Guest kpmorgan2

Most Probable Other Than Pgf?

Guest kpmorgan2

Other than the PGF (as many are likely to select it) what picture or video do you ladies and gentlemen feel is best evidence for the existence of Bigfoot? Thanks for any thoughts.

salubrious

I think this one poses the most difficulty of alternative explanation (hoax, other animal, etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSvcwj38wk

Although ephemeral due to snow, even with prosthetics no human could do what was done here, nor would they have the incentive.

Sorry I did not find the original footage, so the FB/FB will have to do for now.

OntarioSquatch

I'm a firm believer in the white ones. There are some others I think are likely real. Some posted by fb/fb, but those are more difficult to make out in the video. But at the absolute top of my list it's M.K's Whitey and the 1967 PGF.

edit: The carbondale backyard is also one of my favorites, but I can't really say I'm absolutely 100% certain it's real.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

BFSleuth

I agree that the series of videos being posted of Whitey by MK Davis are very intriguing.

Guest poignant

No need to 'believe' in the white ones (or any of them), they're not a faith or religion.

I'd suggest the Hoffman and PEI videos on top of what Salubrious and OntarioSquatch have already added.

Edited by poignant

Guest Primate

Freeman's film comes to mind in addition to those mentioned ..

The Freeman footage is also one of my favorites (has all the characteristics of what a Sasquatch would look like and looks strikingly similar to my experience). Not only that, but the Canada footage with the 1000+ tracks seems almost impossible to fake.

Guest Yeti1974

The New Mexico "camper" photo.

Guest poignant

Yeti1974 I'm not familiar with this NM camper photo. Do you have a link?

thermalman

I think this one poses the most difficulty of alternative explanation (hoax, other animal, etc.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dSvcwj38wk

Although ephemeral due to snow, even with prosthetics no human could do what was done here, nor would they have the incentive.

Sorry I did not find the original footage, so the FB/FB will have to do for now.

Just a couple of things I noted, and maybe others did also? Where the supposed BF walked on logs, branches and bush, there didn't seem to be enough broken items considering how big this BF was estimated to be, and how heavy he should have weighed. There were many shots of branches in the deep "footprints" not broken! My guess for the prints would be a coyote, wolverine, badger, bobcat or the likes of jumping through the deep snow, which would also explain the prints disappearing near the logs up the hill and lack of more broken shrubbery.

Edited by thermalman

salubrious

Just a couple of things I noted, and maybe others did also? Where the supposed BF walked on logs, branches and bush, there didn't seem to be enough broken items considering how big this BF was estimated to be, and how heavy he should have weighed. There were many shots of branches in the deep "footprints" not broken! My guess for the prints would be a coyote, wolverine, badger, bobcat or the likes of jumping through the deep snow, which would also explain the prints disappearing near the logs up the hill and lack of more broken shrubbery.

Others have indeed noted :)

There are some things to keep in mind. First- its frozen, sticks and stuff don't break nearly as easily! Second, this is being done be someone that is barefoot. It is the latter that makes possible silence as it moves over the landscape (that is true for humans too- its all about movement, that's why we have so many bones in our feet). When a biped walks in a silent way (including humans), it is often because it does not break sticks regardless of the time of year. But in the winter, sticks really don't want to break. The thing to look at is the size of the tracks, the distance between them (stride) and the left-right feature (gait). Also it helps to know that a human has to wade through this stuff as it was knee-deep.

The 'leaping animal' idea has already been washed up. This is an in-line trackway, but you can see that there is a left and a right. If it were a leaping animal, the feet of that animal would have left tracks in the bottom of each lateral ridge (lateral ridge='well' of the track). Plus no evidence of a tail. I've pointed out before that all these facts and more are obvious to those trained in tracking. And I've had people tell me that they 'don't need to know anything about tracking to know BF does not exist'. Obviously this last argument does not hold water- if you are to prove a mathematical formula you need to know math... similarly if you have tracking skills its easy to spot if its a fake or not.

All the skeptics I've seen chime in on this one have really had to grasp at straws; its difficult to explain away and poses a serious task to any skeptic. Of course, I've not seen any skeptics that were also trackers, so I imagine they had no idea how ridiculous some of their 'arguments' actually were.

BTW, by 'tracker', I don't mean just a hunter, but someone who understands the meaning of the lateral ridge, pressure releases (and can name hundreds of different types) and their significance, stride, gait, how to know from an existing track where to find the next one, how to tell the health of the being that made the track, stuff like that.

I hate it when FB/FB guy spouts out conjecture and opinion as if they are actual facts.

thermalman

Others have indeed noted :)

There are some things to keep in mind. First- its frozen, sticks and stuff don't break nearly as easily! Second, this is being done be someone that is barefoot. It is the latter that makes possible silence as it moves over the landscape (that is true for humans too- its all about movement, that's why we have so many bones in our feet). When a biped walks in a silent way (including humans), it is often because it does not break sticks regardless of the time of year. But in the winter, sticks really don't want to break. The thing to look at is the size of the tracks, the distance between them (stride) and the left-right feature (gait). Also it helps to know that a human has to wade through this stuff as it was knee-deep.

The 'leaping animal' idea has already been washed up. This is an in-line trackway, but you can see that there is a left and a right. If it were a leaping animal, the feet of that animal would have left tracks in the bottom of each lateral ridge (lateral ridge='well' of the track). Plus no evidence of a tail. I've pointed out before that all these facts and more are obvious to those trained in tracking. And I've had people tell me that they 'don't need to know anything about tracking to know BF does not exist'. Obviously this last argument does not hold water- if you are to prove a mathematical formula you need to know math... similarly if you have tracking skills its easy to spot if its a fake or not.

All the skeptics I've seen chime in on this one have really had to grasp at straws; its difficult to explain away and poses a serious task to any skeptic. Of course, I've not seen any skeptics that were also trackers, so I imagine they had no idea how ridiculous some of their 'arguments' actually were.

BTW, by 'tracker', I don't mean just a hunter, but someone who understands the meaning of the lateral ridge, pressure releases (and can name hundreds of different types) and their significance, stride, gait, how to know from an existing track where to find the next one, how to tell the health of the being that made the track, stuff like that.

Any creature of BF size, no matter how softly he walks and barefoot, will ultimately break frozen sticks from size and weight alone, IMHO. Please explain to me how frozen sticks do not break as easily? As easily as what?

How does one explain the absence of tracks towards the top of the hill? A hill covered in logs and deadfall where an animal might take the easy route, walking on top of them rather than jump through the snow until he necessarily has to?

The videographer was able to step into each track that was presented, except for the one off a log where it exceeded his range of stride? Doesn't look as though the stride was consistent with a large animal, but more of a leaping one where the distances vary. Lynx, bobcat, wolverine, are all examples of animals with minimal tails that could leap in the deep snow.

Just posing some logical questions.

Edited by thermalman