Was Patty's Arm Length "inhuman"?

Good point Mike, I totally forgot BFSleuth is a mod......duh

I am not the sharpest pencil at times

Edited by JohnC
Guest RayG

Guys, BFSleuth has given the mods' response. Please stick to discussing Gigantofooticus' maths and methods, and please don't discuss other people's here, nor, indeed, moderation itself.

Not a problem. Ironically, it was BFSleuth's mention of 'extenders' multiple times in post #8 that triggered my memory of the Green statements.

Carry on.

RayG

Bill

I'd like to add my compliment to Gigantofooticus for his OP. It's a fine model for how the PGF analysis work should be done.

Bill

Doc Holliday

nice job G.

i mostly stay out of the pgf back & forth, but your presentation seems well thought out .

very interesting.

Guest OntarioSquatch

^lol. I spent a whole day catching up recently. Thanks for asking though. I'm chilling in the Dominican for a week right now. I can't wait to do some blue marlin fishing lol.

Edited by OntarioSquatch
SweatyYeti

Very nice work, Giganto! :)

Where is the elbow?

Note the articulation point in the following graphic. The arm appears evenly proportioned to me. No extended humerus or radius. If anything the radius appears short or foreshortened to some degree.

I think you are correct on that, Giganto... ;) ...

The Cibachrome version of Frame 307 shows the length of Patty's forearm very clearly....(if the 'sharply-edged shading' on the back of Patty's arm, matching the Gorilla's, is in fact the location of the elbow-joint.........which it is)....

F307-GorillaArmProportionComp1.jpg

Patty's forearm....(and her entire lower-arm, also)....are no longer than an 'average human's', in proportion to the 'body height'. If anything...they are slightly shorter.

That is the exact opposite of what should be the case...for a human wearing 'arm extensions'. :smoke:

Edited by SweatyYeti
Guest Crowlogic

post-242-0-54472900-1336952743.gif

Nice work Gigantofootecus! With regards to Patty's arm and the hand attached the gif you posted and I've re-posted seems to show a very large amount of hand /finger flexation. Much more than anything previously observed. This alone deserves more study as it seems to be undeniable hand movement.

Guest Transformer

The "hand flex" shown in the gif indicates a broken wrist at least or a glitch in the film doesn't it? I mean put your hand back behind your back with the palm up and try to flex that way shown in the gif. The finger tips are not moving they are stationary while the wrist is bending backwards/down. At least that is the way it looks to me. I know nothing about photogrammetry so I can only say that everything else in the analysis done by Gigantofootecus seems very logical and it is very well explained. The estimations of the joint placements is the only thing I think could be up for debate because if they are off a small bit in the captured frame then that would extrapolate into quite a larger error when converted to human size because you are multiplying whatever error there is by the same amount you have to multiply to get "real" dimensions right? I am not trying to get in a fight or prove or disprove anything with my comments I am just commenting and looking for answers and explanations. Thank you. :)

roguefooter

The "hand flex" shown in the gif indicates a broken wrist at least or a glitch in the film doesn't it? I mean put your hand back behind your back with the palm up and try to flex that way shown in the gif.

That's the background you're looking at. The hand is curled.

• Upvote 1
Guest Transformer

I don't think so because if you look at how long the fingers are in the other captures you will see that the fingers are that very long and thin and the gif is actually blown-up larger than the other captures so the scale of the fingers is right. If you are right where did the long skinny fingers go? Please note that I am not stating a fact but an opinion based on what I see. :)

• gigantor unlocked this topic