, and have to watch now from a distance. I believe it is a DHS (homeland security) mandate, now.

Guest Tontar

I go away for the weekend, a ton of exciting discussion, and now Mike shuts down my ability to comment on how fast BF's might be able to run? Dang! I think the running speed is probably quite relevant to the ability to get on and off a train. When I was younger and we'd hop trains for fun, we'd get on moving ones, and off moving ones. There was no point in getting on a non-moving train. So we had to be able to walk, trot, and run to get on. And we had to be able to run quite fast to get off of some of them when they didn't slow down enough to get off at a comfortable walking or trotting speed. So I think that bigfoot running ability should definitely play into the scenario of hopping trains.

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/topic/30808-how-fast-can-bigfoot-run/

Guest OntarioSquatch

Riding trains doesn't sound so crazy to me now. I mean, they already smoke cigarettes and use salt & pepper.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Tontar

I understand they also beg for garlic at one woman's back door to keep the mosquitoes and flies from biting them. Salt, pepper, garlic, sounds like our spaghetti dinner last night.

Catching up with this thread, I noticed a few wondering why they would hop a train. It seems to me that those that wonder how they would meet high calorie requirements provide the answer. If there's not enough food in an area, they conserve energy by riding the train rather than moving out of area on their own power. Not saying I'm fully on board with the idea, but it seems an animal with an inherent opportunistic nature could benefit greatly from behavior like this.

So most of us have discussed BF sightings along or near RR tracks and usually associated with travel routes but this is a new twist! I ran across Stan Courtney's post on FB when I got home a few hours ago.. Enjoy..

Stan Courtney

3 hours ago

This morning I went to an area near Murphysboro, Illinois with a new witness. He took me to an area where he has had several daytime sightings. He has seen several squatches standing along a railroad track. His belief is that they hop onto the train. I tried not to show my disbelief but it is nothing I have ever heard of before.

When the train came by he yells at me to look in the direction the ...train is going and he looks towards the rear of the train. I was one of those trains carrying large cargo carriers. In between each car is a good size area. About half way through the train I saw a very large hair covered animal sitting down with its back towards the container. I only could see it for a couple of seconds and then it was gone.

I was shocked. It was very hairy, dark brown in color. I could all the animal from the waist up, but could not make out any facial details.

Just another story. Nothing new. No camera? No photo? the creature was there and gone. Yea