How Fast Can Bigfoot Run?

Guest Tontar

Guest parnassus

I find many reports not only tangible, but compelling. Skeptics often actually escalate the status of Bigfoot and its surrounding "culture", in order to make it sound like spotting Bigfoot has become somewhat like a fictional "where's waldo". They like to claim all the attention the subject gets contributes to the game. I am sure on some levels this is true. However, over all, I think its the other way around. Its the very number of reliable sightings that actually fuels the "culture".

I do not keep close track(pardon the pun), of tracks or casts. Most people are content to photograph, or otherwise document tracks rather than cast them. I myself am not overly fond of hauling around the material to cast tracks, on the slim chance I might find a good enough track or two to cast.

It will be interesting to have a good look at the casts made recently from the long clay track way. Considering the substrate, and the shear number of casts Tontar, you have to admit, its exciting, we should get a pretty good overall idea of foot flexibility, toe placement, ect.

Yes I think there is a lot of tangible, compelling evidence out there,enough to warrant investigation, and research. I don't need that solid "block" of proof. I do not believe every witness is a liar, or deranged, or "fooled" by circumstance.

I do not believe I know more, or am smarter than Krantz,Meldrum, Bindernagel, or any other number of reputable people who know far more about some things than I do.

I do believe there are a number of witness's out there who are accurately describing what they saw. I do believe that a number of prints out there are authentic, and something left them there. I do believe some of the audio evidence out there is amazing.

So you see......I don't require that "block" of proof, there is plenty of evidence, even if fifty percent of it is fake, misidentified, delusional, or an out right lie, there is still, plenty of evidence that something unknown is out there.

Where's Waldo is not the way I would describe. With Waldo, we know there is a Waldo in the picture somewhere.

as far as getting attention goes, what did you think of the videos from the Richland convention, available at Bigfoot Lunch Club?

which reliable "sightings" (I take it you mean "reports") are you referring to? I don't know of a single one.

I quote: "I do not believe I know more, or am smarter than Krantz,Meldrum, Bindernagel, or any other number of reputable people who know far more about some things than I do."

Yet they have all been hoaxed.

If you think that 50% of evidence could be fake, misidentified, delusional, or an out right lie, then that is an amazingly large percentage and a very frequent issue. I am curious as to why that wouldn't lead you to believe that all such reports, 100%, could be inaccurate? because, since none have ever proven true, that is what a statistician would tell you... and evidently you realize that eyewitnesses make mistakes when frightened, impaired, ill, intoxicated, drunk, or hallucinating? and the percentage of the population susceptible to these conditions is much greater than the percentage who have made reports? not to mention the fact that everyone lies? Just sayin, "all false" is the best explanation we've got.

imho.

p.

Edited by parnassus

Again Tontar you drag out the fringe,and attempt to link Bigfoot with totally unrelated thing. The other crypt ids you use as examples do not have the volume of evidence that Bigfoot has. There are far less eye witness accounts,no foot prints, no audio, etc. As for the hoaxing scenario's, some of them are plausible, but many are not. People do hoax's for them to be discovered, and sometimes Bigfoot evidence turns up, that it was nothing more than pure luck the evidence was discovered at all.

Tontar it is not a question of faith in science,its an observation,science does not always warm to new idea's, or discoveries for that matter, easily. I personally know a few good scientist,and many other highly academic people,and many of them would agree that science can be "set in its ways" Just google scientific discoveries that met with resistance.

Dont take this as I am " down on science", I am just presenting a realistic view of some of its history. It is not intended as a critique, it is simply the way it is. There is no doubt in my mind, that if Bigfoot exist, sooner or later science will recognize it, I just wonder how long it will take, considering the ever increasing amount of sightings,foot prints, audio, etc.

Heck, I don't even know what Bigfoot is,but I am eager to find out.

I guess we differ in what we call a reliable witness then Parn. I am not going to label them all liars and fools. To many of them are sane,educated, good observers. Many have no motive to make this stuff up, indeed,many suffer for it. Why would they do that?

Guest Tontar

I would suggest that science will recognize bigfoot when a type specimen is available for evaluation. Short of an actual organism, I doubt very much the increasing sightings will do much to get science to recognize bigfoot as a real creature.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'd really like to see the footprints, but I get a runtime error when I click on the index.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest Tontar

I guess we differ in what we call a reliable witness then Parn. I am not going to label them all liars and fools. To many of them are sane,educated, good observers. Many have no motive to make this stuff up, indeed,many suffer for it. Why would they do that?

The why of that was covered in a really good special put out by the BBC, called The Aliens Have Landed, I believe. It talked about why people work their way into the subculture of abductees. As I watched all of the explanations of it, I could not help but see the resemblance to some of the bigfoot culture.

Even a really good special, is nothing more than another opinion Tontar, there are "really good" opinions from all sides,I am happy you valued the BBC's, maybe you should take a look at some of the others,maybe a book written by a guy named Mack, who was pretty prominent in his day, although I don't think his book did much for his career.

Meldrum is also a very qualified,and has the credentials to prove it, yet there are those on here, who hide behind a moniker,and call him Mel Dum, do you suppose their opinion is more qualified than his?

Guest Tontar

Mack, don't recognize the name. Are you saying that you believe in alien abductions, and that all of these people that "realize" they have been abducted, actually have been?

Do you think that Dr. Meldrum believes that BF comes in all shapes and sizes, several varieties, can manage both bipedal and quadrupedal gaits as easily and efficiently as has been proposed here?

No, I am not big on alien abductions, but I do pay a fair amount of attention to human behavior. I read a lot of fringe stuff, partially to see if anything good comes up, and partly to see what "type" of people make such claims. It mystifies me that someone that has huge academic credentials, such as Mack, or any other number of people with a PHD or two, are sometimes involved with stuff. I think that is part of my interest in the Bigfoot phenomena, there are way more "normal" people involved. Please, alien folks out there, forgive my stereotyping, I am to lazy to type a long explanation regarding the cross section of back grounds, occupations, etc that Bigfootry covers, I guess its less "specialized" lol

Guest OntarioSquatch

Meh, don't worry about it. Thousands of alien abductions, thousands of bigfoot sightings. It's all cool. I believe in both.

BFF Patron
.....Mack, don't recognize the name. Are you saying that you believe in alien abductions, and that all of these people that "realize" they have been abducted, actually have been?

Off topic but here is a good ref. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/aliens/johnmack.html

Guest MikeG
....... primates have evolved to be quadruped or biped, based on their environment mostly.

Don't forget that we are still quadrupeds for the first 12 or 18 months of our lives. We're possibly the only biped that does this.

Mike

Babies crawl on their hands and knees. They're bipeds that have not yet mastered walking, much like young birds that have not yet mastered flying.

Japanese dude is not a good quadraped either - he's not doing it anywhere near as well as a monkey. Ignoring how awkward is his gait on all fours, just look at his head. He's straining like crazy to keep his face pointed up in that position because the foramen magnum in his skull makes his face naturally point directly into the dirt when he's on all fours.