Do Sasquatch Hate All Canines?

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

Okay this topic has come up in a couple of my other threads. However I think this topic deserves it's own thread. Lets talk about why the huge Sasq seem to hate or are threatened by all canines? And yes even those cute little guys you see people carrying inside their jackets at walmart are at risk.

Usually most dogs run for cover but the odd brave one will go on the hunt and never return. Could it be that the Sasq can't or don't distinguish between big or small threats? Or are they just annoyed at their presence being detected by a barking pet dog?

So before I speak about my theories about wolves, coyotes in competition with the BF's in the wild. Or my opinion that they are simple removing the sentries (pet dogs)in your campsite or backyard as a hunter would. Lets here from some others first.

Taking the simple route here..

Sasquatches like other Sasquatches.

Dogs, cats, canines and felines are all natural competitors and possible predators as well as prey.

Edited by Wheellug

My impression is - that dogs are fast enough and have a good enough nose to actually catch up wth BF and therefore really threaten BF.

In a defensive posture themn Mr BF picks them up and throws them against a tree which with a broken back slows a dog down considerably.

Taking the simple route here..

Sasquatches like other Sasquatches.

Dogs, cats, canines and felines are all natural competitors and possible predators as well as prey.

They really don't "hate" all dogs (or coyotes), they just punish or intidate those that interfere with their hunting or foraging, or in the case of dogs that are in the least aggressive toward them for any reason, they kill them or maim them. Sometimes in gruesome fashions. Many, many investigations into those kinds of cases. Interesting.

I think they consider them the same way moose do.

Moose cannot stand canines, because wolves are predators to moose. Therefore they will go after large or aggressive dogs. They see them as funny looking wolves as the Nat Geo Special on Moose explained. I think that it would not be unusual for Squatches to have run ins with wolves and coyotes at times, so perhaps it is along similar lines. Since domestic dogs, coyotes and wolves belong to the canine family, they may feel domestic dogs will exhibit the same behavior as their wild relatives.

It's also been reported that small dogs are not necessarily treated the same way the larger more aggressive ones, Squatches have been reported to consider them a curiosity.

Just my two cents.

I don't understand where this "BF hates all canines" theory came from. Maybe some of them hate all canines, (I'm not too crazy about them myself) but I know for a fact that they don't all hate all canines.

I saw one standing out behind the house one night, & he had a pack of coyotes running around him like a pack of hounds around a fox hunter. My son saw one running with a pack of coyotes one night.

A friend that lives a few miles away used to hear a group of BFs come by his house every almost every morning. He said he would stand out & listen to them pass, & several times, there was a chocolate Lab that would be with them. He said it belonged at a house just up the road from him. It would split off from the BFs & pass his house going home, & they would go on in the other direction.

Then, there was the researcher that whooped out in front of my house, & had a young coyote come running up to him like he was being called to dinner.

So, I think people are presuming a lot when they make that statement.

All and Every do not account for exceptions. To smack wholesale behavioral reactions to every situation ... is that really what happens ?

Regarding what I have been told and have read, there are multitudes of different reactions to dogs and other canines across the board.

Not everyone eats dogs. But some people do. Not everyone eats venison but some people do. Same with fish. Some people do not like dogs at all.

Some think they are more important than people.

i remember one story of a guy that had at least 3 sightings as a kid ('multiple encounters'?). He had just moved into a new timber house. was working in the garden laying hooped wire flower borders. was very hot that night so had the window open. He heard a bunch of feral dogs chasing something that eventually ran down the side of his house. Then there was an almighty smack on the side of the house (timber frame/ panelling). dogs are snarling/ barking at something, then what ever they are after lets out a low menacing growl....stops the dogs dead in their track as if to say 'you sure were doing the right thing here guys' then the dogs regain confidence and chase the thing out the back of the yard where it jumps clean over an 6' fence. The kid heard everything from his beadroom window. The smack on the side of the house was maybe from the bf triping over the hooped wire borders which were found ripped out of the ground the next morning (still make me chuckle at the thought).

next story i recall was of a bf in a field with a bunch of feral dogs, (alsations etc) yapping around its feet like its time for walkies. think the hairy man-like fella patted them on the head as one would do and walked off like they were all buddies.

so maybe some like dogs like we do. In Korea/ China, they are eaten.

Edited by megatarsal

Don't think all bigfoot hate all dogs (the topic of the thread puts it too strongly), but I am with mkianni on this one. Dogs can give away their positions, and are often associated with humans. I would put out the stink or the vibes or the growls to keep the dogs away from me, if I was a Sas that wanted to stay hidden.

Besides, dogs are noisy and needy and infinitely inferior to cats ;-P

So does bigfoot love all cats?

Edited by notgiganto

I agree completely that: If the dogs are an irritant they are dealt with. Numerous reports of them being slammed and found dead.. or worse.

I talked to a raccoon hunter (they go out at night with dogs and tree the raccoons and shoot them for furs) who is now a science teacher. He and his dad back in the 80s were out and their dogs got into something that scared them. Then a huge low based scream eminates through the night that is loud and aggressive and he told me, his dad told him he had never ever heard anything like that in 40 years of hunting at night with dogs.

The dogs ran back to the truck and left the guys standing there with the scream maker up the hill. I know of dogs on priv properties that initially used to bark like crazy when a black bear would come through. After time, the bear friends the dogs, the dogs dont bark anymore and the bear does his thing unannounced. I wonder if the big guy does that. I am guessing sometimes. There was one story about a man who chased a bigfoot who

(yes, its just a story) had a dog. The bigfoot ended up killing the dog and then went back and pushed the guys jeep over. That one did not like being chased by the dog. Lots of stories with bf killing dogs. A story out of Pullyap Washington was the sound of two coyotes coming together.

Then, upon investigating this, a man found a dead coyote slammed against a tree. Its pretty endless, the reports of killed dogs. But I have other ones that suggest the squatch did not harm the dogs.

Guest squatchrider

Perhaps a better title to this thread would have been:

Why Do Sasquatch Hate All Cameras?

Incorrigible, I think you are on to something there!

A couple of weeks ago I just happened to read and listen to three reports in a row that had the dogs reacting in pretty much the same way. They were terrified.

The first one was when I was listening to Jame "Bobo" Fay. It was at the about 43 minute spot where he talks about his dog trying to tear itself into or crawl under the dashboard to get away. His dog was a 95lb pit bull. It is quite the interesting and frightening account. The whole interview is interesting.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-30301/TS-111827.mp3

It is on this page about 40 percent down the page.

I was looking into an interesting area near the Applegate region of Oregon and California and found these two closest sitings.

BFRO link

...Their 95lb pit bull ran towards the "thrower" only to return a few seconds later, running into the truck and refusing to come out....

Then there was another one with a pug.

BFRO link

...He said that he smelled a “dead animal†smell. At that time, the dog began to get very agitated and was barking and trying to get out of the truck. The dog leaped from the window to the ground. It then went from being aggressive to being very frightened. The witness said that the dog came back, cowered, wanted back in the truck, and peed all over itself. ...

I have heard a few over the years of dogs freaking out or being afraid of them but I just heard/read of three in a row.

I makes me wonder if it instinctual from the smell or if the dog is picking up something about them from the smell like size and strength or perhaps from some low frequency vocalization.