How Fast Can Bigfoot Run?

Guest Tontar

How fast can Bigfoot run?

So fast he makes Carl Lewis look like Stephen Hawking. He makes Jesse Owens look like Jabba the Hut. Ok, that's enough.

Maybe it has something to do the with being in the woods. Have you ever noticed how fast Jason Vorhees walks, and he doesn't even seem to be trying? Camp counselors are in an all-out panic sprint and he just cruises and catches them lickety-split. Bigfoot seems to exhibit the same trait. It's just good science.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

My first sighting was of one of these creatures running across an open field. (from one wooded area to another) The distance it travelled was around 150 yards and it was very fast. How fast? I dunno and never will know for sure but it was faster than any human I've ever seen. The knees were being raised very high and the arms and legs were moving fast, it reminded me of an olympic sprinter. I'd have no problem with a guesstimate of 35 mph. But, that's the thing, anyone that has ever seen one of these creatures and saw it running can only guess about how fast it was moving. And everyone's guess will be different. Only thing I'm sure of is if one of these creatures ever chases me, I won't be outrunning it on foot. Chris B.

Guest BFSleuth

Chris, as an exercise for estimating the speed of the BF you saw, how many seconds did it take to cover the 150 yards? If you think back to your sighting, count "one thousand one, one thousand two..." and give us a range of how many seconds you think it took to cover that ground.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

BFSleuth, I wouldn't have any idea. I didn't have anything to document the encounter when it happened. It was one of those by chance things that I never would have expected to have happen. I was just driving down a country road, crossing a bridge, by chance I glanced over and there's big and hairy beating feet across the river/creek bottom towards another wooded area.

I was doing a little better than 50 mph and was going the same direction as the creature was running. I slowed down of course to evaluate what I was looking at. Was it a deer? No. Was it a cow? No. Bear? No. Somebody in a suit? No. The speed is mostly why I rule out someone in a suit. I didn't stop on the bridge but I did slow down to maybe 25 mph, the creature was not far from crossing the entire distance about the same time my vehicle and I did. So I guesstimated my speed was 50 mph at first then down to 25mph, somewhere in the middle should be about the speed big and hairy was moving.

This was my first actual sighting of one of these creatures. At the time, Bigfoot was the furthest thing from my mind. I had completely dropped all interest in Bigfoot after the GA body hoax. So I kept telling myself "It can't be. That's impossible." But I ruled out every other animal so however unlikely, there it was. This by chance incident is the one that brought me back to Bigfoot Research. Chris B.

Guest poignant

I was doing a little better than 50 mph and was going the same direction as the creature was running. I slowed down of course to evaluate what I was looking at. Was it a deer? No. Was it a cow? No. Bear? No. Somebody in a suit? No. The speed is mostly why I rule out someone in a suit. I didn't stop on the bridge but I did slow down to maybe 25 mph, the creature was not far from crossing the entire distance about the same time my vehicle and I did. So I guesstimated my speed was 50 mph at first then down to 25mph, somewhere in the middle should be about the speed big and hairy was moving.

Assuming no retroactive biases here, that sounds about right for an initial guess of 28 - 40 mph for the BF running speed mentioned in an earlier post to this thread.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest poignant

Taking the ostrich as the upper limit in non-hopping, known bipedal running speed (65 kmh or 40 mph) and Usain Bolt as the upper limit in human speed (45 kmh or 28 mph).

Guess I'll start with this range then. Bigfoot, 45 - 65 kmh.

As an aside, speed is strongly correlated to the the femur-tibia ratio. A shorter femur allows a shorter stroke and greater stride. Then there's things like potential-kinetic energy being in phase, rebound energy, etc etc.

BFSleuth:

I did the math and here goes.

Assuming, a 200 kg sasquatch running with a 27 m elevation gain in 4 seconds, the amount of power generated is in excess of 13,300 W.

Per mass, elite human athletes generate about 6 W / kg

The beast is generating well over 66 W/kg, making them over ten times stronger than the strongest of us !

In other words, it's like putting the strength of a 220 lb elite athlete in the body of a 22lb kid!