Sasquatch Kills Hunter?

Guest Chefsquared

Then again, poignant made a quick analysis of the output of energy for a BF to run up the hillside of Area X, and it was roughly 10x more than a human. This roughly correlates with how much stronger chimpanzees are than humans. I've seen documentaries of chimpanzees hunting, and one of the most chilling scenes that I can't get out of my mind is the monkey surrounded by chimpanzees that is in shock as a chimp reaches in and snatches a leg right off that poor monkey. Then it was a free for all as chimps ripped off parts of the body and ran away to enjoy their feast.

The size of a BF hand would be enough to provide a lot more leverage than the average human. Add considerably more muscle in the arms and shoulders and likely greater muscle strength pound for pound, and I could see how it is possible for a BF to rip off the head of a human.

Do you have a link?

I wrestled with a white tail buck one time that was wounded when I was a young football player. I also rode bareback during my college rodeo days. I have a healthy respect for animal strength.

I'd still like to see the video though of a monkey simply being pulled apart by a Chimp without it biting at it or anything first.

Guest poignant

Then again, poignant made a quick analysis of the output of energy for a BF to run up the hillside of Area X, and it was roughly 10x more than a human. This roughly correlates with how much stronger chimpanzees are than humans.

Thanks for the mention. I used a conservative estimate and I think it was roughly 10 - 20x that of an ELITE human athlete and 15 - 30x the strength of the average joe.

That kind of power (energy output per unit time) is frightening indeed.

Chisel tipped fingernails could make a difference, mine are quite strong and can wear sharp at times. I would imagine that if adrenalised I could push my thumbs through the neck of something smaller than me. Might be like ripping a phone book in half though, in that there's a knack to it.

Guest SmokeyCrabtree

If a chimpanzee was 7 feet tall, this is exactly how he would attack a rival. When chimps fight each other, they go for the soft parts and what they can grab and dismember. They often try to break the jaw to keep their opponent from biting them. This is why so many human victims of chimp attacks have horrific trauma on their face. If Bigfoot is a large primate closely related to humans and chimps, then this could be believable behavior. Having said that, attacking bears will use a wicked paw swipe to down their victims. If I was looking over my shoulder, running away, scared for my life, a bear paw upside a man's head could easily (over the course of time and many tellings of the story) turn into a decapitating Bigfoot.

I think we only can speculate without a pretty detailed account of the scene and the condition of the remains. I actually haven't listened to the audio, so I apologize if this is addressed. Look forward to hearing more later.

A BF can be ten feet tall. The one I saw had arms considerably more powerful than my legs. I don't doubt this could happen for a heartbeat.

I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again I'm never going into the woods again ...

:)

Guest BFSleuth

Do you have a link?

Here's Poignant's analysis of energy output of the Operation Persistence BF sighting (the one that ran uphill).

I tried to find the video documentary of the chimpanzees dismembering the monkey, but couldn't find it. I saw it in a documentary on TV, but can't remember the channel or title. I remember that the action of pulling off the leg was so quick I couldn't believe it, just a quick ****** and running off with a leg, then a frenzy of pulling parts off the body.

Here's a gif of a monkey throwing a raccoon, with a similar very quick ****** motion. Imagine the strength of trying to throw a full grown raccoon that far....

post-1142-0-59035200-1352166724.gif

Guest poignant

Nice gif BFSleuth.

Assuming raccoons have an average weight of 15 lbs, that's quite the distance for what looks like a lazy backhand swing!

Throwing a Raccoon and tearing it in half is not the same thing.

But thank you for looking! I appreciate it. ^_^