Guest bmartin

Mk Davis Video/Audio

Guest VioletX

I do not know anything about Bigfoot suit construction, but I wonder if it would hinder agility and flexibility. Maybe the dude is wearing furry yoga pants

Guest poignant

To make the hoax more convincing, he should have hid a trampoline in the grass and used it to leap over the fence. Oh shoot I've just given hoaxers an idea. :rolleyes:

Guest Luckyfoot

Maybe the dude is wearing furry yoga pants

Uh-oh. New fashion trend.

Coonbo

Ontario Squatch called this correctly. This is indeed a portion of one of Mike Sells' videos. It was produced outside of Paris, Texas. Back in 2003, IIRC, several researchers, myself included, were contacted and asked to come down there and see some of these videos, visit the sites where some of them were taken and spend some time in the field with some of the local "researchers". I picked up Matt Knapp and Chad Scott and we drove down there on a Friday. We met the folks and after dinner that evening went out to some of their local "hotspots". We (Matt, Chad & I) had done enough prior study of the area to know that there really was a lot of reported BF activity in the area, aside from the folks we were going to see. On Saturday, Mike Humphrey, Jim Grant and others were also supposed to meet us down there and we were supposed to get a "private screening" of these amazing videos Saturday night.

As soon as I met the folks, something just didn't seem right to me, but I couldn't put my finger on it exactly. A couple of them just didn't seem genuine to me. When we went out "calling", a couple of the folks that we had met at dinner, conveniently had "other things" to do, so they left. We went to sites that they had preselected for us. At the first site, when a guy named Lance started calling, my first thought was "Hell, even the BFRO knows calls better than that..." And his knocks were totally unlike anything that I've seen get results at other places around the country. The answers that we got to Lance's calls and knocks sounded totally hokey and fake to me, and would to anyone that has put in serious time researching BF. On the way to the next site, at Pat Mayse Lake, Matt, Chad and I came to the unanimous conclusion that we were being hoaxed. At Pat Mayse Lake, we were shown "tracks" and heard other "calls". Total BS. We were ready to go home then, but since it was late and others were coming down tomorrow (Saturday) we decided to stay anyway.

Next day we went out to "see" some of the sites where these "amazing" videos were taken. However, we weren't allowed to actually walk around on the property, "because of the landowner's requirement of privacy", so we had to look at it from the county roads that go around most of the perimeter of the property. The site this video was taken is visible from the road which is maybe 20 yards behind the camera position. IIRC, the fence in question is 36" woven wire topped by a couple of strands of barbed wire, which puts the top strand at around 45 to 48" high. Again, IIRC, the fence posts were mostly steel T-posts. We were told ahead of time that this was a "significant" site in the videos. The thing that struck me immediately about the Sells property was #1: it was relatively small (maybe about 20 acres??) and rather exposed on most sides, and #2: I couldn't see anything special about the property that would draw or hold BF in the immediate area, unless it was possibly a travel corridor between much larger tracts of forest or riparian habitat.

That afternoon, Mike, Jim and some others showed up. The folks hosting this fiasco had a nice bar-b-que/potluck dinner for us and then started showing us the videos. To me, the videos absolutely SCREAMED hoax and were total, nauseating BS. I watched a few of them, including this one, one depicting a "BF" climbing a tree, and others of supposed "BF" running around in the scant woods behind the Sells house. Some of them were so blatant that I think it was just a guy in jeans and a denim jacket running through the trees. I got to where I couldn't stomach any more of it and stepped out for some air.

I was totally pissed that I had wasted my time and money coming down there for a bunch of hoaxed BS. Matt and Chad showed up seconds later. They felt the same way. We had just agreed that were leaving town right NOW, when Mike came out and he was fuming. He'd come to the same obvious conclusion as we had. I told him what I thought about it and he had even more choice words for the situation, saying something to the effect of "Screw this manure, I'm taking my a$$ back to Oklahoma." We agreed and I said I'd be right behind him. I left so fast that I backed into a light pole in the yard of the place and bent my rear bumper. I didn't even stop to assess the damage.

Believe me, if you saw the other videos from that place, you'd have even more problems with them.

Edited by Coonbo
  • Upvote 1

Coonbo

I want to add something to my above post. I've met M.K. Davis. He is a sincere, very intelligent, and, I believe, honest man and has done some highly technical and excellently executed analyses of various videos of BF material. I'll go on record as saying that he's brought up some points worth considering about this particular video. He's not saying it's genuine, just that it at least deserves a second look. M.K. does NOT deserve to be considered a hoaxer or lumped in with that bunch.

But, I'll tell you from personally being around some of the folks who perpetrated these hoaxed videos around the Paris, TX, area, that a couple of them were big, athletically built guys that I believe were physically capable of doing the things shown in those videos. Because this is a Sells video and because of what I know about the people in that group down there, I classify it as a bald-face hoax. Also, several on this thread have correctly pointed out that BF movements are much smoother and more ape-like than those depicted in this video, but NONE of us know how all BF move under all circumstances.

Edited by Coonbo

The whole jumping part bugs me. The way it stops conveniently while still in frame then uses the right leg to hoist itself up seems weird. You'd think with all this upper body strength the subject could have easily hopped over without the awkward leg move.

Guest FuriousGeorge

Spader's MK Davis video - fence climb topic has been merged here.

Coonbo

I'd like to add my comments to the rock and bottle throwing video and the tree climbing video. First, those are NOT bigfoot vocalizations on either one of those videos and second, that is NOT a BF climbing that tree. These are more of the pathetic Sells videos. I haven't yet looked at the rest of them posted in this thread. Also, notice how loud the road noise of passing vehicles is in these videos. The property is NOT very large. You can see most of it from the road. If there were as many boogers running around on it as they purport, I'd have a gate across the road and charge a 100 bucks-a-head for folks to get to see the Bigfoot Zoo.

Edited by Coonbo

All these vids are from the Sells collection aren't they? All it takes is 1 hoaxed vid to taint all the rest. MK knows **** well this vid is fake. He knows they all are fake. How else did he get onto the property to take 1 comparison photo? But the only thing he did was to underscale his own image to make Sells look bigger. Otherwise, he should have duplicated Sells' actions exactly. Every camera has a video option these days. Then we could compare his scale accurately against the BF. Instead he stands a few feet farther back from the section of the fence where the BF legged over, unless MK is just **** short. Why didn't he even mention the fence, and how high it was? He was standing right next to it? I think MK knows ever single vid is a hoax and he's milking the whole series for what they're worth. Vague provenance and weak analysis leaves just enough doubt. "But I'll let you be the judge." And if MK is capable of concocting the Bluff Creek Massacre, then need I say more?

Edited by Gigantofootecus

Ok people. Here is the comment from bigfoot evidence from April 20

THIS IS FROM A SERIES OF HOAXED VIDEOS. How many times do I have to tell you guys? Mike Sells of Paris, TX hoaxed these videos with a buddy of his. Many people have seen these videos. They've been around for a while, and the GCBRO guys have already debunked these within their own circles years ago. Just wait until MK (when/if he chooses to) releases the clip of the "bigfoot" looking into the camera (much like in this clip) but with the nightshot IR light on. It is so clearly a guy in a wig with eyeliner and mascara on. It's really good for a laugh! MK, why not release the clip of the "bigfoot" stepping over the fence and heading toward the barn? You know, the one where you can clearly see his blue jeans and sneakers?

here's the link

http://bigfootevidence.blogspot.com/2012/04/audio-of-possible-bigfoot-vandalizing.html

I also got a link to the gcbro article when they investigated this years ago

here's the link

http://www.network54.com/Forum/23217/message/1161998332/More+about+the+hoaxed+video

IMO It's a done deal. Put a fork in it.

here's a quote from me in July. Notice in the comment it was predicted that a video like this was going to show up.

bipedalist

Swell, just another sign that nothing ever has a stake driven in it's heart in Bigfootdom. It is always reinvented, retreaded, reinserted or reignited because institutional memory is so limited. And people wonder how people like TB gain traction?

BFSleuth

Part of the reason why these hoax videos don't die permanently is because every year new people are attracted to the topic of BF and searching the internet for anything BF related. However, in this case MK Davis has resurrected the sad saga. There can be only two options I can see: either MK knows these are hoax videos and is taking advantage of the wealth of newcomers to the world of BF, or for some reason he has become convinced they are real. I find it hard to believe that with his history in the world of BF that he would be unaware of the hoax background of the site and the videos.

Coonbo

Ah Geez, I didn't waste the time to go through this whole thread, but every video that I looked at was from the Sells collection. Mike Sells is dead now - died of cancer. Don't know who is living on the property now, maybe his widow, but that's the only way MK got access to the property - now that Mike is gone. Got no idea why MK is wasting his time on these hoaxed videos. Freakin' ridiculous.

Cisco

****.... talk about a downer. I was getting more more intrigued by there videos.

I don't know MK personally but have always enjoyed his analysis on different Bigfoot videos.

In this case, it's pretty clear these videos were hoaxed. Whether or not, MK knows this is a whole other matter.

As Coonbo pointed out, he may be seeing some things that lend some credibility to some of the videos. He also may not be aware they're hoaxed and is just analyzing what he sees. Either way, he can't ignore the fact that these videos have now been outed.

I'm curious to hear his response. You can tell a lot about a person in situations like this. If he tries to argue that it genuine, my respect for him as an analyst will really go down. However, if he's smart, he'll thank the people that brought this to light and apologize for the mistake.

Unless he can somehow prove these are completely different videos, he really has no other choice.