Sasquatch Kills Hunter?

Guest Chefsquared

I had a thought.....(ow!)

I was reading about the lady attacked by the chimpanzee ( foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497984,00.html ) and noticed that the chimp's attack MO resembles the methods used by bigfoot in the story this thread is about, and the other ones in which the bf decapitates the victim or basically just rips it apart.

When I was in school, lo these many years ago, discussions of animal defense/offense mechanisms would mention claws, teeth, spines, horns and antlers, armor-like plating, tough hides, skunk-like odor mechanisms, etc. We never mentioned hands, per se. Nails, maybe, but not the actual hand.

The deaths in some of the stories of bf attacks on humans and bf hunting methods indicate that sasquatches do use their hands as weapons. They just yank stuff apart, essentially. I find this especially horrific. Maybe because humans don't use their hands in this way any more, really...(do they?) ( Or maybe its horrific nature is why we don't use this method of attack...?)

Maybe that's pretty obvious, but it needs to be said and needs to be part of our thinking about sasquatches.

Guest BFSleuth

You make a very good point, KC. Their grip strength must be off the charts (tree twists), not to mention their ability to lift or pull (trapezius muscles so large they are attached at the back of the head). For them to decapitate a human would be like a human decapitating a chicken or duck by wringing their neck.

It also seems that they use their fists to pound on prey, basically breaking bones and killing by blunt force trauma. Chimpanzees, orangutans, and gorillas pound on their prey and victims as well as pulling them apart. Here are two reports noting blunt force method of killing:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=3385

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=8547

Note the hog hunter observed the BF pound on the hog "like pounding on a table". The speed of the attack was unnerving to say the least.

Guest Coonbo

Coonbo, it sounds like you have seen many bigfoot. Are you able to see them anytime you want, or have a pretty good chance of seeing them? Have you taken video or pictures of them? What is your goal in your research? Comparing what you have seen, and from the sounds of it, have seen up close, do you think the Patterson Bigfoot looks similar? Besides this incident, do you directly know anyone that has shot and killed a bigfoot?

I really find this stuff amazing....too bad I have never seen one.

PIZ, I've seen several BF and some of them on multiple occasions, but I can NOT see them anytime I want, although the use of infrared equipment (thermal imaging, night vision, etc.) now greatly increases the chance of seeing them when they would normally be hidden to us. But, by the use of certain techniques, including calling and carefully listening for answers, other vocalizations, and additional clues to their presence, I can usually determine if there are any in the neighborhood. But, this is somewhat dependent on how much they've been messed with by other folks. The very best responses and the best chance of seeing the Alpha male, often happen the first time that I go into an area, and it's a new area where folks haven't been in there call blasting and such.

In areas where I've been a lot, and the local boogers have gotten to know me, I get fairly reliable responses from the juveniles and young subordinate males - they like to mess with us as much as we like to mess with them. They often like to try to "count coup" on us, and this makes for some fun, interesting times in the field.

I used to spend lots of time trying to take photos or videos of BF, and had very little success doing it. More often than not, the presence of a camera in my hands just made the BF more cautious of me and more difficult to get to see. BF like to see empty hands. But I have managed to get a very few blobsquatch pics, and was involved in getting a couple of good videos.

Initially, the goal of my research was to prove they exist, but I know now that that would be highly detrimental to them as a species. Now, my primary goals are to learn just how wide spread they really are, learn differences in local habits, teach others about them, and try to determine if we're dealing with just one species with LOTS of variation, like humans, or if there are multiple sub-species, or even multiple distinct species. The long-snouted, werewolf looking ones intrigue me. Examples are the "beast of LBL" and the "beast of Seven Chutes". Google them and look at the pics and drawings. I've personally taken several reports of creatures like them and investigated sightings of them. A friend of mine even found one in some pics we were analyzing for a fellow researcher.

Some of the BF I've come across look like the typical "Patty" type, but others are more lightly built. The female that I saw on the back of our farm was, I believe, the Alpha female, and she looked similar to Patty in the face, but not as dumpy in the body, or as "well endowed". The Alpha male there is a big ol' boy at right at 10ft tall and massively built, but I've only seen one other one like him and that was in east Texas, and he was even bigger. The alpha male (that I saw several times) where I used to live in Mississippi was only about 8ft tall and probably weighed around 2/3 what the one on our farm weighs. But there's an Alpha just a few miles from there that I've never gotten to see, but from some evidence of what he's done that I've seen, he must be an awesome specimen.

And, No, I do not directly know anyone who claims to have killed a BF. I know one person who claims to have shot one, but he didn't kill it (or maybe it was one of his family members that did the shooting. I can't remember.). If you dig around and can find some information about an incident that happened near Honobia, Oklahoma, you can read about it.

I was checking out on Google these two foremention beasts. Becareful of the following site....The Beast of LBL....Long General Horror Story....it has a nasty Vista virus. I hopefully caught it before it took over as my "new anti-virus program".

...now back to the beast. The Chutes one looks to have a baboon style nose.

Coonbo, do you have a website where I could read more about your research? I'd love to read more of your stories. Where would be the best place to read or hear about your sightings? Have you ever thought of doing a TV program? What are your thoughts on Matt Moneymaker and the BFRO? Their group / show could use someone of your experience, but it sounded like you really don't want Bigfoot to be proved real.......is that accurate?

Guest Coonbo

PIZ, I don't have a website. I used to hang out on the old Alabama Bigfoot Research Forums site, but that site is now defunct. I've thought about doing a TV program, but first, I really have no aspirations of being on TV, and second, the show would have to be very different from the typical ones that are on now. All of the fluff, BS, fake drama, and continuous repetition of things after every commercial drive me crazy. If I did one, it would be pared down to the actual stuff that we do in the field and to the actual encounters, as they happen, without any added drama. Truth be told, the show would probably be too boring for the mainstream public, unless we boiled down days upon days (and nights upon nights) of field research to get an hour or so of "exciting" video that would "sell". And I just don't have the time for that. I still work for a living. In addition, I don't want my techniques and methods being made public, and neither do the other serious researchers that I work with.

The BFRO website is a valuable asset not only for those that are wanting to learn more about BF, but also for serious researchers, as are several other sites on the web. I have personally been approached a couple of times by members of the BFRO wanting me to teach them my calling techniques, however, because of personal differences between me and the so-called "curators" of the BFRO, which I won't discuss publicly, we have not been able to get together. As far as being on the show with them, I probably wouldn't let them film or record me calling. What you hear on their show and on the Sierra Sounds CD is the "kindergarten" of BF calling. And some of the Sierra Sounds stuff is definitely NOT BF vocalizations.

And you are correct, at this point in my life, I know now that to prove that BF exist would be extremely detrimental to the BF as well as to our economy in general. Think about this: What are the two main indicators of the condition of our economy?...... Automobile sales and housing starts. What do housing starts depend upon?... Readily available and relatively cheap home building products. What is the number one component of home building products in this country?.... Wood. Where does the wood come from?..... Large tracts of relatively uninhabited forest. Where do BF primarily live?.... In large tracts of relatively uninhabited forest. In many states, the lumber industry is one of the top, if not THE top, income producing industries. Remember what the supposedly endangered spotted owl did to the lumber industry in the Pacific Northwest. It brought it to its knees and put LOTS of folks out of work. And there is still major controversy about logging in that area even today. Think of what would happen if it was revealed that our forests and boonies, nationwide, are inhabited by this "newly discovered, awesome species": Bigfoot. The tree huggers and environmentalists would go ape-schit over the destruction of their habitat by the "terrible and heartless" logging industry. That would ignite an absolutely incredible firestorm of controversy. Environmental terrorism would be rampant. This is still going on in the PNW even today. In addition, probably millions upon millions of acres of public lands would suddenly be closed to human access, to include fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, backpacking, and general recreation, all in the name of preserving Sasquatch habitat and protecting them. Then you really would have a bunch of folks trying to kill them. Suddenly there really ARE monsters hiding in the woods. Nope, I don't want them to be proven. I just want to learn what I can about them.

Edited by Coonbo
To remove quote of directly preceding post

^^Sounds reasonable to me...

Coonbo, I hope I'm not being a pest, but I absolutely believe you. I've been skeptical about Bigfoot the past few years, but I think you are bringing me back to really believing again. I myself, would LOVE to watch a REAL bigfoot expedition, with REAL researchers. The fluff isn't what brings me to watching shows like Finding Bigfoot.....it's the real info.......the fake fluff stuff is always unmistakeable, and ruins the show. I want to see real researching and I don't see anything boring about science. Anway, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I was thinking of some more quesitons, if you don't mind:

What is your most favorite personal encounter?

What is the most bigfoot you have seen in one encounter?

Have you seen a toddler or baby bigfoot? What did it look like and what was that encounter?

What states have you seen bigfoot?

How often do you see bigfoot? Weekly, monthly, yearly?

How close have you come to a bigfoot?

Seeing your first bigfoot.....what surprised you the most about it's appearance when you finally saw a REAL one in person?

Thanks.

Great posts coonbo. Also wanted to add that I am very glad you have started posting here, we need more experienced people like you willing to share some of what they know, thank you for that.

Edited by dxtsniper

> (good questions, PIZ)

What will happen should sasquatches be "discovered" depends completely on the reaction of the media.

Will they get all Captain Planet-- raise the big guy up on a tall pedastal, coo about its rarity, its intelligence, and the need to protect this awesome gentle giant of our ancient forests?

Will they go the tabloid route-- feature lurid pictures and get most of their information from Fasano's Youtube channel, resulting in continuing public disbelief in the ape-man that lurks in swamps, despite the DNA?

Will they google the topic, seize upon frightening encounters and cannibal legends, and wirte stories that cause a public vigilante movement to wipe out the murderous and human-hating bigfoot tribe?

I cannot predict what will happen, but the above scenarios include some possible dread consequences.

> To my mind, an excellent question is, who is going to do PR for bigfoot once the species is dragged into the public arena? Who will help their pubilc image and apply the correct spin? Don Draper, you out there?

Edited by Kings Canyon

What you hear on their show and on the Sierra Sounds CD is the "kindergarten" of BF calling. And some of the Sierra Sounds stuff is definitely NOT BF vocalizations.

Most excellant posts you do. The above quote, I was under the impression that the "sounds" on the CD were the real McCoy. Do note I haven't purchased the CD as of late. I would be......should others would also....for you to post a link to what you believe is an actual BF making a call. Some reason, you give off truthfullness through your posts.

Guest Schmiml

Coonbo,

I am pretty new--not a scientist--just a person who believes that these creatures do exist. The more I have read, I think my initial thoughts may be right:

See, I have always theorized that when we presented with programming going in search of bigfoot, or trail cams with bait, no matter how industrious and cleve we think we are, I believe that Bigfoot can 'sense' these devices--my theory was along the lines of that as being creature, they have higher tuned senses than we do (like a dog & high pitched sounds). Of course we aren't going to catch something up close if they can sense and circumnavigate the device set out to catch them. What you have related seems to make my theory make more sense. A good example would be the off-chance capturing of Patty and how it wasn't by technology--it was coming around a corner with the horses being spooked--then the filming...

Anyway--thank you for your contributions.

--Schmiml

Guest crabshack

First time posting, I had read the part about the guys head being ripped off and others suspecting simular attacks found this today just randomly surfing the web....

Woman tourist, 23, found decapitated after going missing while hiking through the Himalayas in Nepal