The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Guest gerrykleier

I think this deserves a thread of its own:

I'm personally in the 'believer' camp, but I gotta wonder about this

"We are also in the process of reaching out to some known hybrid-offspring of human and Bigfoot joining" !!!???

GK

Guest OntarioSquatch

There are stories of kidnappings and rapes by Bigfoot that have happened over the past 100 years. Too many for comfort to be honest.

So, isn't it about time we split into a Team Meldrum/Team Ketchum style flame war or something? Like a Team Jacob/Team Edward Twilight style fan off?

In my world, there's only "Team Kill 'em BOTH" as far as Twilight is concerned... :thumbsup:

Back on topic: Dr Meldrum is going to have to be VERY careful indeed...he can't afford to give the yahoos at his university any more ammunition to try to kill his tenure with.

I may be wrong (hope not, but it's possible), but I don't think Dr Meldrum would say anything so publicly unless he was certain he had a dead lock on it. Dr Ketchum could survive a cluster-frag result (possibly). Dr Meldrum's detractors will roast him alive if the findings aren't air-tight.

:boredom:

In my industry, we call this kind of thing vaporware.

In my industry, we call this kind of thing "way too premature"... :thumbsup:

If they can sequence nuclear and mt DNA, then why can't they get a body? Issue of existence solved!

Because you have to have a body to get a body. You can get DNA from hair, blood, a small tissue sample, even scat.

This shouldn't have to be said.

Perhaps Meldrum's announced effort will persuade Ketchum or her editor to publish sooner rather than to continue to polish the diamond. One study won't be enough anyway. An essential part of the scientific method is to have an independent party be able to reproduce your results.

The reproducibility is built into the Ketchum study by having samples blind submitted to multiple labs.

Perhaps Meldrum's announced effort will persuade Ketchum or her editor to publish sooner rather than to continue to polish the diamond. One study won't be enough anyway. An essential part of the scientific method is to have an independent party be able to reproduce your results.

The reproducibility is built into the Ketchum study by having samples blind submitted to multiple labs.

Wow. As excited as I am to hear this, I'd think if I were in Dr. Meldrum's shoes, I'd keep information about this study to myself until such time a definitive release of some sort is imminent...

Why announce and welcome the rumor mill?

Exactly what i thought when i read through the thread.

all we need is another big round of he said-she said building up to nothing again.

meldrum seems serious about the BF thing, & is probably taking a risk professionally.

time will tell i suppose......

wheres slabdog with his patiently waiting skeleton pic?..Lol

Can someone email me a NDA I want to get in front of this one. :scout:

Edited by Martin

Guest gerrykleier

I think this deserves a thread of its own:

Does that mean there are 3 'parallel' DNA studies that we know of? Ketchum, Meldrum, Stubstad?

GK

There are stories of kidnappings and rapes by Bigfoot that have happened over the past 100 years. Too many for comfort to be honest.

The word 'known' is the wild one!

GK

Guest slimwitless

Does that mean there are 3 'parallel' DNA studies that we know of? Ketchum, Meldrum, Stubstad?

Yes, that's true. I also heard a rumor about someone conducting their own "study" on the sly...kind of like borrowing the company copier to print resumes. In any case, it seems the race is on.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest Crowlogic

If Meldrum has DNA then there is hope. If no DNA is in hand forget it we'll be waiting so long it won't matter either way.

Guest BFSleuth

Yes, that's true. I also heard a rumor about someone conducting their own "study" on the sly...kind of like borrowing the company copier to print resumes. In any case, it seems the race is on.

Substad isn't involved with a 3rd DNA study. He is dying right now. He was involved in the early stages of the Ketchum study, left when he had to sign a new NDA, and outed what he thought he knew about the status of the Ketchum study. The Ketchum thread has a lot of information about that.

To my knowledge Meldrum's study is the second known DNA study of BF.

Guest slimwitless

Substad isn't involved with a 3rd DNA study. He is dying right now. He was involved in the early stages of the Ketchum study, left when he had to sign a new NDA, and outed what he thought he knew about the status of the Ketchum study. The Ketchum thread has a lot of information about that.

Stubstad is ill but in a recent interview he said he believed he had at least two years left. I hope that's true. Do you know for certain his study has ended? Supposedly he wasn't the only one involved and as recently as March 7, he wrote on Lindsay's blog:

This has been a whole lot of conjecture for little or nothing. When we have the nuclear genome (I understand three samples have already been tested by Ketchum, and our ad-hoc group will test more), we will have the anatomical answers.

Here's the link.

He also posted his hypothesis on the origins of Sasquatch just last month.

Edited by slimwitless

Guest BFSleuth

Well, if he has a couple of years left with an ad hoc group (whatever that really means) and with uncertainty how many samples they are working with, I'm not sure I'd really qualify that as a study yet. In my opinion a study would entail a large sample size with complete genome sequencing.

It is heartening to hear that Meldrum is undertaking such a project with some of the most qualified researchers. This would either lead the way, or if published after Ketchum could confirm or shed additional light on BF DNA.

Perhaps it may be worth opening a betting pool for which study is published first...

Guest MikeG

Well, if it were a 400m race, one runner has just heard the starting gun, and the other runner is within an arm's length of the finishing line, albeit, not moving very fast.

-

Maybe this will be the last we'll hear from you Mulder about science not taking this issue seriously.

Mike

Guest flskunk

My money is on Meldrum. I think Melba is taking way to long and dragging on a bunch of nothing!!

If Meldrum has DNA then there is hope. If no DNA is in hand forget it we'll be waiting so long it won't matter either way.

Didn't Meldrum say he had bigfoot blood from a nail board? :blink:

Edited by Splash7

And so the classic battle of undocumented ape/animal vs relic/hybrid human begins I guess.

I'm with Meldrum if forced to choose.

There is a lot more to all of this than meets the casual eye.

Good reasons for the delay of the Ketchum Release with all of the NDA's and legal wranglings. But they shot themself in the foot with all of their leading FB postings though and seem to be efforting to fit a square peg in a round hole. Not going to get caught up in a timeframe for the release as there is a lot involved.

Would have been much better if they had played down their position as opposed to elevating expectations to unattainable heights if there was the slightest hint of ambiguity in their findings.

Surely you are more discerning than to take those stories with any measure of seriousness.

I swear, I was at the grocery store last week and one of those tabloid magazines they place near the register for the really bored and gullible had a front page article that claimed the person in the story had BF's baby.

:whistle: