Thermal Imager

Guest Lone Squatcher

Guest BFSleuth

If you google search "bigfoot field research strategy, vehicle as a blind" you will find some interesting information about using a vehicle as your "video blind".

BF will approach lone vehicles at night. There are numerous reports of people sleeping in their vehicles or pickup truck beds and having some frightening encounters. Having cameras and audio equipment set up in a vehicle would not then "tip off" the BF the same way as if you set out camera traps. It has been noted in other threads that BF may have faster perceptual ability to catalogue their surroundings, so if there is something out of place such as a camera trap, then it is quickly noticed and I think they certainly make the connection it has to do with humans and they take great caution with it. However, if they are approaching vehicles as a matter of normal behavior in search of potential food, then having a camera inside is an excellent way to go. The vehicle itself is out of place, but the contents of the vehicle is "all human" so they may not make the connection that there is something different about this vehicle.

Of course, you should remove the bumper sticker that says, "Filming In Progress".... :)

Edited by BFSleuth
Remove link to outside blog

Nice thermal, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? As for your kit, man, there's some serious stuff in there, I hope your investment pays off for you.

Nowadays, these kids, they take out everything. Radar, sonar, electric toothbrushes.

Yeah, that's real fine, expensive gear you've brought out here. I don't know what that ******* bigfoot's gonna do with it. Might eat it, I suppose.

Brilliant! :laugh:

Guest Lone Squatcher

Nice dude! You should just start your own show, you obviously can afford it.

Don't get the impression that I'm rich guys, cause I'm far from it. I make $29 per hour in private industry as a fire forensics investigator. I work lots of overtime. My wife gets my regular cheque and my overtime is for me. I had to work a lot of overtime to buy this equipment.

What general geographic area of research are you planning to work in?

I generally work in Alberta and BC, for the show I will cover all of Canada.

Nice thermal, if you don't mind me asking, how much did that set you back? As for your kit, man, there's some serious stuff in there, I hope your investment pays off for you.

Brilliant! :laugh:

The thermal was 2499.00 US Funds, delivered within 24 hours.

Guest Particle Noun

Dude, that would be a great Web series, if nothing else! I say go for it!

I like your style. Nothing like hard work to get the things you want. Better than asking Wally Hersom to pay for it. jk

I bought a thermal imager.

Check it out.

http://www.x20.org/l...infrared-camera

I'm going to have a great squatching season.

All I need now is 4 ir cameras with monitors and dvr and my ultimate sasquatch research kit will be complete, again.

Should I get one of those laser beam perimeter kits, like the one you see on destination truth.

Here is what I have in my kit.

1 X thermal imager

1 X bionic ear parabolic mic with digital audio recorder on tripod

1 X digital Audio recorder with shotgun mic on tripod, it actually works better than the bionic ear.

4 X IR game cams with video and still pic option with bear boxes

1 X megaphone with digital audio device on tripod, loaded with sasquatch calls for call blasting

1 X night vision goggles with video and audio recording capabilities

1 X dvd sony camcorder with tripod

1 X hd dash mount camera

2 X cannon GL2 video cameras with shotgun mics, wireless lavaliere mics and tripods

1 x still camera

1 X mini tape recorder

1 x ikam extreme glasses with video and audio recording

1 X GPS

1 X GPS Tracker for emergency search and rescue

1 X evidence collection kit, including casting powder

It all packs nicely on my quad for gaining access to remote areas.

Anyone wanna go squatch'n?

Thats a pretty good list, I have most of the same stuff myself , but using it all at once is quite a juggling act. :D

Guest WIWolfman

Lonesquatcher - Thats great you work hard for your money $29/hour is not bad, and I'm sure it adds up (along with a nice career). But yeah, I suppose if you are really interested in doing something that you love who's to hold you back, unless it is the wife of course? :) My ball and chain is not allowed into my banking account, since I make the lo,t I usually take care of it, crazy how one who controls your account allows you to play with the overtime money, whereas a lot of these women would take some for themselves nowadays!

$2500 for the therm, eh? I would love to buy one as well. How does that work for you?

Guest Lone Squatcher

Thats a pretty good list, I have most of the same stuff myself , but using it all at once is quite a juggling act. :D

I utilize all me equipment every time I go out. Some equipment is stationary and some I carry on my person. It's not all that difficult to manage.

$2500 for the therm, eh? I would love to buy one as well. How does that work for you?

It works awsome, I would have to even say it works better than the ones on T.V. It seems to be more detailed, At 1000 feet you can tell even what kind of clothes a person is wearing.

It's F'in awsome, I love it.

That's a steal for 2500! I was looking at some FLIR binocs with video/still rec and like 30X zoom and they were like 16,000 US dollars, almost the price of a car! Yeah I gotta agree with the statement someone made that squatches know what's different in their woods, you're better off with whatever you can conceal on your body. I wonder if anyone has come up with a cologne that mimics the foul smell of a squatch so they can't smell you in their woods(??)

Very nice. I have a few links to some very nice Thermals, FLIR's, and very nice tracking equipment that I'll be using on my next expedition next summer.

Guest thermalman

Looks like a nice little camera. You will have lots of fun with it. Just one tip....take some thermal training courses for better thermal interpretation.

Dang! I coulda had a thermal....! Instead I got a sound system (comparably priced) for my pool, I hear tell squatches are attracted to music tho :)

Guest Lone Squatcher

A show is next on my list.

It will have a different format than `Finding Bigfoot`

There`s more to Sasquatch research than screaming in the bush at night. Sorry Matt.

Besides, if you can get into an area with anything bigger than an ATV, it more than likely is not worth going to.

I`m looking for 3 people.

Anyone interested

I'm no longer looking for 3 people.

Show format to come.

Production startes in July.

Guest thermalman

I'm no longer looking for 3 people.

Show format to come.

Production startes in July.

Good luck on your project. If you feel you need any interpretation of thermal images.....email them to me and I will do my best on squeezing the details out of them, as I have two very good thermal programs that I work with for my images.

Dave