Guest bmartin

Algonquin Park Bigfoot

BFSleuth

Terry, as a government employee were you in a position that would receive any reports?

Update regarding this video:

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/06/19/new-footage-bigfoot-seen-in-algonquin-park

Note the following from Tim Ervick of Ontario Wildlife Field Research-Ontario Bigfoot:

"On Oct 14 2010 the witness had just been canoeing in Algonquin park. They

decided to attach the GoPro camera they had been using during the trip to

the bumper to video tape the way out. The actual video is 2 hours long.

When they got home they were watching the video (showing his wife) and she

spotted the shape on the side of the road. They did not notice it at the

time of the drive out. We do know the exact area this video was taken and

have had several reports from close to it. Also the BFRO have reports from

the general area as well. In the next month we will go in and do a size

comparison video at the exact spot the video was taken. We would head in

sooner but we have several reports that are close to us and are very fresh.

This video was taken in 2010 so the chance it’s still standing there is

minimal to say the least.lol

The witness is very forthcoming with answers and seems completely honest.

We wish they were all like that."

Note this correction:

"Sorry Scott I mixed two reports up. His wife spotted the BF through the window while driving, and said, “what’s that�

That’s why he later reviewed the video in detail."

So, it seems that there is a more plausible back story to this video. They didn't just find it while looking at the video later, the wife saw it out the passenger window and they intentionally went back to try and see it on the video.

Perhaps it is time for all of us to stock up on several GoPros whenever we drive, pointed in all directions... just in case...

Terry

No, not really although I certainly could have received reports as could any of the staff. I received the cougar sighting reports and by the way, the govt. has now come forward and stated there are cougars in Ontario. The question now is the origin. I pioneered the cougar reports in this area and I was always kinda proud of that.

I am very familiar with the history of Algonquin Park, many of the old timers/rangers who worked there and many of the forest workers. Never once in my career did the subject come up amongst these folks. No legends, sightings, sign or sounds. We hear a bit now but only because of media such as the internet and the resulting hoaxers and folks who don't know very much about wildlife...much like the U.S. I have always had my bf antenna up though and still do even though I am skeptical.

t.

Edited by Terry

Slow-mo by youtube user SnohomishSasquatch. Somebody stabilize the frames please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLL2rq0DoGI&feature=endscreen&NR=1

Looks like it swings its right arm forward and stops, just before the vehicle comes alongside.

(at 0:10)

for sure- it's a hunter wearing a ghillie suit waiting for his ride. He hears truck coming, stands up, and is about to wave when he realizes it's not his ride. You can sort of see his knapsack on the ground. One thing that bothers me is the angle of the sun, if they are travelling south backtracking and it's morning, why is the sun in the west?

I've heard this ghillie suit explanation used a lot. Maybe I'm out of touch but who the heck wears a ghillie suit to hunt? I've hunted all my life and spent a lot of time at deer camps with hunters who all have different preferences I'm clothing and gear but I've NEVER seen a ghillie suit in the field.

he could be military, there is a base nearby.

BFSleuth

One thing that bothers me is the angle of the sun, if they are travelling south backtracking and it's morning, why is the sun in the west?

While they indicated they backtracked, I don't think they mentioned when and where they were when the wife spotted the figure. It could have happened while traveling north, so the angle of the sun would make sense in that case.

Did anyone see this on the Crypto page and remember it ?

this is a faked photo. Originally posted a few years ago and marketed at the time by:

Edward C.M. "Truck footage"/October 14, 2010

"Algonquin Park Canoe Trip"

Now it's touted as a Go-Pro footage? Huh?

Terry

he could be military, there is a base nearby.

Yep, good point!

t.

BFSleuth

Did anyone see this on the Crypto page and remember it ?

this is a faked photo. Originally posted a few years ago and marketed at the time by:

Edward C.M. "Truck footage"/October 14, 2010

"Algonquin Park Canoe Trip"

Now it's touted as a Go-Pro footage? Huh?

Can you provide a link to that? There may be more background story to this video than meets the eye, especially after what Steenberg posted from his experience in post #25 above. Seems like the videographer shopped this video around with more than one party until it got published. Now we want to know why.

Guest poignant

Did they correct the story about the wife seeing it in-vehicle just only, even though the vid has been in circulation privately for a while? Trying to sort out the chronology of events here.

I've hunted all my life and spent a lot of time at deer camps with hunters who all have different preferences I'm clothing and gear but I've NEVER seen a ghillie suit in the field.

In the field, you don't see ghillie suit man, but ghillie suit man sees you. :D

SweatyYeti

I would like to see just "one" clear picture of the many claims out there. Something definitive would be great.

Watch the Patterson Film. :)

thermalman

My favorite....:)

BFSleuth

In the field, you don't see ghillie suit man, but ghillie suit man sees you. :D

Not always, and if ghillie suit man is dumb enough to suit up in hunting season ghillie suit might get some holes in it....

... just sayin'....

OntarioSquatch

I dream of a world where I can safely walk around in a ghillie suit.