Sasquatch Kills Hunter?

Guest Chefsquared

What I hate to see is the bumping of dead threads simply because there's nothing new out there.

Hey man, that's all well and good but I don't see where any rules had been broken. With that said, you stated you personally hate seeing that, which is fine, but it's not all about you. And stating that the motivation was because there's "nothing new out there" is just a guess stated as fact. I think showing newcomers more hospitality, instead of hostility, is the way to garner more potential premium membership.

Now let's get back on topic here. I'm of the opinion they do know what the thunderstick of pain, suffering, and death is. They would know through simple observation. A friend of mine was run off the mountain by one and he was armed. I believe if he had taken a shot at it, he would not have lived to tell the tale.

My father used to wear a holstered pistol whenever we were out.  It was just a .22 with birdshot shells loaded for snakes, but they never seemed to make themselves known when he was around.

I do apologize for the derail. But, as there is nothing new to add to the thread in terms of actual information, the damage is minimal. Have a great week Hiflier.

OH!  Gentlemen, I was able to make contact with one of the formerly mentioned posters who got tired of this .  .  .  type of  unnecessary *******.  Thanks for the suggestions, they worked. 

A shame.  Had to go through another site.

[A bit off topic:  My granddaughter, age two, came by yesterday, and every time she felt she wasn't the center of attention - she'd drop everything, crawl up and get in your face - demanding attention.  Couldn't stand not being the center of attention.

Of course, she's only two.]  Thanks for letting me share.

Thats a great point about a learned behavior. Those types of things become instinct after time so maybe some of them have adapted to that. I have read many instances where hunters with guns have had sightings so not really sure what to think. Obviously learned behaviors can take on a Darwinian path also. Possibly different areas separated by long distances will most likely have different behaviors.

Because I am located in Texas I have not spent much time looking at reports in other states.  I probably need to more often. 

I am finally free to post as much as I want!!  Thank You mods!!!

I'd suggest that in different regions, those critters will have different experiences, and maybe even different capabilities to communicate. 

Some suggest the Southern BF is more aggressive than those of the Pacific Northwest.  Who are a bit different from the Appalachian Yahoos, who are different from Florida skunk apes.

There have been many narratives of a type of language communication they engage in - but I've never tried to connect the language capability among the different regions of the US.  The more isolated, likely the less likely they are aware of the capability of a long gun - not having seen it or not having seen it enough to make a connection.

Then again, we've all seen bad guys with bad tempers rush into a firearm - not seeming to care that they were going to get shot.

It would make sense to me that a Sasquatch would know what a gun is, simply through observation.

I'm a hunter and, over the years, I've seen animals bolt when you point a gun at them. Animals learn to associate danger with certain objects, sounds, colors, etc.

It's not a far reach to believe that a Sasquatch would know that a rifle is a dangerous, as they likely would have seen animals brought down by hunters, using rifles or even shotguns. I don't think any animal or even a Sasquatch, will understand the theory of how a gun works. However, they do know that a long points stick, with a loud noise, causes death or severe injury, through direct experience or observation.