Albert Ostman

Guest OntarioSquatch

The trouble I always had with his story was he said he was scooped up in the middle of the night while in his sleeping bag but then later he has all his gear with him while with the Squatches. Did he have all that in his sleeping bag with him?

SSR Team

Mats > Nests is just semantics.

Ostman was a man who had English not as his native tongue.

That has to be considered when listening to his descriptions of details like that.

The trouble I always had with his story was he said he was scooped up in the middle of the night while in his sleeping bag but then later he has all his gear with him while with the Squatches. Did he have all that in his sleeping bag with him?

Yes, I think so.  I read a longer version of an interview a while back including more details on earlier parts of his trip.   He was out there longer before getting grabbed than I realized.   It might have been in John Green's "Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us".  Only guessing about that since I'm reading it now.  Could have been a web site somewhere, too.

MIB

Hello MIB,

Glad to her you're reading that one. It's on of the best if you ask me. Mr.Green never to this day has seen one. And even though there is some bias for existence? Overall I find a good level of objectivity as well. You're gonna like it.

Yes, I think so.  I read a longer version of an interview a while back including more details on earlier parts of his trip.   He was out there longer before getting grabbed than I realized.   It might have been in John Green's "Sasquatch: The Apes Among Us".  Only guessing about that since I'm reading it now.  Could have been a web site somewhere, too.

MIB

He said he put some stuff in the sleeping bag with him, like his gun, but he must have had all his food and his coffee pot in there as well.

He was missing stuff from his camp for a few days, and suspected porquipines. So he kept what he could in his bag. I think he worried they would gnaw on the rifle stock. Also his boots due to the salt in the leather.

Here is a possible example from Raincoast Sasquatch of them weaving cedar bark and other branches. 

I believe the native people in Ostman's area also made mats or cloth at least out of cedar.  It doesn't seem much of a stretch to me for them to weave cedar bark pulled out of a tree or the natives leaving them as gifts.  I would assume they would probably be crude by human standards if a Bigfoot made them but it would still be a mat.

• Upvote 1

^Very cool Bob, thanks for the link.

@BobbyO - yeah, I can see how a 'mat' and a 'nest' would be the same thing.

I just envision, you know, a woven mat like this:

img_8711.jpg

SSR Team

Both could be described as something that could be used to sleep on/in I think.

I agree and had never thought of that!  It's a real good point.

Here's a film where Mr. Green was asked about the Ostman story if the mods don't mind a video on this thread.  He's asked right near the beginning.

t.

Hello Terry,

Hey bud, thanks for a great video. Mr. Green is the MAN! Pretty humorous guy too. Made me smile.

Edited by hiflier