Please Explain...theories?

I have been reading these threads for quite while and I can't quite wrap my head around all of the various theories about Patterson, Gimlin, and Heironomous (and a bunch of other people who I don't know who they are or how they fit in the story). There is so much conflicting information and bickering, it's been impossible for me to figure out the players and their motives in all this.

Can someone succinctly describe to me the various theories around the hoax scenario? I don't need tons of quotes or photos or "proof", just a clear understanding of who is who and why it matters. Bullet points would be great! Thank you.

kitakaze

I will do this for you, maddog, in very short bullet point form. Give me a bit and I will have it for you today.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I would like to throw in that the Bob Heironimus in a suit theory hangs on a pretty weak string. Especially considering Philip Morris says he made the suit:

• Heironimus says he was told by his brother Howard that Patterson claimed he manufactured the suit from a "real dark brown" horse hide.[58]
  • Morris reports that the suit was a rather expensive ($450) dark brown model with fur made of Dynel, a synthetic material. Long writes that Morris "used Dynel solely in the sixties--and was using brown Dynel in 1967".[59]
  • Heironimus described the suit as having no metal pieces and an upper "torso part" that he donned "like putting on a T-shirt."[60] At Bluff Creek he put on "the top."[61] Asked about the "bottom portion," he guessed it was cinched with a drawstring.
  • Morris made a one-piece union suit with a metal zipper up the back, and into which one stepped.[62]
  • Heironimus described the suit as having hands and feet that were attached to the arms and legs.
  • Morris made a suit whose hands and feet were separate pieces. Long speculates that Patterson riveted or glued these parts to the suit, but offers no evidence to support this idea.

Add that to the analysis of the film done by many experts and the fact that the film hasn't been recreatable to this day and you got yourself a real bigfoot...

Thanks Ontario! So believers that the PGF creature is real think Heironomous is lying about wearing the suit. And he did this for...fame? And believers in a Patterson hoax accept Heironomous' story and think Morris made the suit which was modified by Patterson. Okay, got it. One down!

What is the deal with Gimlin?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Still alive. Respectful towards BobH. Sticks to the original story to this day. Speaks at bigfoot conferences.

edit: Yehawwwwwwwww!

Edited by OntarioSquatch

So Bob H and Bob G are friends of sorts. But Bob G believes he saw an actual bigfoot that day and his friend Bob H says he was in a suit that day. Weird.

kitakaze

And they now live nine doors from each other. The only man on Earth ever to publicly claim to be the man in the Patty suit lives nine doors from Gimlin, was his trusted friend for years even though Heironimus being in the suit was common knowledge in the Yakima community during that time, and when an investigator came knocking on Heironimus' doorstep nine doors from Gimlin, Heironimus denied involvement in the film by Roger Patterson below shot in may 1967 where you see Gimlin in the wig and his friend Heironimus side-by-side (Heironimus on the far right in the black vest), Heironimus on his horse Chico that Gimlin was forced to admit he was riding at Bluff Creek...

Lund-Horsemen+in+Yakima.JPG

Guest OntarioSquatch

Heironimus on his horse Chico that Gimlin was forced to admit he was riding at Bluff Creek...

:huh: As far as i know, Bob Gimlin never admitted such a thing. But if he did, please feel free to post the source(s). It would be major evidence for the hoax theory.

Edited by OntarioSquatch
Guest OntarioSquatch

Kit. Some things about the film will need to be explained before I see the PGF as a hoax.

Patty's bones and muscles would be a good start...

The suit theory seems almost impossible to me. Maybe some extremely hairy and deformed person would explain it? lol

roguefooter

:huh: As far as i know, Bob Gimlin never admitted such a thing. But if he did, please feel free to post the source(s). It would be major evidence for the hoax theory.

Major evidence for the hoax theory? It's already common knowledge and nothing unusual. They borrowed a horse from Heironimus before they left for Bluff Creek because they needed a horse. Heironimus was a neighbor and had horses.

It wasn't an extra horse, it was a horse for Gimlin to ride. Had it been an extra horse then it would be unusual, but it wasn't.

kitakaze
Heironimus was a neighbor...

Is that so? Not just a friend, not just a Patterson film cast member, but in 1967 a neighbour as well? Tell us all about this, Rogue.

It wasn't an extra horse, it was a horse for Gimlin to ride.

But Gimlin went to Mt. St. Helen's right before that because he had horses that needed riding in the mountains. Why does he need Heironimus' horse? Why not borrow a horse from John Ballard? Ballard supplied four of the horses used n the South Fork film. Why not use his? Maybe like Tonka here - a grey mottled horse such as descriibed by Heironimus being ridden by Roger when Gimlin used Chico...

896149ab1a3ecb321.jpg

Tonka - perfectly sized for Roger, and great big Chico - perfectly sized for a little Gimlin to share with a large Heironimus when they need to bring just two horses, not three.

Bam.

roguefooter
Is that so? Not just a friend, not just a Patterson film cast member, but in 1967 a neighbour as well? Tell us all about this, Rogue.

That's all there is to it, unless you think connections somehow puts Heironimus at Bluff Creek. If that's the case then we'll throw all of Patterson and Gimlin's other friends into the suit too- like John Ballard.

But Gimlin went to Mt. St. Helen's right before that because he had horses that needed riding in the mountains. Why does he need Heironimus' horse? Why not borrow a horse from John Ballard? Ballard supplied four of the horses used n the South Fork film. Why not use his?

Because life isn't predetermined and he wasn't under any obligation to?

• Upvote 1
  • gigantor unlocked this topic