People Who've Spoken With Gimlin - What Was The Most Skeptical Question You've Ever Asked Him?

kitakaze

For the people who've spoken with him, what was the most skeptical you've ever asked him and what was his answer?

kitakaze

Here are some of the most skeptical questions Gimlin has ever been asked...

Now take Gimlin out of the safety and comfort of a room full of believer fans that treat him with nothing but adoration and kitty gloves with zero skepticism...

"I know Bob. He's been a friend of mine for a long time, but as far as I'm concerned, he was not there that I know of, and I don't think he was there at all. And he probably tryin' to make a buck. These guys are coming out of the wall saying the've been in a suit down in Norrthern California."

"I'd say the story Bob has come up with is pretty far-fetched as far as I'm concerned. You know, I've confronted Bob on that. I've said, 'Hey, what's going on?' But he won't talk about it. We're still friends. He just lives a little ways from me. I've worked with him and I've done things with Bob. I've rode horses with him. But this thing he's telling all the people around that he was in a suit in Northern California, it kind of just don't make sense to me."

"I used to trust Bob a lot, but then lately him and the whole family kind of prevaricates. They think things. You know, I don't make statements against my friends or neighbours, but this thing is kind of out of proportion as far as I'm concerned."

Bob Gimlin to Greg Long - September 18, 2001. MoB, p. 422

More here...

This is for the subject of how clear or unclear Gimlin has been regarding his once greatly trusted and longtime friend Bob Heironimus' claim. PGF believers should never be allowed to omit that the person that they villify in Heironimus is a former longtime trusted friend of Gimlin's with very real ties to both Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin, as well as the PGF. This is a person who has protected Gimlin when first faced with a determined skeptical investigator and a person Gimlin has long held in confidence. Gimlin waffles from clear to vague depending on the stance of the person he is dealing with. To a believer he will be catagorical in his dismissal. To an informed skeptic he will be opaque.

A transcription I made some time ago...

We know that he got sick of not getting paid in 1975 enough to sue Patricia Patterson. Too bad neither of them will talk about how much the out-of-court settlement was. The point is that there are very good reasons to ask Gimlin hard questions. I have heard a recording of Gimlin at a Bigfoot conference where he is wooing the crowd with how much he appreciates them and fielding questions. I've been hearing that people like Melissa and Kathy have spoken at length with Gimlin and have even discussed Heironimus but in lieu of specifics it kind of leaves us hanging about what the exchanges were like. What we need is an exchange where someone is asking Gimlin about Heironimus and we can listen to it with a critical ear. Well, you're in for a treat because it just so happens that I have just such a recording here. Here is a January 26th, 2008 recording of Bob Gimlin answering questions from Bigfoot enthusiasts at at the Washington State Capital Museum program on "Giants in the Mountains: The Search for Sasquatch". Somebody asks him about Bob Heironimus and he just kind of brushes it off. It's like the woman is annoyed she even has to ask and makes a point that she's going to believe whatever Gimlin tells her.

Female Bigfoot enthusiast: "There's a man... I don't remember his last name."

Bob Gimlin: "Heironimus."

FBE: "Yes, exactly. That claims he was the man in the suit. I don't buy his story but I just wondered what your thoughts are on him."

BG: "Well, thank you very much. Uh... I don't ever wanna try to put somebody down that's just trying to make a few bucks on the film. But, the bottom line is some think he was... I think he was... He was conned into something, I believe. That's my belief. I dunno. I know Bob Heironimus real well. I've know him for quite a few years. Uh... He's like a lot of people if he thinks he's gonna be famous and make some money. (inaudible)...things, I think. But other than that, I don't wanna say anything bad about Bob Heironimus. All I can tell you is there was no one down in Bluff Creek at that time except Roger and I."

Gimlin was once a used car salesman and a charmer personality. He makes things up on the spot and has rarely ever been given in depth questioning by an informed skeptic. To Chris Packham he just said he could have been hoaxed by Roger but maybe he would of shot it. Watch that interview from 2:40...

To Greg Long he suggested Heironimus' family just "prevaricates", Heironimus was destitute, was jealous of Gimlin's success, did it for money, wasn't there with him and as far as he could tell, and compared him to Ted Bundy...

Bob Gimlin to Greg Long September 18th, 2001 on Bob Heironimus' claim of being Patty:

"Well, yeah, I can comment on that. I know Bob. He's been a friend of mine for a long time, but as far as I'm concerned, he was not there that I know of, and I don't think he was there at all. And probably he's tryin' to make a buck. These guys are coming out of the wall saying they've been in a suit down in Northern California."

"I'd say the story Bob has come up with is pretty far-fetched as far as I'm concerned. You know, I've confronted Bob on that. I've said, 'Hey, what's going on?' But he won't talk to me about it. We're still friends. He just lives a little ways from me. I've worked with him, and I've done things with Bob. I've rode horses with him. But this thing that he's telling all the people around that he was in a suit in Northern California, it kind of just don't make much sense to me"

Long asks Gimlin if he's saying Heironimus is lying.

"I used to trust Bob a lot. But then lately the whole family and him kind of prevaricates. They think things. You know, I don't make statements against my friends or neighbours, but this kind of thing is out of proportion as far as I'm concerned."

Long again asks if Gimlin is saying Heironimus is lying.

"As far as I'm concerned he is."

Long then asks Gimlin why Heironimus was risking his retirement to accuse Gimlin of being part of the hoax. Gimlin suggests Heironimus is envious of his material possessions.

Long:

"Does he have a grudge against you?"

Gimlin:

"Well, I don't know if Bob has a grudge against me. Bob just screws around working for ranches and stuff and didn't save much money, and he still don't. He spends money pretty rapidly as far as I can tell."

Author Michael McLeod visited and interview Gimlin for his book Anatomy of a Beast, but it is not known and doubtful the McLeod identified himself as a skeptic. In the interview Gimlin says a number of things of interest...

- Roger was away from the campsite when he returned to tighten a loosened shoe and he felt this was strange because Patterson's horse was not gone. Patterson returned later saying he had gone for a walk and then suggested they do the overnighter. This would be the same where Patterson allegedly pulled out his camera for the first time in that three week trip according to both Patterson and Gimlin. Roger had not even filmed the BCM tracks that he went there to see.

- Gimlin reverts to Roger's horse flipping over rather than the acrobatic one handed dismount and camera extraction.

- Gimlin says they both noted the creature to be female as opposed to where he often elsewhere says he had no idea at the time.

More can be read here in the chapter "The Backup Man" in McCleod's book...

http://books.google....epage&q&f=false

Like with McLeod and packham, Gimlin opens the door wide for being hoaxed by Roger when he is dealing with someone skeptical. If he is among fans, he will very specifically deny Heironimus, if he is with a skeptic, he is as clear as mud. This is the used car salesman tactics Gimlin employs. He alters his position depending on the level of belief of the person listening to him.

Patterson friend and South Fork film cast member John Ballard on the subject of Gimlin's honesty...

Greg Long: Does Bob Gimlin strike you as a truthful and honest man?

Patterson friend and Bigfoot: America's Abominable Snowman cast member John Ballard: I'd rather not say. He's a very likable guy, he's a very likable guy. Real smooth-talking fellow. He has a nice voice.

GL: So you won't answer the question if he's truthful or honest?

JB: No, I won't answer that question.

http://www.bigfooten...gimlin-lied.htm

John Ballard - second from the left beside his friend Roger Patterson. Gimlin's in the wig over beside his former trusted friend Bob Heironimus.

Lund-Horsemen+in+Yakima.JPG

That's a major red flag when Patterson's friends who knew Gimlin won't vouch for him.

Guest OntarioSquatch

BobG doesn't seem to want to use strong words. Maybe it's just who he is. He seems to still have respect for BobH. Not much of a red flag for me, although I do find it strange his friend can't really vouch for him. Although it could be because his friend doesn't know a whole lot more about the events than we do.

Edited by OntarioSquatch
SweatyYeti

The most skeptical question I would like to ask Bob Gimlin...is...

"Why didn't you BLAST it's Hairy Hide??!"...

bugsbunny7.jpg

Edited by SweatyYeti
roguefooter

Another question for you Kit-

How well did John Ballard know Gimlin to be able to vouch for his honesty?

Guest BFSleuth

So just how long did Bob G's career as a 'used car salesman' last, Kit?

I need a hint....

Did it last long enough to call it a career?

SweatyYeti

Most importantly.....was Bob Gimlin an honest car salesman....or a dishonest car salesman....or........both????? It really matters...

I don't know kit. It doesn't seem all that incriminating to me and I'm not emotionally invested in the validity of the PGF.

I think it is real as it appears as much and has withstood over 40 years of scrutiny.

Plus, if I go by appearances alone, BG just looks more credible than BH. One could construe the comments of Ballard as favorable towards BG if they weren't pre-disposed to think otherwise.

I know that isn't an fair assessment, regarding appearances of the two, so don't put an lot of stock/weight towards it but it is the truth from my perspective.

BG just looks and sounds credible. BH not so much.

Guest OntarioSquatch

lol I think so too. It's the feeling I get when I listen to them speak.

kitakaze

Peggy Marx just looks and Sounds credible. This grey-haired woman on the left is a sweet old grandmother who will look you in the eye and tell you in detail about the day she was there when her husband filmed Bigfoot...

bigfoot-research051605.jpg

She's a female Gimlin. She swears it's the truth and she will defend her deceased husband against accusations of hoaxing with her every breath. Is that sweet, matronly woman who has worked tirelessly for the protection of animals a Bigfoot hoaxer filling our ears with deception?

roguefooter

Kit since you brought it up here I'll ask you again-

Guest BFSleuth

Peggy Marx just looks and Sounds credible. This grey-haired woman on the left is a sweet old grandmother who will look you in the eye and tell you in detail about the day she was there when her husband filmed Bigfoot...

bigfoot-research051605.jpg

She's a female Gimlin. She swears it's the truth and she will defend her deceased husband against accusations of hoaxing with her every breath. Is that sweet, matronly woman who has worked tirelessly for the protection of animals a Bigfoot hoaxer filling our ears with deception?

Kit, I'm not sure I'm following this....

.... you start a thread asking about the most skeptical question anyone has ever put to Gimlin, Puff comments that he basically believes Gimlin over BH, and you reply with...

... assassinating the character of .... Peggy Marx?????

Huh? :startle:

kitakaze

Kit since you brought it up here I'll ask you again-

Both Ballard and Gimlin were two of Patterson's closest friends, except Ballard knew Patterson longer and was closely associated with him since the age of 24. Ballard used to build miniature stage coaches with Patterson before he went into Bigfoot as a full-time pursuit. He was thirty at the time of the South Fork film. Ballard considered Patterson to be like a brother to him and visited him in the hospital four times just prior to his death, including on the same day Gimlin claims he visited Roger the day before his death and reconciled with Gimlin. Ballard was also close with another good friend of Patterson, Jerry Merritt, with whome he recorded a song. All the men seen in the cowboy photo of the South Fork documentary were a close group of friends that Patterson brought in promising to make money for them with the film. Ballard provided four of the horses for that film, not including the two horses Bob Heironimus and his brother Howard brought with them.

Ballard specifically thought that the film was likely a hoax and that he thought it was fairly obvious Roger was hoaxing Bigfoot in Yakima and surrounding areas, but he would never confront Patterson about it because he didn't want to force Patterson to lie and said he would not respect him any less if he was a hoaxer. Why exactly Ballard would not vouvh for Gimlin while saying he was very nice and a smooth-talker is unknown because for whatever reason. Long chose not to pursue it. These are one of the things I encourage you to ask Long yourself when you get around to calling him yourself. Also, if you would like a definitive answer from Ballard himself how well he knew Gimlin and why he would not vouch for Gimlin's honesty, I will be happy to provide you the necessary information to contact and ask him yourself via PM.

• gigantor unlocked this topic