The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

I'm personally in the 'believer' camp, but I gotta wonder about this

"We are also in the process of reaching out to some known hybrid-offspring of human and Bigfoot joining" !!!???

GK

Yes that has to make the giganto camp cringe, and what samples will they actually sequence if they fall too close to human?

Didn't Meldrum say he had bigfoot blood from a nail board? :blink:

Snelgrove Lake? I thought they'd already gotten all they could out of the samples.

Guest thermalman

Didn't Meldrum say he had bigfoot blood from a nail board? :blink:

I believe that blood sample might have been recovered up here in Canada during a taping of Monster Quest? I stand to be corrected though.

Well, if it were a 400m race, one runner has just heard the starting gun, and the other runner is within an arm's length of the finishing line, albeit, not moving very fast.

-

Maybe this will be the last we'll hear from you Mulder about science not taking this issue seriously.

Mike

That very much depends on whether or not Science (the institution, not individual scientists) actively engages either study in a meaningful way. So far they've dismissed or ignored every other bit of scientific research on the topic, and continue to publicly denounce it. We've had people right in this forum who claim scientific credentials dismiss any potential DNA findings as "not proving BF" without a confirmed specimen (from a body) as a comparative.

If I'm wrong I'll happily be wrong. But Science doesn't have a good track record when it comes to engaging BF evidence.

Guest MikeG

Re-reading my last post it sounds harsher than I meant, Mulder. Apologies. I was rather meaning that you must surely be pleased that science appears to be taking this issue seriously now, with 2 major DNA reports in the offing.

Mike

Surely you are more discerning than to take those stories with any measure of seriousness.

HR, sexual aggression against female humans by male apes is an uncommon but documented occurrence.

Re-reading my last post it sounds harsher than I meant, Mulder. Apologies. I was rather meaning that you must surely be pleased that science appears to be taking this issue seriously now, with 2 major DNA reports in the offing.

Mike

Accepted. We're good... :thumbsup:

As for the studies...let's see what happens...

Edited by Mulder

If Meldrum has DNA then there is hope. If no DNA is in hand forget it we'll be waiting so long it won't matter either way.

If Meldrum participated in an on-scene investigation of the sierra kills, and it is true he signed an nda with the Ketchum project, then he could have direct knowledge of Ketchums results. The fact that both of their names are mentioned as advisors on bigfootology simply indicates to me that Meldrum is setting up a repeat of Ketchum's work to drive this home. I expect he is more open to current findings than most people realize. He also has more than one sample that is currently in the Ketchum study.

Apparently no one is under an NDA. The names of the participates is already being release. A Ph.D. from oxford will have a leg up getting the results published in a journal. I imagine we will see ths before the Ketchum Report.

Apparently no one is under an NDA. The names of the participates is already being release. A Ph.D. from oxford will have a leg up getting the results published in a journal. I imagine we will see ths before the Ketchum Report.

If you're referring to Ms. Nekaris, it might be worth clarifying that she's from Oxford Brookes University, which, although highly regarded in its own right, isn't part of Oxford University itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_Brookes_University

Snelgrove Lake? I thought they'd already gotten all they could out of the samples.

For the Snelgrove Lake sample, it looked like they only did sequencing for a short bit of the mtDNA, and then stopped when it appeared to be an outlier of modern human.

This was logical, for the time. Do the fast and cheap test first (partial mtDNA sequencing), and if it comes back as modern human, stop wasting time and money on the sample.

Sasquatch with modern mtDNA and something else nuDNA? I doubt anyone seriously considered that at the time. Maybe at some point in the recent past, if they have some inside knowledge of the KP results , Meldrum and Curt Nelson did a head slap.

Makes you wonder how often this has happened in the past, stopping just short of the big chile because you got "modern" for the mtDNA.

Edited by tsiatkoVS

He might have some pull getting published, but it doesn't mean the work will be any easier for him in proving something. Releasing names participating in a second study is not the same as publicizing someone elses data. I wouldn't be so excited as to expect a paper from Sykes right around the corner. Geeze, the clamoring has already begun, and he hasn't even begun to test samples. If he wants to test some I'll send him a sample, but Melba has been paving the way here, and we owe her first dibs for all the heat she's taken. Can you imagine all inquires that are already being sent to the participants of this second study? Do you think they will be able to focus on their work with all the updates people will want overy step of the way? I hope you have a fresh supply of patience.

Guest BFSleuth

If you're referring to Ms. Nekaris, it might be worth clarifying that she's from Oxford Brookes University, which, although highly regarded in its own right, isn't part of Oxford University itself.

http://en.wikipedia....okes_University

Where did the name Nekaris get mentioned?

From the link in the OP the DNA scientist is Bryan Sykes, from Oxford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Sykes

The Olympic Project is working with Meldrum. I announced this at the conference in Richland last week. We have already submitted samples with high hopes, and we plan to submit many more this summer. We are excited about the possibilities.

DR