Guest krakatoa

Kitakaze's Patty Suit Bombshell

Rockape

Has it been established beyond doubt that DeAtley has a suit?

roguefooter

^^Nope, not yet. That's why I was saying it would make no sense for Patterson's family to believe the film real if there was a suit displayed in her own house.

Also, I just found this new article with pictures inside of Al's home:

http://www.yakimamagazine.com/2013/04/05/a-home-to-share/

There are names of people who have been in and work in the house- a good place to start asking questions. Also a possible way to get foot in the door: "when a charity comes knocking we always say yes."

I can just hear the Mission Impossible music.

"Your mission Kitakaze is to get into the office and steal the Bigfoot suit. This message will self-destruct......"

Cotter

I've always been more fond of "It takes a thief"

Ike

>>IIRC the suit is displayed as a suit on a hanger, not as a statue.<<

Not saying you are wrong about this, but can you post or direct to the source where you heard this as I don't recall that point?

First off, and here is that ugly term...the "skeptic" in me has always had a bit of a problem with the story from an anonymous poster claiming to be a cable guy who stumbled into it accidentally and then posts about it on a bigfoot board. Taking that skepticism further, I've always doubted the Kitakaze involvement as well. I've never been convinced but what he didn't set out from the get-go to hoax a supposed hoax to "believers." Perhaps he himself was the "cable guy" and used that as the catalyst to supposedly debunk the PGF. He ran with it for a few months/years, and got tired of it, thus mysteriously having to "disappear" from the scene. An interesting variant on the "MIB took the body/evidence/whistleblower/whatever." An elaborate and drawn out hoax to be sure, but then again, so was "Daisy in a Box." Might sound a bit conspiracy theory-ish to some, but is certainly a plausible scenario.

Back to the issue at hand though, I have always conceived that if the object seen by the supposed cable guy was really there, that it was more of a stuffed trophy type of scenario rather than a costume on a hanger in a display case. If you could clarify that information I would appreciate it.

^^Nope, not yet. That's why I was saying it would make no sense for Patterson's family to believe the film real if there was a suit displayed in her own house.

Also, I just found this new article with pictures inside of Al's home:

http://www.yakimamag...-home-to-share/

There are names of people who have been in and work in the house- a good place to start asking questions. Also a possible way to get foot in the door: "when a charity comes knocking we always say yes."

Wow! That's a bit (actually a lot) more of an elaborate spread than I envisioned...

Edited by Ike

roguefooter

^^I've never heard of it being stored on a hanger either. Both the supposed 'cable guy' and Kit had claimed the suit was displayed on a mannequin and behind glass.

IMO I think Mrs DeAtley would be the key to getting inside (or at least inside info on the supposed suit). Her name is Iva but apparently goes by the name Pat. The article makes it sound like she's the easy one to talk to, and of course she was really close to her brother Roger.

Edited by roguefooter

Ike

Okay, I found this on page 90, post #1784 dated Sept. 14, 2012. [bolding is mine]

>>What I can say regarding the suit is that barring soaring stupidity on my part to discuss any specifics about the owner and the location, the suit is not going anywhere any time soon. It's not on a hanger in a closet. It's not scattered in pieces. It's whole and it's safe, though it is showing it's age, particularly in the face and hands. The only way it would not be safe is for me to prematurely out the owner and the location, which most certainly would result in it being destroyed or hidden in some way I will never hope to be able to find again. It is still here because it is like a memento or trophy of sorts.<<

Ike

To recapitulate what was brought up in earlier posts in this thread that are worth reviewing. Here is what I turned up on the original description of the supposed suit [bolding mine]:

>>Posted by Kerchak on 15 November 2012 - 02:10 AM

"My job allows me to access all parts of people houses and I was working at this huge mansion and I saw the coolest Patty costume ever. It was in the owners office. His office was very large about 600-800 sq ft. He had alot of weird stuff in there from photos and strange artifacts.

So when I first walked into the room my heart skipped a beat, incased in glass was a 7-8 ft costume of Patty, right down to the breasts. It was creepy because it looked sooo real. It was a very big and bulky costume. I know it was a costume because of the mask, it had eye holes and when you looked up close, you can see its actually in sections. It looked pretty old and expensive IMO. There was a photo taken from the Patterson film, when BF was looking back at the camera. It was framed and on top of the display case.

The owner was away on business, so I asked the caregiver/housekeeper where he got that at. She really didn't have much info other than the owner is into collectables and strange and unique items. He also had very old baseball and footballs cards on display too. It was one of the coolest rooms I have ever been to, kinda like a curiousity shop.

So who makes these costumes and is there a website that shows similar costumes?

Just so everyone knows I am NOT saying this is the Patterson/Gimlin creature. I believe what they caught on camera back in 1967 was the real deal. All I am saying is that I saw the coolest Patty costume I have ever seen and does anyone know how much they cost or have any other info on them? I did have a cell phone but it was the cheap $20 one with no camera, because my other phone broke.

Thanks"<<

Then a few hours later:

>>Kerchak on 15 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Here's more from the Brent D claim about having seen a Patty suit in a glass case. Brent D says he's in Washington state, by the way.

For those who don't have Premium access to the old thread from 2008.

----------------------------

""......... the only sign I guess it could of been worn is the hand were leather and they were cracked and looked old. Other than that it was in good shape, just looked old. I also think the person would have to be something like 7 ft tall, it also looks heavy. I am assuming someone made it as a replica for the collector junkies out there.

I am not saying this is the real costume I am just curious to get more information in similar costumes. Like I said I am NOT making any claims, I just figure this would be a good place to get info regarding costumes, since people here are good with finding out that info. Like with the Georgia costume. Come on this is NOT the Patterson creature. If you can just post some links to costume manufacturer that make BF costumes, that is all that I am asking. I was just curious about it. Geez.

Again everyone what I saw is a fake replica costume that just looked like BF. It is NOT the Patterson film creature, so please don't think that. I was just asking a question and thought this forum could answer it.....

I saw a suit, not a statue. The hair was different in appearance and color. It also had more curves and bulkier. The best thing I can say it looked like was Patty. The artist who made it sure did a good job. Part of the face was like a latex or rubber. The butt looked bigger, the feet were mostly covered by hair and the part of the toes I saw really didnt have detail like toe nails, there were just feet. The hair on this suit I saw looks like real hair. You know how deer hide starts to look when it starts getting old and dusty. Its really hard to describe the hair. The hands were kinda looked like weathered leather gloves in a way. I am sure its just a one of a kind and probley wont find another one similar. Sucks cause I want one.

I was just very impressed with this costume and thought there might be a company that makes them, just wanted that info, I wasnt trying to say that this could be what was filmed in PGF. I thought someone here had more info or owned one of these costume

I just saw a cool costume kinda similar but better than Elusive Ape replica. I am sure there are quite a few out there, self made or had one made by artist. Like I said this is NOT what was filmed in the PGF, so no rumors should be started. Don't worry people BF is out there. It was not my intent to start rumors I just thought this was a cool costume and wanted more info on it.

Please go ahead and delete this thread if you guys think it will start a rumor, I already learned that it was most likely made by a private artist.

Hey guys I dont want to **** anyone off here, I never once said " hey I found the Patty costume". I was under the understanding that this costume I saw was somewhat of a rare common thing that the true BF'ers knew about. I mean it took what 1-2 hours for the georgia costume to be found. But I guess this unlike any other. WHy he has it I dont know like I said he also had a mummified half mermaid and half man artifact and we all know thats not real.

Yes It can get me fired, because it is NOT my customer info and I have a family so I am not doing anything that will cost me my job. Like I said you can delete this thread if you think it will start a "internet rumor". I already figured out that what I saw is a 1 of a kind that had to cost big bucks compared to what is posted above.

If a person had a Patty costume why not tell the world? That is why I feel its not the Patty costume because it in his office and not on display at some vegas show or somehting like that. IMO it doesnt add up to be the real costume...

I did see a suit, a life size Patty costume. Sounds crazy? Yeah if i was on the other side of the computer I would have a hard time with it too. I really do want to go back and see it and take pictures and to just know why the hell he has that suit and for what purpose, but if anyone of you that is in the service industry know what I am talking about when its a direct violation to company policy. I will keep my eye on to see if his house comes up again and if it does I will get the info needed.

Again I am not saying its the actual Patty costume, I believe she is real. If I can get pics your heart will skip a beat when you see it, i guarantee it. I am sorry i dont mean to string anyone around, you can delete this thread if you want until I can get the info needed. I really dont want to be the one starting rumors or anything like that.""<<

So based on these supposed first hand descriptions, I don't see anything about a hanger.

I don't know...just an awful lot sounds too "convenient" with the description. Almost like someone specifically addressing points that skeptics have brought up, i.e. "The butt looked bigger" or referenced the Greg Long book to describe it. The whole story has just always smelled fishy to me.

Squatchy McSquatch

Making a replica costume as part of promoting the theatrical showings of Roger's PGF would have been a very reasonable business decision and common theatrical PR strategy, so on that basis, there's nothing odd about Al having a suit that looks like Patty. And after doing all the theatrical showings (which were quite profitable for Al), it wouldn't be unreasonable to "retire" the suit to a display case in his office, a momento of one very successful business venture.

Now imagine somewhere along the way, he was talking to people and said something to the effect of "When we were promoting the film of Roger's Bigfoot, this is the suit we used." Somebody listening but not paying attention could have heard ". . .the film of Roger's Bigfoot, this is the suit we used."

Ever notice how often here, in this forum, people read a post and a full sentence but then pull a portion of that sentence out of context and argue like hell about a misintrepretation of that partial statement, taken out of context? Happens all the time. Misunderstadings grow out of such psrtial statements taken out of context.

Just one hypothetical senario which could explain Al's suit.

Bill

When or where has it ever been suggested that Roger and Al had a replica suit made for theatrical showings?

What mention has ever been made of Roger and Al including a replica Patty suit in a public presentation?

In all the photos of Roger Patterson's public appearances, in any recorded acoounts I've read of people who actually attended his shows; not one photo or allegation of a furcloth suit or bigfoot costume having been displayed to audience members.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Bill

The senario is simply a "what if", an option to consider, not a claim that such has been proven.

It's an idea worthy of further research, a mere hypothesis. It poses a question, not proves a conclusion.

Would you share with us how many of those photos showed Al DeAtley with Roger, or tell us how many of those accounts of people who saw the program mentioned seeing Al DeAtley? He is shown on camera speaking to the audience for about 20 or more minutes in that program. Do these people who recall the program recall Al?

Just curious. I'm pretty sure Al actually exists, even if he isn't in photos with Roger or if people who described the program don't remember seeing him.

Bill

roguefooter

^^I figured the word "hypothetical" would have clued him in.

Bill

maybe because I didn't bold it and underline it. My mistake, and I apologize to anyone who didn't see the word "hypothetical"

Edited by Bill