Thermal Imager

Guest Lone Squatcher

Guest Lone Squatcher

I bought a thermal imager.

Check it out.

http://www.x20.org/low-cost-thermal-imager-x-250-infrared-camera

I'm going to have a great squatching season.

All I need now is 4 ir cameras with monitors and dvr and my ultimate sasquatch research kit will be complete, again.

Should I get one of those laser beam perimeter kits, like the one you see on destination truth.

Here is what I have in my kit.

1 X thermal imager

1 X bionic ear parabolic mic with digital audio recorder on tripod

1 X digital Audio recorder with shotgun mic on tripod, it actually works better than the bionic ear.

4 X IR game cams with video and still pic option with bear boxes

1 X megaphone with digital audio device on tripod, loaded with sasquatch calls for call blasting

1 X night vision goggles with video and audio recording capabilities

1 X dvd sony camcorder with tripod

1 X hd dash mount camera

2 X cannon GL2 video cameras with shotgun mics, wireless lavaliere mics and tripods

1 x still camera

1 X mini tape recorder

1 x ikam extreme glasses with video and audio recording

1 X GPS

1 X GPS Tracker for emergency search and rescue

1 X evidence collection kit, including casting powder

It all packs nicely on my quad for gaining access to remote areas.

Anyone wanna go squatch'n?

Guest brucescotland

I am so so Jelous! if i wasnt around 4000miles away id be out with you like a shot!!

Good luck mate - be sure and let us know how you get on, no matter how uneventfull it maybee!

Impressive! And when you've grown bored with it all you can sell it and buy a Lamborghini :) Seriously that's more equipment than any of those shows carry, including "Finding BF" Where are you going out at?

Admin

Lone Squatcher, can I go squatching with you?! :lol:

Please?

Edited by gigantor

With all of that you should contract yourself out to the CIA or better yet the NSA. Seriously though, i think a perimeter laser set up would just be one more thing that would stick out in the woods. You can allways make a "natural" perimeter alarm out of sticks and small tree limbs and cover them with leaves and such. Then sit back and listen for that "crack". As Far as Destination Truth goes, it is one my favorite show on TV. Those are some seriously smart and talented people. Josh is hysterical. Fact or faked is even more interesting. They can recreate just about every case they get, but they have a seemingly endless budget and can use any type of equipment they want no matter the cost which makes it a little easier. Sorry, i got a little off the topic.

SSR Team

Lone Squatcher, can I go squatching with you?! :lol:

Please?

No one can go with him, that's why he's the " Lone Squatcher "..;)

@Lone {& anyone else}: If you are interested in a budget version of the laser perimeter thing, check the book, "101 SPY GADGETS FOR THE EVIL GENIUS", by Brad Graham & Kathy McGowan. I have a first edition copy, but I believe there is a second edition now available.

That book has several electronic projects in it, besides the 'perimeter' thing. I purchased the book for the video projects in it, for possible use with KAP {Kite Aerial Photography} & KAV {Kite Aerial Video}.

The book was suggested to me by another squatcher who has the book & knows more about electronics that I do, & who knows I was looking for low-cost video for KAP & KAV.

Edited by Kite-Squatch

Guest Lone Squatcher

A show is next on my list.

It will have a different format than `Finding Bigfoot`

There`s more to Sasquatch research than screaming in the bush at night. Sorry Matt.

Besides, if you can get into an area with anything bigger than an ATV, it more than likely is not worth going to.

I`m looking for 3 people.

Anyone interested

Edited by Lone Squatcher

Nowadays, these kids, they take out everything. Radar, sonar, electric toothbrushes.

Yeah, that's real fine, expensive gear you've brought out here. I don't know what that ******* bigfoot's gonna do with it. Might eat it, I suppose.

Guest poignant

A show is next on my list.

It will have a different format than `Finding Bigfoot`

There`s more to Sasquatch research than screaming in the bush at night. Sorry Matt.

Besides, if you can get into an area with anything bigger than an ATV, it more than likely is not worth going to.

I`m looking for 3 people.

Anyone interested

As a start, you could tell everyone here which area you're planning to investigate.

Tom Brown Jr. of the Tracker School teaches something called 'sensing presence'. He did this with a number of units that survived Viet Nam on this account.

The idea is that you can sense a trip wire or the like without actually seeing it. Takes practice but *most of all* awareness. Now if a human can do this in the forest, can BF?? Betcha they can, which is why they avoid trail cams and the like. You might want to think about that. Perhaps set up a few bits of technology as decoys for example. Its my opinion that FB/FB is right- its only when they screw up that we see them. (most of the time....).

Guest poignant

Interesting. Sounds like it has to do with the subconscious mind processing leftover visual information (like a stack overload processed by a secondary level).