What Will It Take To Prove There Is No Such Thing As Bf?

Terry

My in-depth acquaintance with the evidence - something a lot of folks here could use, read about it a bit before your 3,000th post here, maybe...? - has led me to a lot of conclusions.  But they're all tentative.  Meanwhile you have people coming here from Debunk The Amazing Kreskin websites thinking oh, they got this.  One of the bigger SMHs out there for me, and with each passing week there are more of those, believe me...

The only conclusion that matters to me is that I believe some of the witnesses and some of the evidence.  Onward to 10,000 posts if you will!  I would only suggest that no one should expect to know everything about anything at any given point.  To each their own..  8 )

Edited by xspider1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/18/2017 at 10:38 PM, xspider1 said:

What will it take for more people to realize that they don't know everything already?  To paraphrase Aristotle: 'The more we know, the more we <should> realize how much we don't know.'  I can sort of understand many folks thinking that all Bigfoot sightings are either fakes, hallucinations, or the result of insanity because it is a very extraordinary subject for sure; but those opinions don't mean much to those who have actually seen one nor to anyone who believes even 1 witness or 1 piece of evidence. 

:drinks:

This is the most intelligent statement I've read on this board to date.

Those who KNOW, know.

Edited by FarArcher

9 hours ago, FarArcher said:

Those who KNOW, know

Yes, and a tiny few that don't, already know how to get to 'know'. But it would take work and diligence and an unwavering plan to achieve that goal- which is not a path that an 'I want it now' mentality will enjoy

Edited by hiflier

9 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Yes, and a tiny few that don't, already know how to get to 'know'. But it would take work and diligence and an unwavering plan to achieve that goal- which is not a path that an 'I want it now' mentality will enjoy

An oft heard canard. Who here espouses the "I want it now" mentality?

I do, and the people that buy books thinking there's some kind of revelation within their pages, And most everyone who peruse the Forum waiting and watching for a break in the mystery that will settle the issue of Bigfoot once and for all. No one has to come here and actually say, 'I want it now' for the mindset to be true. But I also know that to solidly 'know' will take time and process as do others. The trick is to work the right process for success.

If anyone wants to really know about existence of this creature then they will also understand by looking at the track record that current methods are continuing to produce little or nothing regarding the subject existence. But folks resist trying something different. Don't know why a bunch of grown-ups can't seem to figure this out yet. I guess moving past the opinion stage isn't so easy. One has to want to in order to make anything happen. That's where I am at- making something happen.

Edited by hiflier

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, xspider1 said:

What will it take for more people to realize that they don't know everything already?  To paraphrase Aristotle: 'The more we know, the more we <should> realize how much we don't know.'  I can sort of understand many folks thinking that all Bigfoot sightings are either fakes, hallucinations, or the result of insanity because it is a very extraordinary subject for sure; but those opinions don't mean much to those who have actually seen one nor to anyone who believes even 1 witness or 1 piece of evidence. 

:drinks:

If you know YOU KNOW and heck with whoever says you don't.  Individuals can do their own science.

Now I can't believe any single witness, by which I mean I can't accept something as real based on one story by whomever.  (A friend told me of what I am pretty convinced is a sasquatch sighting; but it's only because of my grounding in thousands of reports that I think that.)  One thing no one can do, however, is tell you you didn't have your experience.  You tell me you saw a unicorn, and I might advise you that evidence would be good with that.  But I can't tell you what you saw.

That notwithstanding.  If you have seen a sasquatch...or seen tracks and know what they weren't...you know.  Period.

38 minutes ago, DWA said:

If you know YOU KNOW and heck with whoever says you don't.  Individuals can do their own science

And then what? Nothing , that's what. Because the result will be a fine opportunity for mainstream science bashing all over again. Good job setting that up DWA.

• masterbarber locked this topic