How Fast Can Bigfoot Run?

Guest Tontar

Are we considering the 4 x 4 mode that some people claim to witness happening? Kinda like an autobot.

No fair, the above post was not there when I typed this.

Edited by arizonabigfoot

Guest parnassus

Strength = Power/ Acceleration

not unless "Strength" = momentum.

because power = F x V (force x velocity),

if S= Strength and a = acceleration,

then your S=F V/a,

but F/a=mass (m)

therefore your S = m V, but m V=momentum.

ie ? Strength = momentum ? Doesn't make sense. physics 101. Where'd you get that?

also, do you subscribe to the "midtarsal break" hypothesis? How can a massive bipedal animal transmit massive propulsive force to the forefoot/toes without a rigid arch? do you have any model, scheme, idea for how this could work? Do you think that massive flat feet are nature's recipe for superior speed (and agility) in a biped? how would that work?

p.

Edited by parnassus

Guest Boolywooger

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the MK Davis White Bigfoot video. If authentic it shows a bigfoot matching a sprinter's speed at a walk (one foot on the ground at all times). So how fast would it have been able to move if it would have actually broken into a run? Forty mph doesn't seem outside of the realm of possibility to me.

Edited by Boolywooger

A good number of reports have described them moving very fast when they need to. I'll just go with the reports from those who have reportedly seen them in action. 25% faster than humans doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

The mid-tarsal joint is not written in stone IMO.

perhaps researchers should carry radar guns instead of FLIR equipment?

pgf comparison? .....well, i sort of use this for perspective, by comparing my wife & mother in law. ( yeah, dangerous territory lol)

the wife is 40 -ish medium tall,slim & a former runner /cross country athlete.

the mother in law....well, she isnt....70ish, not very tall, sort of heavy.

same species, same genetics, DNA etc , but in a race between them mom in law is gonna get smoked thanks to age & physical condition.

maybe patty is the Bf version of the mother in law. i think they may be pretty quick otherwise.

I would think that bigfoot wouldn't be that fast because it doesn't need to be. Not only are there claims of how fast they are, but how smart they are... we seem to be forgetting that possible aspect of the creature. We humans can't run 40 MPH because we don't need to. Our intelligence allows us to capture and hunt animals that are much faster than we are. I think it's the same for bigfoot.

Before the advent of shooting weapons such as bows and guns, we humans used our intelligence and cooperation to hunt. Send a few individuals to drive the herd of deer into a pass, or a mammoth into a canyon. There, the remaining members would await to ambush the prey animals with rocks, spears or other simple impliments.

If bigfoot is as intelligent as has been reported, all they need to be able to do is run fast enough to drive their quarry into an ambush. This is assuming that they're at least as smart as wolves, lions or other animals that are smart enough to use cooperative efforts and ambush techniques.

my hang up on BF being slow is this. if i wasnt hoaxed or mistaken whoever i saw was fast....got the heck outta dodge pronto.

probably my biggest hang up on the pgf is the lack of running. maybe patty is old & fat......or fake, IDK. (duck, i hear the calvary)

1 film of a possible slow BF vs multiple reports containing rapid exit......& considering most wild potential predators are somewhat speedy i figure they may not be "Flash" fast,but probably "animal quick."

Guest tirademan

I've found many old reports describing them as very, very fast. Also at least one where they describe it speeding up when going down on all fours. Overall, many reports of them running on all fours.

Most humans underestimate sasquatch's physical capabilities...what you think they should be able to do means squat.

5 feet tall...allegedly kept up with a horse.

tirademan

CA1873WildmanChasesRiderShotsFired.jpg

Edited by tirademan

BFF Patron

....perhaps researchers should carry radar guns instead of FLIR equipment?

I've got a visual Houston......

Can you spell b-u-s-t-e-d

Bonneville Salt Flats BF speed test, take 1, mach 2

Edited by bipedalist

Tirademan,

Thanks good info. Also, a past member has told about a sighting he and his bro had years ago. He said when they want to move really, really fast, they do it on all fours.

BFF Patron

What the heck is that thing?

Dang sorry, got the text for the BF "speed of thought" test confused with the land speed test.......

j/k

true answer (looks like military surplus that is heavily pegged in the ground): DK

Edited by bipedalist

Guest OntarioSquatch

I've read several sighting reports that mention quadrupedal running:

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=28781 - estimated 35 mph

http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=5681

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=28301 - chasing deer through cemetery

http://www.bfro.net/...rt.asp?id=26396

BFS, you seem to know the reports like the back of your hand lol. I find the first one really interesting, how it ran 35mph quadrupedally. The third one too, how it was chasing the deer on all fours. Could it be they run faster on all fours?