Sasquatch Kills Hunter?

Guest Chefsquared

Guest Chefsquared

Possibly in CO. Tim "Coonbo"Baker told of a story about a guide taking a hunter out on a trip. The hunter saw a BF and shot it and it went down. Another BF ran from nowhere to the hunter. His rifle jammed and couldn't get another round off. Meanwhile, the guide drops his gun and runs, while running he turns to see the 2nd Sasquatch take the hunters head off...

Made the newspapers as a bear attack.. Very interesting story, Coonbo was told by the guide himself

Anyone know of this and any info on it? Or any other reports that are similar.

That's insane if true. I always figured when a person sees a squatch, there's another hidden, watching and something like this would happen if anyone tried to kill one.

Guest Chefsquared

Starting at 118:55 on this blogcast:

http://www.blogtalkr...im-coonbo-baker

Mr. Baker said the guide told him the story, it happened in the 1980's in Colorado, and it was in the news as a bear attack. However, I can't find anything like that in lists of fatal bear attacks.

Thank you BFSLEUTH, That's where I first heard of it. It was a great blogcast. I was looking for additional information and should of referenced that blogcast..

Guest OntarioSquatch

I guess the only thing worse than Messin with Sasquatch is Messin with several Sasquatch. Takes quite a bit of strength to rip someone's head off :o

Guest JiggyPotamus

This is the first time I've heard of this actually happening, apart from the old case of the guys in the cabin with the sasquatch swarm. This is one of those things that is bound to happen eventually, so it's entirely possible. It is believable that someone would drop their gun and run, as some hunters report never even considering firing at the thing. Almost like the thought never crosses their mind, as they are overtaken with a fear response. I suppose if the thing had been right on him he may have attempted to fire, the guide I mean.

I don't know what type of rifle he was using or anything, but the only rifle I've ever had jam on me is a .22, which he wouldn't have been using. I suppose other rifles can jam, as it is possible, but I don't remember ever running into that problem. Sasquatch may have disabled the firing mechanism telepathically though. Haha, maybe not. I don't roll down that road, as it were.

But to the heart of the matter...I know myself and others have expressed our concern over the possibility that a sasquatch, understanding the situation, could very well enact vengeance upon someone who has harmed or killed on of their group. I honestly would not want to even picture a huge, hulking mass that is a sasquatch when it is angry and looking to kill somebody.

I think that they shy away from interfering with humans because if they did, we would likely have pursued them to extinction thousands of years ago. Maybe they are intelligent enough to understand this. Animals of all types surprise me all the time, whether in real life or online. Just the other day my dog incorporated two tricks I have seen him use in the past to get me, his master, away from my brother's Pomeranian that I guess I have inherited. I'm in my room with the Pomeranian dog, Joey, and my dog Caesar is outside the door. He doesn't want me hanging around with that dog, so he fetches a squeaky toy and sticks it right up to the door, where there is a crack at the bottom...

He then starts squeaking it like crazy, which makes Joey want to come out of my room. So he scratches and I let him out. Then Caesar runs to the front door and scratches on it to go in the yard...Joey goes outside anytime you will let him, so of course he runs to the door as well. In the excitement of running to the door, Caesar backs off and lets Joey go first, but then Caesar doesn't go outside. He jumps up at me, telling me to close the front door. After I do, he runs into my room to wait for me, free of the other dog. Now some may think that it doesn't take much intelligence to do that, and they're probably right, but it takes more planning ahead than I thought most dogs were capable of doing without being trained to do it.

But dogs are pretty smart. I had seen him do both of those things before, but this time he combined them into one maneuver. I was just left scratching my head to be honest, lol. Anyway, I think sasquatch are likely to have been observing humans much more than we have observed them, and maybe they keep it that way to maintain the tactical advantage. It would offer an explanation not only for why we have trouble finding them, but also shows that they are intelligent. Even though a story like this could be true, that doesn't mean it is. I could possibly go to Vegas with 3 supermodels tonight, but the likelihood of that happening is like...what, 50%? Not even 1% unfortunately. I know some may find that hard to believe, because I actually am a huge purple hippopotamus in real life, which is very attractive as we all know. But I digress, as tends to occur.quite frequently with me.

So these guys obviously weren't out bigfoot hunting, rather they just happened across one? I think that if this did happen, it would definitely be classified as a bear attack. That is almost a given, considering what most people believe. The guy could have told them authorities it was a sasquatch, but I am almost certain that even if they believed him they would likely officially conclude it was a bear that caused the death. So ya, I think that if there is a way to verify a bear attack in the police records from the 80's, that may lend some credibility to this story. I don't know what organizations would have a record of this though. Depending on where it happened, most likely police and forest service. I don't live in bear country, but I would think that a bear attack that ends in a fatality would at least make the news, if not be a big deal. I just don't know the stats on how often something like that happens.

I bet it would have been one grizzly scene though, and I am almost willing to bet that if this is true, there was evidence at the scene to corroborate the guide's story of a sasquatch perpetrating the attack. For one there is a dead sasquatch, which may or may not have been carried off by the other one...but even ignoring that possible piece of evidence, there would probably be at least one obvious thing about the scene that just didn't look like a bear attack. Perhaps the lack of claw marks...Oh, and the fact that bears don't rip peoples' heads off. At least not as a habit, that I know of. I would really like to know if it is even possible to verify any attack that matches the time, area, etc., and whether it could be verified without actually traveling to where it occurred...I don't know where one would look online. In the physical location, it may be possible to review newspaper reports from the period, because as I said, it probably would have made the news. Unless it was kept quiet by both the police, the family, and the guide that was there.

Guest Chefsquared

From the story told, the BF did go down, but couldn't be confirmed to be dead. The guide reported it to the authorities as a BF attack, they went back to the scene, collected the body parts, briefly searched for the BF to no avail. Then the authorities reported it as a bear attack

Edited by MikeG
.......Please don't quote the preceding post

Retaliation reports not on the web I know of in E Texas include a BF male getting shot at while wading in a stock tank (pond) and it throwing rocks back and also shooter see's BF female and young to the side as he retreats. Returning with ranch owner later they find a row of the rancher's calves killed and placed inline head to tail disemboweled with guts hanging on the fence. Also a well known older E Texas report of first responders finding a man ripped apart on the side of the road. Not shot or cut, torn....

Guest Chefsquared

sorry mike g

Holy crap Gearman, sounds horrific. Are these sources credible, as far as you know?

sorry mike g

Holy crap Gearman, sounds horrific. Are these sources credible, as far as you know?

Yes they are from credible researchers I still work with. Witness and land owners did not want it out there.

Guest BFSleuth

I guess the only thing worse than Messin with Sasquatch is Messin with several Sasquatch. Takes quite a bit of strength to rip someone's head off :o

It didn't just rip his head off, it proceeded to rip off all the arms and legs and cast them about in a rage.

Ever see that documentary of chimpanzees hunting monkeys where the monkey gets thrown to the ground and surrounded by chimps? One chimp just reached in and yanked off a leg in a split second, then it was a free for all.

I don't know what type of rifle he was using or anything, but the only rifle I've ever had jam on me is a .22, which he wouldn't have been using.

But to the heart of the matter...I know myself and others have expressed our concern over the possibility that a sasquatch, understanding the situation, could very well enact vengeance upon someone who has harmed or killed on of their group.

So these guys obviously weren't out bigfoot hunting, rather they just happened across one? I think that if this did happen, it would definitely be classified as a bear attack. That is almost a given, considering what most people believe. The guy could have told them authorities it was a sasquatch, but I am almost certain that even if they believed him they would likely officially conclude it was a bear that caused the death. So ya, I think that if there is a way to verify a bear attack in the police records from the 80's, that may lend some credibility to this story. I don't know what organizations would have a record of this though. Depending on where it happened, most likely police and forest service. I don't live in bear country, but I would think that a bear attack that ends in a fatality would at least make the news, if not be a big deal. I just don't know the stats on how often something like that happens.

I bet it would have been one grizzly scene though, and I am almost willing to bet that if this is true, there was evidence at the scene to corroborate the guide's story of a sasquatch perpetrating the attack. For one there is a dead sasquatch, which may or may not have been carried off by the other one...but even ignoring that possible piece of evidence, there would probably be at least one obvious thing about the scene that just didn't look like a bear attack. Perhaps the lack of claw marks...Oh, and the fact that bears don't rip peoples' heads off. At least not as a habit, that I know of. I would really like to know if it is even possible to verify any attack that matches the time, area, etc., and whether it could be verified without actually traveling to where it occurred...I don't know where one would look online. In the physical location, it may be possible to review newspaper reports from the period, because as I said, it probably would have made the news. Unless it was kept quiet by both the police, the family, and the guide that was there.

I'd have to go back for another listen, but I seem to recall the client was shooting a .270. Acceptable round for the mule deer they were hunting, but not for grizzly or BF. The guide dropping his rifle and running instead of firing on the 2nd BF tells me that the approach of the 2nd BF coming downhill must have been fast and maximally intimidating. Probably saved his life.

Interesting that the first BF, the one that the client shot, came up the hill in the clearing to drive the deer toward the top into an apparent ambush. When the first BF was shot, then the alpha male that was waiting in ambush for the deer must have reacted immediately in rage.

The guide reported it to the authorities as a BF attack and they brought plenty of armed back up and dogs, collected the body parts but weren't able to locate any dead BF. It was apparently reported in the local paper as a fatal bear attack. This was said to have happened in the 1980's in Colorado.

I've tried an internet search for fatal bear attacks, but nothing comes up matching this report:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

I'm continuing to search. Perhaps someone with knowledge of local papers in southern Colorado or New Mexico in the 1980's might be able to find the story. Until we have some corroborating evidence I'm keeping my salt shaker handy.

Guest BFSleuth

The only fatal bear attack I can find in Colorado was 1993. That one is terrifying to consider... the bear tore open the door of the man's trailer...

Guest Chefsquared

That's scary, I think here in NY, a bear snatched a baby from a stroller

found it...same site..

Ester Schwimmer, 5 months, female

August 2002

Black

Bear grabs and kills 5 month old infant from stroller on the porch of home in Fallsburg,

Edited by Chefsquared