Proper Procedures During And After Capture?

Yeah, but who likes ketchup on their peanut butter or salmon?

Wait, that's not ketchup. Ahhhh!

Don't knock BWE until you've tried it. Shamans know it works. Think of how many bigfoots have peered upon tribal campfires fron the shadows and gotten lulled into a trance by the flickering flames and rhythmic drumming.

How would one guarantee immobilization of this kind of creature from a distance of 400 yards? If tranquilizer guns were an option (which they are not since I don't have a license), they still only shoot at most 100 yards.

This best plan seems to immobilize it by sniping the knees. Approach and use taser gun while another straps (hog-ties) the creature down. A tourniquet kit would then be needs to treat the wounds. A breathable bag over the head.

What else?

Let's say we know where and when a Bigfoot will be within a 400 yard radius. How do you catch the big guy? Tranquilizers-- if you are or have a vet with you from 100 yards. Even then, the best tranqs take minutes to work, plenty of time for our fellow to get away. FM Transmitter trackable darts could be used, but with opposable thumbs, he could easily pull that sucker out no problem. Snares and tainted bait- which is very sketchy- is also an idea. Is this the best plan we can come up with?

If so, this all seems like a pretty good argument to wound the animal from a distance to immobilize it. A taser gun could be used up close to restrain it as another ties it up.

Thoughts?

400 yards is a fairly long shot for a chunk of lead traveling 2500 feet per second. Sorry, but this plan ain't gonna fly, Wilbur.

You're better off considering a deadfall trap, remotely triggered net, or some other means of containment.

Guest poignant

Walk around side-by-side with a tall friend dressed up as bigfoot.

The other bigfoots might come out to take a look. Have your video camera(s) in HD on standby.

CAPTURE on irrefutable HD video.

Thank you, Incorrigible1, for your feedback! If under 100 yards, is a tranquilizer the only option?

What about tainted bait?

Guest OntarioSquatch

If you can somehow get close enough to the animal, you can fire a net gun. Other than that, I think a live capture would be extremely difficult to say the least. This is a creature that is clever enough to live in our backyards, yet remain unknown to science.

How does one capture a Bigfoot-- really?! Here are the ideas so far:

1. Tranquilizer Gun (if you are a vet) from under 100 yards

2. Deadfall, Net, or Snare Trap

3. Tainted Bait

4. Wounding the animal inorder to immobilize

There is a law-enforcement only taser/electrical shotgun shell for a 12 gauge that works out to 100 yards or so. It is very effective but only if a Taser gun would work. Not that expensive either, but available only to law enforcement :(

Guest toejam

If you even get the chance at an attempt (which is extremely unlikely) better bring a change of underwear.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I hope you don't mind me asking, but is there a Bigfoot nearby that you happen to know about? If so, You could set up a trailcam and nail some pics.

Guest OntarioSquatch

lol no time to change underwear. It could be too late by then if you know what I mean...