The Sykes / Sartori Report - Oxford-Lausanne Collateral Hominid Project

Guest gershake

Yes ,just knowing the color and length for most animals can do a lot. along with where you find the hairs. Just about any animal could leave a hair on the bottom wire on a barbed wire fence, but the top wire can rule some out.  If you find a tree with a lot of damage and copious amounts of 5" long wavy dark hairs on it, then you are talking large shaggy mammal and you grab the microscope and spend a lot of time learning about hairs.

summit walker you may want to ask the people on here and others that have not come forth with their experience, about how they can believe in such a thing when they see it standing in it's tracks.

Lots of people think they see unusual things, some of those people think they see an upright hairy bipedal creature.  Not everyone thinks that what they saw was a physical being however. 

I file Sykes' results under the heading of, "Would have been nice."  If I could presume to know, I think he puts it in that file also.

But, it is one of those outcomes that can be claimed by either side of the debate, but both need to admit it doesn't count for much. From my side,  I don't consider it dispositive at all. I'm not sure at what number or negative samples I'd start to consider it more seriously, but a lot more than the number he did test. Even at that, I'd still want a coherent explanation of all of the other evidence, and I've never heard any such explanation that even begins to be coherent. ("It is not possible", is not a coherent explanation, BTW...it is a profession of faith).

It does cross my mind more often than it used to that human mDNA might be showing up in these studies for a good reason...many more of these and I'm going to be even more open to that.

Be that as it may, I compare these BF DNA studies to the SETI project. The odds of hitting pay-dirt are going to be better than making contact with an alien civilization I reckon, but both face long odds, and the quest for BF DNA needs to continue as long as the other evidence goes unanswered. 

Admin