Proper Procedures During And After Capture?

hey, if you can get clear pictures of one, I'm sure many members would be willing to help you out with a capture in some way. Right now there isn't a good photograph one except for maybe the PGF film

If we still shot on film, we could blow up todays footage like the PGF. Stupid technology. The only way HD is going to hold up is to let the creature fill the frame- either with a zoom or just being close enough!

Guest OntarioSquatch

HD video is starting to catch upfrom what I've heard. Plus, it doesn't cost you a penny nowadays. Do you think the Sasquatch would let you get close enough?

Edited by OntarioSquatch

My plan is for them to come to me. If I'm stationary and in a ghillie suit, fully descented...what else would I need?

If you are considering wounding the animal deliberately, which is pretty much sick, I suggest that you better just stop all this game planning and kill it. Taking it's knees out is going to cause extreme agony and a slow and painful death. You're not going to be able to treat these wounds correctly and infection will set in and kill this thing anyway. In a horrible way, I might add. That idea needs to be scrapped. And with all this talk of assembling a team to get the job done, go ahead and assemble the best team.

post-2209-0-02063500-1337307651_thumb.jp

Edited by arizonabigfoot

Guest OntarioSquatch

My plan is for them to come to me. If I'm stationary and in a ghillie suit, fully descented...what else would I need?

I think that's an excellent plan. A lot of experienced Bigfooters say doing just every day activities could draw one in. Personally, I might even go as far as playing dead lolz

Tranquilizers take too long to take effect. Even with a transmitter dart, the chances of a creature with opposable thumbs not pulling it out are slim to none.

Wounding it is FAR too inhumane. Chances of killing it are far too great.

If it comes to within 30 yards, the net guns sold online appear pretty effective for medium to large animals. Perhaps I could take advantage of its curiosity and try to lure one in closer to this range?

I suggest modification of an exploding style net for the capture. You would probably need at least 2 of them fired from different directions, discharged within seconds of each other, and when I say modified I mean majorly upgraded to resist a very powerful animal. Perhaps you could involve the manufacturer to ensure proper net strength and additional power sufficient to propel a beefier, heavier net. This would be the safest means of capture for you and anyone else that would be assisting you.

This still doesn't address the tranquilizing of the creature. However, that could become less complicated since you could come in to put it down after it's tangled in the nets.

Maybe you should do some free/volunteer work for your local veterinarian. Someone like that along could prove invaluable.

http://www.wcsnetblaster.com/

http://www.memphisne...ory/nets_cannon

post-2164-0-41277900-1337311955.jpg

I ask myself the "what if I cream one, like in Harry and the Hendersons" quite a bit ;-) It's a fun mental game to play. Even if you see one on the side of the road. There have been reports of this in the past.

First step, if you're in cell/data range is to post close up, focused pictures to the fastest easiest place you can post them. In my case, facebook or google, as the phone's been configured for those two services, and I use them on a regular basis. take the pictures, let the phone figure out the order and speed at which they're uploaded in the background. If you're out of range, just take the pictures. Whoever finds your body can recover the pictures from your phone.

I'm certainly not going to have time or mental capacity to think about a username and password, so it has to be something you can do on autopilot. Click, share, click share.

Start with a body shot, then move into the close up details.

I would start with an eye, press the eye lid open and snap. Then teeth, open the lips and snap a shot. Tongue, ditto. Soft Pallete, back of throat, ditto. Full head shot. Ear with hair out of the way. Palm of hand showing fingers, close up of finger tips, finger nails, thumb, genitals, feet, toes. take a closeup of any unusual anatomical features you discover so close to the animal, like if you see a weeping scent gland. Put something in each photo (as appropriate) to indicate scale. Your finger is fine for this.

I would seriously consider just leaving the body. If it's really dead? No heart beat, no respiration, clearly broken bones? I might consider taking it's head. I always carry garbage bags in with the road flares, emergency blanket and jumper cables. Take as much as you can fit in the bags or whatever you have the stomach for as a last resort?

If you're really hard core, practice this on standard roadkill. Deer.

Don't get blood or other fluids on you if at all possible.

Wash up afterwards, store the soiled laundry in plastic bags in a freezer, then sanitize everything else, including you.

We've no idea what sort of viruses they carry or our immunity to them, and if the beast lives, try not to infect it with your viruses or surely you'll kill it.

Oh, and don't perforate the gut sack unless you're prepared for the results.

This is great info if the creature is killed, and I certainly thank you for the detail of your thoughts. But killing it can't be the only option.

Edited by MikeG
Please don't quote the preceding post

Guest gershake

Yeah, but who likes ketchup on their peanut butter or salmon?

Wait, that's not ketchup. Ahhhh!

:D plussed.

Sommersby, if you're really serious about capturing a Bigfoot, I suggest you read this book http://www.amazon.com/Forest-Man-ebook/dp/B006NCG0GM

Even though it's fiction, it's very realistic in what would be required to capture a live Bigfoot, both in equipment and capital.

As has been suggested, you need to get some clear photos and/ or video. Unless you are independently wealthy, you will need some significant financial backing to capture one of these creatures. This is not something that can be done with a net and a winch. You will need a team of professionals as well as a fair amount of equipment, time and planning.

The photos or video may be enough to spark interest from a financial backer. Otherwise, you're just one more "nut" that won't be taken seriously. I say that, not because it's my perception, but it's what many people would believe, unless you had some kind of evidence to put forth.

Enjoy the book as it will answer a lot of your questions.

I would not take it to the police. The police are not equipped to deal with a bigfoot. Could you imagine the local homeless alcoholic waking up in the drunk tank next to a bigfoot? The police would advise you to either contact Animal Control, the SPCA, or Conservation Officers. But I guess you could take it to the police and the police would assist you in getting in contact with the right animal authority.

1. Do not try this alone. I would suggest 3-4 other people. They can stay back and be called in with cell phone or walkie talkies for support to assist getting it out.

2. I suggest just killing it. A dead bigfoot will be much easier to handle than a live one. We really do not know the strength of these creatures...so better safe than sorry.

3. You did not say if you could get a vehicle/truck to the location. if not what about quad runners? have a small trailer with a wench attached to it to pull it onto the trailer then quad it out.

4. Do you know if this is a lone Bigfoot? It may have family members nearby. Another reason for the support.

5. Take pics and video as others have described make copies and share with buddies for safekeeping.

6. Police do not have a way to deal with this...they would probably call in DNR. This could risk getting the creature confiscated.

7. Freeze it to preserve it.

8. Call an attorney

9. Contact BF researcher that is trust worthy.

!0. Share video here!

11. Share to rest of world

Edited by zman1967