Loggers And Bigfoot

Spader

A friend of mine recently told me of a tale of a buddy of his seeing groups of Bigfoot (family's?) on the edges of oil fields. I have always wondered if Loggers in the Pacific North West are seeing bigfoot and keeping the information to themselves for fear of their sites being shut down. We all know that some of the earliest bigfoot encounters involved logging operations in Northern California. Huge drums and coils of metal thrown around like toys. After watching some episodes of that show Ax Men i could not help but think to myself "self, this is perfect bigfoot country". Does anyone out there think Loggers see or see the evidence of Bigfoot activity? I bring this up because of the Governments reaction of the Spotted Owl fiasco. Would Logging operations keep their knowledge of Bigfoot activity silent in fear of that the Government would shut them down for the "protection of the species"? If im bringing up an old topic, please forgive me, I searched the sight and couldnt find a thread relating to this.

I recall a report from a woman who was visiting her father at a logging camp. After her father and the rest of the crew went to bed, much earlier than she was accustomed to, she stepped out on the porch and lit a cigarette. As she looked up and turned her head to the left, she made direct eye contact with a female bigfoot standing about five feet away from her on the porch in front of a cold storage locker. Motionless, the female bigfoot had one hand on the handle of the open door and was holding a large ham in her other hand. After a few moments, the bigfoot closed the locker, turned, and walked off into the woods.

BFF Patron

I'd say there is a host of foresters as well as loggers that have incidents in the PNW. I'm sure googling a BFRO X timber cruiser, logging, logger..... search would prove very productive. Others in the same vein that may have sightings have included utility workers, geologists involved in petroleum exploration in Wyoming out west and a few in the natural gas fields in Texas and elsewhere.

Edited by bipedalist

makes me also wonder if ( or perhaps how many )BF may have been shot by loggers trying to protect their interests....

Guest wudewasa

Well, this group of loggers finds a stick structure, sticks for wood knocking and other possible evidence of activity (squatches are human cuz purported DNA evidence supports this). Seriously, the logger Dave and MM remind me of each other because of the conclusions that they arrive to.

Guest thermalman

My daughter's brother-in-law, hunts and guides in the PNW for foreign hunters on Canadian safaris. He has never seen a BF, but 85% of the people who come to hunt have asked him about BF. One of his co-workers have shown him a picture from the early 1900s of their grandpa, who used to trap up there, standing beside a dead BF caught in one of his bear traps. The catch was only a couple days old, as grandpa used to check his traps every two days. I asked my daughter's brother-in-law if he thought it was a hoax? He responded by telling me about the detail of the head and face, the hands and the literal size of the dead creature, and said it looked very real to him. I asked him what he thought they did with the corpse? He could only tell me that he didn't know. For now, that's all I can tell you. He goes back in the fall to guide, so hopefully he will find out more about the picture. I've asked him to email me a copy of the picture if he can get one.

Edited by thermalman

Yes, the pic would be great & if possible it may be worth a look-see.

I agree wude,logger-man assumed a good bit.

the logic made sense but the jump to homeless over camper/hunter was amusing in the video.

At least he didn't go straight to "escaped fugitive from justice" & call the cops.

Edited by slicktrick

Well, this group of loggers finds a stick structure, sticks for wood knocking and other possible evidence of activity (squatches are human cuz purported DNA evidence supports this). Seriously, the logger Dave and MM remind me of each other because of the conclusions that they arrive to.

Because the obvious conclusion is that its a Bigfoot house? Really? Man, sometimes this site gets me the wrong way, not everything, everytime is a BF out there, maybe for once, just for once it is an actual person out there.

If all the loggers, rangers, campers, hunters and hikers KNOW about Bf then why is it still such a mystery? There is no huge conspiracy about them IMO, they are just rare, most likely near extint animals.

Humans like to to talk/brag so much, throw into the mix loggers and hunters (cant speak 100% for the rest I mentioned) who im my experience love to drink and tell stories, there is no way it would stay so hush hush for this many years.

Guest wudewasa

Ghuda,

I was being sarcastic. Of course it was a human, regardless of origin. The dizzying logic of the logger reminds me of how MM deduces that every piece of "evidence" he finds originates from a bigfoot.

Back to the logger/bigfoot interaction. If this article indicates certain people's reaction to a species threatening their livelihoods, then the "shoot/shovel/shut up" attitude would most likely extend to sasquatches as well.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19910116&slug=1260870

I'm a logger and have never seen a BF or any sign of one. Ax men is the worst show on tv. 99% of loggers are very safe. Discovery looked real hard to find the biggest losers they could. I'm surprised the fools on that show are still alive for the next season.

I have a number of family members who are loggers, well two. Anyways they laugh at ax men also, they only watch it for comedic value. I've still yet to ask them about bigfoot, I hinted at my brother during the holidays this year, he was talking about work and I passively said "did you ever see anything wierd out there?" he looked at me kinda funny and just said no. I dropped it at that and changed the subject.

Guest BFSleuth

Logging, mining, and fishing... the three most dangerous jobs. There are many professionals in each, but there are also a number of folks that are thrown into the fray for on the job training, often with sad results.

Guest wudewasa

NW 063,

Yes Ax Men is nothing but entertainment. I don't see serious loggers putting up with the drama for long. Although I'd love to see a sasquatch show up and scare the crap out of some of those crews on TV!

One of the main differences with modern logging is that there's no "camp"... The guy's hop back into their 4x4 trucks at the end of the day, and head home.

I'd love for them, especially with all of the disturbance they are creating in the area being logged, to set up camp at that site, and stay through the nights.

Might be interesting to see what's poking around in the evenings..... Set up some FLIR's, and other cameras- bet it would be a good area to have some possible interaction !

-A-