Sasquatch Kills Hunter?

Guest Chefsquared

Guest Mudder

I don't believe the human population would go nuts over the finding of bigfoot. The logging industry has been very good about replanting (hence why a lot of our lumber is from baby trees). I think the government would simply put a ban on hunting them and we all would go about our daily lives in the woods as usual. Sorry to go off topic a bit.

:offtopic:

Edit: I think we'd all just be more alert in the woods, and knowing that we have a very intelligent, and very large, creature/ape/whatever-you-call-them that lives amongst us. We'd simply be America and Canada and wherever that now has "primates". I think it'd be as taboo as hunting a bald eagle, if not moreso, therefore I think us people (most of us) would be very law-abiding citizens and respect the hunting ban. Think of all the reports of hunters that have had the chance to shoot a bigfoot and don't. Why? Because we, as people, for the most part, are kind gentle creatures, and shooting a sasquatch would almost be like murder. Make it a stiff penalty for poaching one, and good luck hiding and shipping and stuffing a 8-11 ft bohemeth and not getting the word out.

Edited by Mudder

Guest Peter O.

I could possibly go to Vegas with 3 supermodels tonight, but the likelihood of that happening is like...what, 50%? Not even 1% unfortunately. I know some may find that hard to believe, because I actually am a huge purple hippopotamus in real life, which is very attractive as we all know.

LOL. But don't worry, there's hope--that teddy bear seems to be getting plenty of action! ;)

Guest Nalajr

Hey COONBO, LOVED that show where you told the story and many others. I listened to it a couple times to make sure I got it all in.

Have you been on other shows talking about your encounters and others that have encountered Sassy and it didn't end too well for them? How about the scarier Sassy stories, have you been on shows talking about those? If so, please tell me where I can go to hear them, I LOVE that kinda stuff and can listen to it every night.

Thanks

Nalajr

Coonbo, if you know people from Honobia, do you know Timberghost personally? Are any of the BF you've encountered of the type he calls "monsters" (either in appearance or attitude)?

Guest Coonbo

Mulder, I've personally met Timberghost, and he is a very knowledgeable, straight-up guy. He knows BF, too. I got to see that first hand. We went down to a location near Paris, Texas one time to a location where a bunch of supposed BF activity had been going on. With me were two other researcher friends of mine: OklahomaSquatch and another fellow who uses the handle of "Ghost". Timberghost had come down separately. We hadn't been there very long and I began to suspect that we were being hoaxed, but I just kept my eyes and ears open for a while. Finally I couldn't stand it and I got OKSquatch and Ghost off to the side and told them my suspicions, they totally agreed with me. We decided we'd seen enough and were going to leave. About that time Timberghost came up and he was quite mad, and rightfully so. He said he'd had enough of that crap and he was getting out of there. i told him we'd just come to the same conclusion. We all loaded up and left immediately. He definitely knew a hoax when he saw one and he has very little tolerance for BS'ers. I'll share a campfire with him anytime.

Unfortunately, much of Timberghost's experience with BF has been quite negative. The ones in his home area are, I believe on average, more belligerent than the average one's I've encountered elsewhere. I had been in the Kiamichi Mtns, Winding Stair Mtn, and western Ouachita Mtns. area one time before I met Timberghost, and I've never been to an area where I felt endangered in so many places and felt so much pervasive evil as I did in several places in that area. Now, I never even saw a glimpse of a BF there, so I don't know if the average local BF population looks like what we would normally expect, or if the long-snouted ones are more prevalent there. Probably, if I'd had the types of BF encounters that Timberghost has had, I'd feel about them like he does.

I've encountered a few that, by their actions, could be classified as "monsters", but I've never seen one that was outside the norm of what we expect them to look like.

Coonbo, if you want a look at something very close to what TG calls "monsters", check this link:

http://www.picvalley...hPG3QHTT9Ix.JPG

I've been told it's close enough to some seen in his areas that it causes flashbacks.

And the OK area seems to be a "hotspot" for bad-tempered or just plain evil monkeys. One historical account:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/61862/thread/1001354386/last-1027853702/THE+LEGEND+OF+SACRED+BABY+MOUNTAIN+By+Dr.+Tuklo+Nashoba

Edited by Mulder

^Well, it's not actually supposed to be a sassy...it's a reconstruction of Neanderthal man without the anthropomorphization that has been grafted onto it over the years to "humanize" it (make it more like us H. Sapiens Sapiens).

It was commissioned as part of a project to put forth a new theory on the interactions between Neanderthals and HSS based on predation and forced breeding on the part of Neanderthal. You can find a good site about it here: http://www.themandus.org/.

I've been told by TG that this reconstruction has much in common visually with the "monsters" he has to deal with.

• 3 months later...

This was a fascinating thread. Thanks to all who participated! Great reading, thanks Coonbo especially. It's from folks like you that I want to learn and why I come here.

As a hunter I've field dressed my fair share of game........

My BS alarm goes off when this guide makes the claim that this Squatch ripped this guy's head, arms and legs off. Or if not the guide then the person who talked to the guide that was being interviewed.

I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 250 lbs.........and I don't think I could tear a coyote's head off with my bare hands, nor his appendages. I don't even think I could tear a rabbit's head off with my bare hands. Break their necks? Sure. But actually DETACH it without a knife or hatchet or other tool (sharp rock)? I don't think so.

250 lbs vs. 40 lbs is roughly a 6:1 ratio. 800 lbs vs. 200 lbs is a 4:1 ratio.

You need sharp claws and teeth for a job like that............hide, tendons and muscle are pretty tough.

Yeah really norseman... Don't know if I'd wanna contract his services.

IF the story is true? What an unethical piece of work that guy is......

Wanna see a real guide earn his pay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQnZyeukczI

Norseman, I don't believe that there was a squatch that ripped the head of a hunter either but your comparisons are probably off. A hundred pound chimp would likely be stronger than you due to different muscle attachments. A bigfoot might be 10x stronger but only 2x your weight? Might be able to make a guess if an example is ever brought in.

Guest BFSleuth

Then again, poignant made a quick analysis of the output of energy for a BF to run up the hillside of Area X, and it was roughly 10x more than a human. This roughly correlates with how much stronger chimpanzees are than humans. I've seen documentaries of chimpanzees hunting, and one of the most chilling scenes that I can't get out of my mind is the monkey surrounded by chimpanzees that is in shock as a chimp reaches in and snatches a leg right off that poor monkey. Then it was a free for all as chimps ripped off parts of the body and ran away to enjoy their feast.

The size of a BF hand would be enough to provide a lot more leverage than the average human. Add considerably more muscle in the arms and shoulders and likely greater muscle strength pound for pound, and I could see how it is possible for a BF to rip off the head of a human.