2 Types Of Bigfoot-Like Creatures?

Guest Kronprinz Adam

Guest Kronprinz Adam

HI everyone!! I was thinking about the last poll...what do you think that Bigfoot is?

I noticed, that for some members of the community,Bigfoot could even be some kind of "feral human", (and maybe even possesing human DNA), but other sightings reveal some kind of ape-like creature...

I was wondering if there is the incredible possibility, that there could be 2 kinds of Bigfoot creatures? Therefore, if some people report looking an "almost-human creature" (but huge), and other people report seeing wild gorilla-like creatures...maybe there are 2 kinds of creatures and both witnesses are right...

Of course it is just an idea, we have no evidence of such thing...I just remembered one post that I saw some weeks ago about "Southern Bigfoot" (some people in rural areas reporting "black" and "red" creatures, one type being more apelike than the other) and some native legend about "2 kinds of creatures"....do you think that there is some truth behind these rumors?

Greetings.

K. Adam.

I beleive that we have 2 different types ofanimals here in Oz one being the 6-7 ft variesty the other being 4-5ft in height, neither of these being human like, definately ape

Thanks for linking to that, Sleuth. I have been so meaning to reread Sanderson! It has been years...

There seem to be two or three types of yeti reported, way back, by Sanderson, I think. These included an outsized monster, a man-sized creature, and a smaller creature, if I remember correctly. All that yeti stuff gets mixed up in folklore/native beliefs from the various folks in the Himalayas. Some of the translations seem to be mixed up with bears, so....take that for what it is worth. I am not sure if westerners may have been mixed up, or if the folk of the Himalayas associate them (namewise) with the only other similar animals - bears.

No matter the nomenclature issues, the subdivision into three different creatures correlates interestingly with reports of our North American varieties - the kind that could create 24 inch tracks, the typical Sasquatch, and a smaller variety that, I think, some folks (including some members here), may think live in the south or Appalachians. It is hard for me to believe that the Sasquatch( i.e., what we see in the PGF, if that bit of evidence is genuine) is the same type of creature as the other two reported types.

Lots of native people from the south refer to "big people" and "little people" in their folklore. This might be a nod to two different hominoids with overlapping territories. Or, it might just be folklore with no basis in a real world model, but rather something taken from "mythic time."

All just thoughts. As a non-witness believer, I honestly don't know what to think, but lean toward a two variety model, or toward the idea that younger BF are quite different from adults, in both appearance and movement, lending to witness beliefs that they are different creatures.

Guest BFSleuth

Yeah, somewhere in my readings on the internet (might have been in Sanderson?) there was mention of little forest people in Colorado. Story was told of a man that came across a set of tracks that he thought was a toddler, miles from the nearest house. Called the sheriff because he was concerned it was a lost child. Sheriff and deputy arrive with tracking dogs. Dogs whimper, refuse to follow the trail, tuck tail and go back into their kennels. Sheriff, deputy, and the guy follow the trail that goes in a straight line through snow and rock directly to a box canyon and then disappear at a sheer cliff in the back of the canyon. Tracks were described as having a very narrow heel and very wide toes, never wandered right or left, just a bee line.

If anyone has come across this story I'd appreciate it if you post a link. I've been trying to find it again.

Guest WIKayaker

My proof-less guess is even more than two varieties...troubling to me are the dog-face ones reported in parts of Wisconsin and Michigan. (Bray road beast, etc) Although other types are noted there too, never heard of the reddish ones much in the WI area either.

Just look at racial diversity in our "known" population. There are extremely varied appearances even in my one neighborhood!

These are not just all look-alike animals like bears...they appear to each have more "visible personality".

All the more difficult to get people to believe wide ranging descriptions.

cool avitar WIkayaker, nice art work!

I don't think it is likely to be two different kinds of bigfoot, unless they more or less operate under the same MO, and equally elusive. There could be seperate lineages though, due to population isolations, creating some variance.

Guest BFSleuth

Looking at the worldwide phenomenon, we have everything from the relatively tiny Oreng Pendek, to the sometimes huge BF or Yeren. Native Americans have talked about a smaller hairy man in the woods. It wouldn't surprise me if there are at least two and perhaps three varieties (or more) in North America.

My understanding is that there is potentially 3 types, including the dog-faced type (which is a quite common report in WI). If you want to get REALLY crazy with the conspiracy type stuff, the dog-faced ones are actively being eradicated by a certain group associated with the DOI.

Don't ask me for any evidence of ANY of that, but in certain circles, this is common knowledge. Said circles tend to keep to themselves and I've only been made privvy to the info through some connections....

Not that I believe all or much of what I've just posted, but the conversations and beliefs are indeed out there.

"

The Iroquois (Six Nations Confederacy) of the Northeast -- although they live in close proximity to the eastern Algonkian tribes with their Windigo legends -- view Bigfoot much in the same way the Hopi do, as a messenger from the Creator trying to warn humans to change their ways or face disaster. However, mentioned among Iroquois much more often than Bigfoot are the "little people" who are said to inhabit the Adirondacks mountains. I never heard any first-hand stories among the Iroqouis about encounters with these "little people" -- for that matter, I never heard and first-hand stories in that region about Bigfoot, either -- but the Iroquois pass down stories about hunters who occasionally saw small human-like beings in the Adirondacks (which are not all that far from the Catskills, where Rip Van Winkle was alleged to have met some little bowlers) (and slept for 100 years -HF). Some present-day Iroquois assert that the "little people" are still there, just not seen as often because the Iroquois don't spend as much time hunting up in the mountains as they used to."

link:

http://www.bfro.net/legends/

I would ask that those interested in this question look at the very good track photos at the end of the report linked below and offer an opinion as to whether or not all these tracks were made by the same type of primates. And if not, what animal made the tracks other than those with the somewhat human-like features. (Disregard the coyote tracks. LOL.)

As a footnote; (no pun intended) within the last week or so two clear trackways were seen - for the first time as far as I know - in south AR with individual tracks being described exactly like those long, narrow tracks with a small nub-like toe off the inside edge of the foot in the second photograph. (No, the man who found the trackways did not photograph them because he was trespassing and caught by the person who owned (or managed) the propery within a few minutes of the find.)

http://www.alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport20.htm

Guest minnie-ear

I think descriptions have a lot to do with the observer, their background, religion, etc. One man’s ape-man is another’s man-ape. I think this is especially true when the witness isn’t expecting to see an animal that they have, up until that moment, thought to be a legend. In those split seconds, and most sightings are very short, the brain attempts to reconcile what is being seen. People who general regard animals as dangerous may see a monster, people familiar with zoo animals might see an ape and some might see a lost member of the Canaanites. The observer sees through their own prism.

I think everything points to them being very much individuals with individual physical traits much like us. Perhaps there are several sub species (dare I say races). Regional differences due to climate and food sources much in the way that I am different from my coworker and friend Al. He’s Filipino-American and I’m European -American. To another intelligent species not familiar with humans we could look very much like different animals. Different colored hair, eyes, skin tone, stature, gate, foot prints, preferred foods, vocalizations and the list goes on.

The one difference I find interesting and harder to explain away are shape of noses reported. I’ve heard, “…broad…like a West African nose or Aboriginal Austrailianâ€, “Gorilla like†and my favorite, “textured like a dog†(Chewbacca?) . You could expect noses to be more in line with the difference in noses of humans; pug, long, flared, thin, broad, etc., but all still relatively the same. Throw in gorilla like, or dog faced and it makes you wonder.

I happen to think that younger bigfoot probably look more like human adults (albeit proportioned differently) and as they age develop the frames we are more accustomed to. Does a young gorilla look just like a miniature silver back? Big difference. There is a great eyewitness sketch out there I’m sure you are all familiar with, of a human looking sasquatch carrying a brace of ducks holding a stick. If I remember correctly the witnesses thought it was young.

I’m not saying we aren’t dealing with multiple species, but individual differences and regional differences are an easier pill to swallow. It’s hard enough trying to get the general public to accept one species let alone multiple.

Guest Transformer

cool avitar WIkayaker, nice art work!

I don't think it is likely to be two different kinds of bigfoot, unless they more or less operate under the same MO, and equally elusive. There could be seperate lineages though, due to population isolations, creating some variance.

FWIW I agree with this position.

Guest Kronprinz Adam

HI everyone!! I was thinking about the last poll...what do you think that Bigfoot is?...I was wondering if there is the incredible possibility, that there could be 2 kinds of Bigfoot creatures?...

Greetings.

K. Adam.

Hi everyone and thank you for your sincere answers and for all the info!!! I also have the idea there are maybe several creatures around the world..I personally found very enigmatic the tropical creatures...(think on Orang Pendek...a relic hominoid lviing on very specific parts of the rainforest...) what are they? how they evolved? how they arrived to these tropical parts?

But besides all the other creatures of the world...if we discuss specifically North America (and just the huge creatures, not the small or medium ones or the scary doglke ones)...could it be possible that there are at least 2 different species of creatures? One more apelike than the other? 2 different branches of the hominoid tree, maybe?

As I mentioned before, there are reports of seeing a creature "nearly human"....huge and hairy and with somewhat rustical face features...and others simply report some kind of escaped gorilla...

I also agree that witnesses sometimes focus on different details, from their viewpoint...but I think that there also could be the a small possibility that...(according to native legends)...there should be 2 types of creatures!!! (ffor example...feral nearly humans and king-size australophitecus??)

Greetings.

K. Adam.