Sign in to follow this  
Crowlogic

Pgf The Film Itself

gigantor

Romano, any comments about the apparent "hairy diaper"?

Guest sabrenaut

My main problem with the creature in the film is the butt. When the leg swings, the ass remains static. There is no muscle movement at all. It looks like a hairy diaper.

post-6024-1211062676.gif

Hello all, this is my first post. My "Bottom Line" as far as the PGF film goes is that it all looks too

much like a real creature to be easily dismissed as a hoax EXCEPT for the unnatural buttock shape (the hairy diaper look).

The muscle/fat wiggling and jiggling that so convincingly erupt with each step she takes should, I think, be propagated

all the way up into her buttocks. But they don't. They seem to stop abrubtly and unnaturally at the top part of the leg.

I mean that butt should be seriously shaking -no, reverberating, jello style- with each hard landing of her foot (given her brisk pace), I would think, but it clearly doesn't. I do notice she has rather longer hair on her buttocks than her leg and that may be hiding the propagating jiggles from her lower leg...Maybe. The longer hair there maybe also explains the "subduction".

Also, I don't know, but shouldn't the butt crack be more clearly delineated, with the left and right cheek showing obvious independent movement/flexion/ jiggling with each step? This doesn't seem to be the case. Her left and right cheek, instead, seem like they are all one unit and without any of the fleshy muscle dynamism that seems apparent in the leg. Again, maybe the extra hair coverage in that area masks this.

Still, her Butt nearly ruins it for me when it comes to believing this might be a real creature. Her Butt is the reason My Butt is still on the fence.

Edited by sabrenaut

First and foremost, welcome to the forum sabrenaut. :) Nice first post and I certainly look forward to your future contributions to the discussion.

Hopefully, our *old* files from the *old* forum will be available to us soon. We had just begun to delve into the butt-crack issue. B)

Anyway, nice post and welcome. :)

I agree the butt looks a little odd, but I personally focus on what looks good which is pretty much everything else. Assuming what we are seeing an honest to goodness sasquatch here it would be the only sas ever filmed, IMO, and thus we really have nothing to compare it to to make such judgements in terms of how it should move or not move.

There are other frames, btw, that do seem to show some separation in the butt area.

indiefoot

Could the area on the buttocks be a callus that might build up on older individuals? The muscle would subduct under the callus and hair.

Romano, any comments about the apparent "hairy diaper"?

Giganto, the hairy diaper, lifeless butt, look is all that this suit could produce. The "subduction" that occures at the top of the right thigh is why there is no movement to the butt.

As sabrenaut put it so well:

"The muscle/fat wiggling and jiggling that so convincingly erupt with each step she takes should, I think, be propagated

all the way up into her buttocks. But they don't. They seem to stop abrubtly and unnaturally at the top part of the leg."

The dynamics of what happens, in my oppinion, is this:

As "Paddy's" weight is transfered from left leg, to right leg, because there is no muscle connecting thighs to buttocks, there is no transferance or continuation of motion from thighs to buttocks, i.e. wiggling and jiggling, as sabrenaut put it. (At the very least, we should be able to detect the buttocks rising, but that does not occure) The dark horizontal line that appears near the top of the thigh, is evidence of one piece of the underlying material sliding under the other piece, or "subductiing". In addition, if you look closely at the very top of the back side of the right thigh, where it intersects with the very bottom of the right buttock, it appears that the thigh is slipping or buckling under the buttock. So, there are 2 separate juctures that absorb or prevent any transfer of movement from thighs to buttocks. Hence, the lifeless, diaper butt, appearance.

post-6024-1211062676.gif

Looks like a glute contraction to me. And a hint of a butt crack too.

61_72_butt.gif

Otherwise, longer hair could be masking any perceived jiggling of the glutes. Hence the ad nauseum "diaper butt" references. So why would Roger add a big ole diaper butt to the costume anyway? Patty was supposedly patterned after Roe's bigfoot, which didn't have a big butt. Adding one to the suit makes about as much sense as **** on a bull. Did Roger have a bigfoot booty fetish perhaps?

Huntster
I don't know how anyone can look at this and say its a suit.

Indeed, especially a suit created by Roger Patterson. The mere suggestion is laughable.

61_72_butt.gif

Otherwise, longer hair could be masking any perceived jiggling of the glutes. Hence the ad nauseum "diaper butt" references. So why would Roger add a big ole diaper butt to the costume anyway? Patty was supposedly patterned after Roe's bigfoot, which didn't have a big butt. Adding one to the suit makes about as much sense as **** on a bull. Did Roger have a bigfoot booty fetish perhaps?

I just love that photo.

Check out the glove and wrist band.

gigantor

Thanks Gigantofootecus for that gif. It does help. However, I'll say that both cheeks move in the same direction as a whole instead of independently.

For a comparison, check out this video and notice that the cheeks should normally move independently of each other while walking.

The creature's butt looks like a single entity, unnatural.

Also, your gif is made from a few frames which can be deceiving, how about showing the whole sequence?

Surely that angle was more than the 3 or 4 frames which you chose to show...

Edited by gigantor

61_72_butt.gif

Couldn't agree more. Where have you been buddy? This is one of the images I previously referenced as showing a butt-crack.

I'm not too sure ol' Roger was sophisticated enough as a *rodeo-cowboy* to provide a *monkey-suit* that shows this detail.

And, I might add, one that has withstood scrutiny for over 40 years.

Guest Kerchak

Looks like a butt crack to me too. Of course, it's not going to be identical to a human's butt crack because:

1) It's not a human

and

2) The area is covered in hair.

Nice movement in the buttock area too.

Edited by Kerchak

Thanks Gigantofootecus for that gif. It does help. However, I'll say that both cheeks move in the same direction as a whole instead of independently.

For a comparison, check out this video and notice that the cheeks should normally move independently of each other while walking.

The creature's butt looks like a single entity, unnatural.

Also, your gif is made from a few frames which can be deceiving, how about showing the whole sequence?

Surely that angle was more than the 3 or 4 frames which you chose to show...

Gigantor, you are correct. The gif is made from only two frames of the PGF (frame 061 and frame 072) that are switched back and forth. One frame shows the sole of the left foot, the other frame shows the sole of the right foot. Paddy's quick on her feet, but not that quick.;) Even if there is "glute contraction" visible in the PGF, linking two frames together, that are separated by ten frames, and switching them back and forth, falls a bit short of solid evidence of any kind of muscle movement. Stringing all twelve frames, together i.e., frames 061 through 072, and creating a looping gif would be much more convincing.

If you go to this link and scroll down about 1/3 of the page you will see twelve frames from the PGF. The first two frames are 061 and 072. They are the same two frames that were used to create the gif that is shown in Gigantofootecus' post.

61_72_butt.gif

xspider1

I’m not convinced that a Sasquatch is supposed to “wiggle and jiggle†quite as much as described above. (Maybe the city variety does.) ;) Gorillas sort of walk like they are wearing invisible diapers anyway so, that isn’t really a “dream over†deal for me.

Edited by xspider1

indiefoot

I don't want to offend anyone with this picture. I am posting it because I believe it shows that no all "butts" are created equal. This is similar to Patty and if it were covered with hair I think it would be more so. People come in all shapes and sizes as I believe Sasquatch do. They aren't all 10 feet tall and 800 pounds. Patty may well be older and/or overweight, out of shape from a recent child birth, any number of things.

I am not making fun of any women here, just showing a possible similarity.

post-9-059898100 1285398008_thumb.jpgpost-9-037910400 1285398024_thumb.jpg