What About Bf That Totally Gets To You?

georgerm

For me, BF theory is a platform from which to hypothesize the world of early humans, and so gives insight to what we are now. I'm impressed by how paleoanthropology has evolved to support the idea of other-humans existing along with modern humans. One thing that gets me is that field research so often seems to go about as if these presumed pre-modern humans are just some other species of animals and like other non-human animals they supposedly are not aware of how we humans, in the act of searching for them, might act in special, distinctive and furtive manners, and so not take into account the likelihood that they would know how to elude us when we are in their own domain and pitted against their presumably life long learning of how to negotiate what would be to them a very familiar environment. We see a lot of movies where search teams always get their man but in reality we aren't all that good at it. Even Eric Rudolph eluded for two years the most massive and high tech manhunt ever conducted.Cheers.

BFF Patron

Yeah I'm reminded of the Eric Robert Rudolph and downed fighter pilot behind enemy lines scenario's everyday and it gives me pause to think how Needle in a Haystack the whole durn thing is...

So do they accidentally slip up or consciously slip up when sighted, bigfoot finds you ... you don't find them or what?

I do know they are capable of silent footfalls and only the crunch of a single leaf will sometimes give them away.... to me that is quite spooky. At other times it seems like they purposely step on every breakable stick in the woods, what's up with that, or are they just carrying under arm a ready supply of the best cracking sticks in the woods?

I do know Eric Rudolph didn't use portals unless it was a portapotty... if BF uses portals then why does it have to tiptoe?

Edited by bipedalist

My first experience 50 years ago convinced me they were out there. I have been trying to find out why and how and who or what they are for the past few years. Just learning as much as I can and helping others when I can along the way. Everything about these guys is a huge enigma.

addendum to my earlier response... I want to know how come we can't see them when they are right there. I want to know what that science is and I want to find a way to see them.

Bipedalist, I too have often wondered how that sometimes one of them can break every stick while walking through the woods like a heard of elephants, and then one can sneak up to within just a few feet of you as if on butterfly wings. Then snap a branch and run ayay as if to say "look how close I just got to you".

BFF Patron

Yep, there is just something about their "gotcha" sense of humor, just hope they are not implicated in kidnapping in that same respect ... ala recent book discussions... nothing humoring about those elements at all. Guess it's one thing to be out a Zagnut, but out a child, another matter altogether.

Edited by bipedalist

You know how in the American Southwest they have found evidence of cannibalism in the cliff dwellings and maybe Anasazi ruins? I have wondered if it was them eating each other in a famine situation, some kind of religious matter, as with the Aztecs, or maybe unwelcome visitors of another species.

Someone asked me a few years ago if I believed in them. I had never really given it much thought. Then one day I decided to Google "Bigfoot". From that day until now I read everything I can find about them. I have been reading the BFF for a long time now and just decided to join so that I can continue to keep up after the famous DNA paper comes out (assuming it ever does-which I believe it will but that's another thread!) What would I do if I came to the BFF and due to the increased interest, I couldn't read the posts! That would be devastating to me! I had to join!

I am not sure why I have this craving to know....Maybe just the mystery of it? The thought of a society of intelligent beings living among us is just fascinating! So fascinating that even those scientific minded folks who base everything on concrete facts and evidence are drawn here everyday to continue to discuss it...even though they don't believe it exists!

Whatever "It" is about bigfoot....I am hooked. They talk about folks that have drank the Ketchum kool aid? Well, I guess I have drank the Sasquatch kool aid...and I am addicted to it! Before you know it, I will be asking for a Thermal Imager for Christmas.

So do they accidentally slip up or consciously slip up when sighted, bigfoot finds you ... you don't find them or what?

I do know they are capable of silent footfalls and only the crunch of a single leaf will sometimes give them away.... to me that is quite spooky. At other times it seems like they purposely step on every breakable stick in the woods, what's up with that, or are they just carrying under arm a ready supply of the best cracking sticks in the woods?

When your life depends on it an you are in a forest, you can become much more aware that you might have had any idea. For example, if you are aware of concentric rings of alarm calls from other animals, you can know if someone has entered the forest even though they might be 3 miles away. Its nothing magic but it is about knowing how the forest creatures react and being aware of it. However, maintaining that level of awareness is tiring, and sometimes its nice to let down your guard. Presto- sighting... (the encounter I had really seemed like they were up to something, so I am sure there is more than one explanation.)

I am sure the stick breaking is quite deliberate (intimidation or 'I am here')! They obviously know how to be quiet.

addendum to my earlier response... I want to know how come we can't see them when they are right there. I want to know what that science is and I want to find a way to see them.

The best way to answer this is to take classes at the Tracker School which are taught by the founder, Tom Brown Jr. You will have to take enough of the prerequisite classes so that you can take the Scout 1 and Scout 2 classes. In these classes are taught natural camouflage and 'invisibility' techniques that seem very similar to those reported in many of the BF sightings (plus a lot more - this is the tip of the iceberg). TBJr likes to see about 90-95% success rates in his classes and gets pretty POed when they fall short of that; IOW he has excellent techniques/exercises he's developed to really reduce his own possibility of failure in that regard.... and they are *not* some sort of New Age mumbo jumbo. That is to say they can be taught to anyone and are quite repeatable.

The result of these classes show why people can get BF on camera more often by chance- they might look right at them but not seem them, only to later discover that the camera recorded their location. You see this all the time in videos posted on YT by Timbergiantbigfoot.

Edited by salubrious

Someone asked me a few years ago if I believed in them. I had never really given it much thought. Then one day I decided to Google "Bigfoot". From that day until now I read everything I can find about them. I have been reading the BFF for a long time now and just decided to join so that I can continue to keep up after the famous DNA paper comes out (assuming it ever does-which I believe it will but that's another thread!) What would I do if I came to the BFF and due to the increased interest, I couldn't read the posts! That would be devastating to me! I had to join!

I am not sure why I have this craving to know....Maybe just the mystery of it? The thought of a society of intelligent beings living among us is just fascinating! So fascinating that even those scientific minded folks who base everything on concrete facts and evidence are drawn here everyday to continue to discuss it...even though they don't believe it exists!

Whatever "It" is about bigfoot....I am hooked. They talk about folks that have drank the Ketchum kool aid? Well, I guess I have drank the Sasquatch kool aid...and I am addicted to it! Before you know it, I will be asking for a Thermal Imager for Christmas.

This sums it up for me. I'm hooked on seeing one and would like to make friends with one......................long shot. The thought that some are mean like an ol' cranky dog would not be cool. The desire to explore their environment and to search for clues is enchanting. The desire to see one and interact is driving.

Guest Peter O.

I identify with a lot of what you guys have already mentioned. When I was a kid, I saw the Bigfoot episode of "In Search Of" with Leonard Nimoy. I was totally afraid, but we lived in the city so that went away ;-) Not prime BF habitat after all.

It sort of remained in the back of my mind, but I didn't really give it much though until I started hiking a lot, a couple of years ago, and with a vivid imagination I started thinking about BF again. Then I ran across all of the websites, of course.

As for BF, it most fascinates me that it's likely to be a proto-human or a co-evolved hominid/hominin. How cool would that be! Yet, it would also be different than us and be able to give us perspective on our own evolution and existence--it's like finding alien life, but right here on our own planet!

As an avid outdoorsperson, there's also the fascination with living one's existence in nature. I'll leave you with this quote from, IIRC, a former park ranger:

"He's a monster, he'll eat anything, alive, dead, fresh, rotten.... He's a survivor... mobile, quick, fast, and strong.... Anybody who sees a slow Sasquatch is not in the ball park.... He's got no limits, climbs any mountain, swims any river. He's got no barriers.... Not an endangered species, thats us.... He can pull down big game on the run or by stealth, like a cougar.... He can lay down a light track or spring like a deer.... Has a lot of humor, yet restraint.... Rocks cars and cabins, but lets folks go.... We agonize, he couldn't care less.... An opportunist at the top of the food chain, in great shape--he's got it made! Adapted to cutover lands, lives a good rugged existence.... He's got no need for wages, lives off the fat of the land, and pays no taxes!"

Bigfoot's got it made! :-D

• Upvote 1

Guest BFSleuth

I didn't get involved with the BF phenomenon until just a few years ago, doing internet searches after watching some of the BF shows. I discovered the BFRO web site, then read a report that sounded awfully familiar. Turns out it was my older brother's sighting and I was on the camping trip (I heard the commotion but chalked it up to the older kids trying to scare the younger kids)! I then talked to my brother about it and that's what got me going. Since then I've had the opportunity to talk with some eyewitnesses and there is no doubt in my mind BF is real.

Guest Peter O.

Oh, fyi, I can be pretty opinionated about various evidence, but what keeps me believing is the amount and quality of eyewitness accounts.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Me too. No doubt in my mind it's real. To dismiss thousands of sightings as hoaxes and misidentification doesn't seem right.

Guest hoosiersquatch

For me, it's the mystery of the unknown. To think that there is actually a huge unknown primate living in the forests and other wild places of our world is a bit intoxicating. And then once you start researching it and come to the conclusion, as I did, that these animals are real is incredible! I keep wondering how our society will react once the existence of these creatures is confirmed to the general public. As we keep encroaching on their habitat encounters with them will become more and more common. I hope they have patience with us.

• masterbarber locked this topic