Proper Procedures During And After Capture?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Easiest way = a clean headshot lol but seriously. It would be really cool if you can get clear photographs

Guest toejam

Sounds like it'd end up being one of those stupid human tricks.

BTW, why's there two threads with the same initial post?

I just spewed my coffee on my monitor. :lolu:

glad to be of service :) its ok, well, as long as it wasnt folgers,anything else seems 2cnd class,lol.

as for biscardi .....probably best not to include him in any discoveries that you want to be taken seriously.

fly paper........lots of fly paper.

or a pit, but non target creatures will probably end up in it 1st.

Don't knock BWE until you've tried it. Shamans know it works. Think of how many bigfoots have peered upon tribal campfires fron the shadows and gotten lulled into a trance by the flickering flames and rhythmic drumming.

usually helps too if they get a big whiff of that tribal peace pipe when the chief breaks out the "good stuff" :drag:

Edited by slicktrick

How would one guarantee immobilization of this kind of creature from a distance of 400 yards?

Precision application of 671 grains of a lead/copper/antimony mix to the cranial vault should do the trick.

Edited by Bonehead74

ok,either im a lot more tired than i thought, or im assuming the 2 threads merged, cause i know better than to make 3 consecutive posts instead of one.......i think,lol.

its mod magic or i should really go to sleep :lol:

As bad as this sounds, I think you would have to kill one to be able to present it to the world. There is a reason why it takes a group of 5~15 researchers to tranq and get blood samples from a Gorrila and it takes only 1 poacher to farm some bushmeat.

Trying to solo capture an animal 2 or 3 times stronger, smarter and faster like a BF...sounds like trying to lasso an angry hungry lion, blindfolded.

Edited by Ghuda

By my estimates, roughly 90 % of the responses here have been tongue in cheek.

Sorry about that Sommersby....

I'll take a real whack at your questions.

1) what if I have a BF in the back of my truck?

I agree with some of the comments above. Pictures, video, saliva swab, hair....then drive.

One guy drives while another guy keeps his eyes peeled out the rear slider window with 30.06 or .44 mag firmly in hand and pointed at hairy cranium.

The driver calls the local media while the other calls 911.

Guide them both into the very same spot to meet you.

Don't tell either of them you have a Bigfoot in your truck.....tell them instead that you have an "escaped gorilla" in the back of your truck.

I don't think you would even have a problem with the cops covering up a BF discovery ( they would probably think it is just as cool as you do) but having the media there is a pretty good insurance policy.

2) what if I have a BF that I know will be within 400 yards of me at a certain location and time.

Sounds like this is above your pay grade bro.

To answer your hypothetical.....Don't hypothetically attempt it by yourself.

You, hypothetically, will almost certainly screw it up.

I would ask around here for some serious researchers / biologists. Contact them yourself or with the help of a few people here, explain to the expert why you are confident you can set up the encounter and see if they will bite.

Be warned though.....if they suspect you have even a glimmer of crazy in ya....your probably on your own.

Thank you, Slabdog. I appreciate you giving me a serious response. I have been a part-time researcher for over 25 years, and I joined this forum to get some serious answers- though I don't mind the occasional jocular stab. I'm not that crazy, no more than the next man ;)

As for the police and local news, I think you are right on. They are people too, and the excitement will be too much for everyone.

What taking out the legs? At 400 yards, we could snipe the hip or knees from that distance. This could immobilize it long enough for us to run up with a net gun. After that, throwing a blanket soaked in chloroform over the big fellow to sedate it (hopefully even knock it out) so that it can be tied up & transported.

Now, if I'm able to take a shot at 100 yards, it would be great to use a tranquilizer gun, but that is only accessible to the licensed! What other options does that leave us?

I would ask around here for some serious researchers / biologists. Contact them yourself or with the help of a few people here, explain to the expert why you are confident you can set up the encounter and see if they will bite.

This is a great idea. I'll make a new thread to see if anyone bites.

Guest poignant

Sommersby:

Assuming you do capture a live bigfoot, unless it's a juvenile, how would you lift/transport it to your truck, even if it's unconscious?

To me you're better off putting it down and carving up the head, hand, and foot. Do it fast, the other bigfoots are likely closing in and eager to twist your head and limbs off.

However, as I'm currently pro no-kill, if you can point a gun at one, you can point a HD camera at one. And if you can ensnare one you can likewise film the live, screaming, trapped subject in HD and not have to fuss about transporting it.

Make copies of the vid and talk to an attorney (better still make it downloadable on BFF :good: )

*edited for grammar*

Edited by poignant

Guest Luckyfoot

As for the police and local news, I think you are right on. They are people too, and the excitement will be too much for everyone.

What taking out the legs? At 400 yards, we could snipe the hip or knees from that distance. This could immobilize it long enough for us to run up with a net gun. After that, throwing a blanket soaked in chloroform over the big fellow to sedate it (hopefully even knock it out) so that it can be tied up & transported.

Despite my not-so-serious response on yur other thread, I don't think this is necessarily a bad idea. If you absolutely feel you need to take one alive. A little cruel wounding the beast, but if it gets the job done...

The blanket with chloroform is a neat idea, but I have some reservations with it, as I do tasering it. If you just shoot it in the knees to cripple it , good and fine, however it still has use if it's arms/hands, no ? Now it's pissed off and defensive and you want to step real close to Taser it or throw a blanket over it's head ? That's where I feel the shortcoming of this plan is. A defensive ,crippled bigfoot would prolly be extremely dangerous at any range in which it could reach.

Put the Taser on a 10 foot pole mebbe ?

If y'all can pull it off , more power to ya....

p.s. I have doubts about the net gun being effective . What if you miss ?